Opinion on Stretch Marks

Options

Replies

• k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my thighs really bad. I have noticed though if i see another woman with stretch marks i don't think twice about it but on me i think it's the most horrible thing in the world.

If you want to get rid of them as best you can i have heard good things about mederma stretch mark creme. I bought some but i didn't continue to use it because it's $40 dollars a bottle and i don't have extra money at the moment. I have also heard lotions with vitamin e can help.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Your stretch marks will fade with time ... Most men truly aren't bothered or deterred by stretch marks. I got divorced and had to go thru the dating process after children and never did I have a guy reject me over my stretch marks. Its kind of a shocker after your first baby when your body doesn't bounce back to the way it was ...I've learned to accept mine as part of being a woman .
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    im the fat one and have them.. yet my trim, in shape sexxy hubby has them on his arms. When he hit puberty, he went from being about 5'8" tall to 6'4" tall and from about 150 to 240 in about 2.5 months... if that wont give you stretch marks, nothing will!!

It isnt always about being fat! its about where you been , what you did and who you are. Think of it as a road map.. without them, you would be lost!

besides.. stretch marks are sensitive.. and that can be a huge turn on.. on the lower belly ;)
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    i feel like a major fail right now LOL

change the IMG to lower case img?
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have a very nasty, judgmental side to me but I would never look at someone and judge if they have stretch marks. It is one of those things that everyone has but we isolate ourselves in thinking that it is only us and ours are the worst. In HQ photos you can even see them on the VS girls when they walk down the runway. I was complaining about mine to my boyfriend once and he was legitimately confused because he didn't know what I was talking about. I explained it to him and he was like, "Oh, I have those too, is that another thing girls worry about?" And here I thought they were this disgusting thing that made me unattractive and he didn't even know wtf I was talking about.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Story time: Last weekend I was on the beach with my friend who is a size zero and a model (literally), anywho she asked what was on my thigh and I told her it was a stretch mark. She went, "Ugh, I hate those. I have them all on my hips."

Moral of the story: Even supermodels have stretch marks, so we should stop freaking out about it.

The End.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Story time: Last weekend I was on the beach with my friend who is a size zero and a model (literally), anywho she asked what was on my thigh and I told her it was a stretch mark. She went, "Ugh, I hate those. I have them all on my hips."

Moral of the story: Even supermodels have stretch marks, so we should stop freaking out about it.

The End.

lol.. i used to be that model size. if she had to ask what was on your hip, she sure as heck didnt have any. She was saying that to make you feel better. Just honest here..

and if you were at the beach.. you would have seen them on her.
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options

The End.

lol.. i used to be that model size. if she had to ask what was on your hip, she sure as heck didnt have any. She was saying that to make you feel better. Just honest here..

I WAS THINKING THE SAME EXACT THING LOL
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options

The End.

Mine look weird though because my skin is so pale and I did see them, so she did.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

The End.

I WAS THINKING THE SAME EXACT THING LOL

i cant say for her.. but ive been there.. so i can honestly say that i have said that to people.. back when i was the itty bitty one. lol..
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options
    [/quote]

i cant say for her.. but ive been there.. so i can honestly say that i have said that to people.. back when i was the itty bitty one. lol..
    [/quote]

Well, stretch marks isn't just from being fat. It's can also be from going through puberty.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are married to a great guy! If he doesn't mind them, then you just need to get past your insecurities surrounding them.

They will fade some, and if they are thin, they will be less noticable after a while. They also look better with a bit of a tan...

I have HORRIBLE stretch marks. They bother me more than anyone else. I have three grown children, and as others have said, I earned the stretch marks. I'm a size two and in great shape. I got stretch marks because I am small and had big babies (I gained 60 lbs with my first, and that's when I earned most of the stretch marks). I think it is also related to the elasticity in your skin. In any case, it can't be changed once they are there.

You have a wonderful baby and husband... Life is good...
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've earned every single one of them....doesn't mean I like them, but we've made friends :smile:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump I have a bunch of them but I still wear a 2 piece. If there were any tricks on reducing them I would love to know
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I hate mine, between kids and too many years of being so huge the ones on my belly are very wide. Worse luck is they look more noticeable as I lose weight. At least they compete with my sagging boobs, skin, cellulite and varicose veins for most unattractive part of my body LOL
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have stretchmarks and I never even had a baby. At least you have a good reason.

If the body looks good, who cares? I sure don't.

And if you do care, Maderma helps a lot. ( I use it)

Woman + hot stomach + stretchmarks = Woman + hot stomach
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have them on my belly and arms.. the belly ones I don't mind as they are going silvery now, but always hated my upper arm ones! I just use them as a motivation to lose weight now!
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Some of you ladies are so lucky to have such wonderful, understanding and loving husbands/significant others. Bravo to you and to them :smile:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've earned every single one of them....doesn't mean I like them, but we've made friends :smile:

I love this, and I feel the same way.. I wouldn't give up a single one they are just reminders of the 3 of the best days of my life...
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES! I JUST POSTED A STRETCH MARK/TUMMY PICTURE ON MY PROFILE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A LOOK AND SEE THE ISSUE THAT STARTED THIS ENTIRE POSTING LOL LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, YOU WONT HURT MY FEELINGS!