Dieting WTFs?

Options

Replies

• Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen more dieting WTF's than right here. "Not losing weight? Eat more!"

I'd say the biggest "wtf's" are the people who bash some diets that actually work.
    If you look through the forums, at least one person is bashing every diet that exists
    or saying that every concept is a lie or myth. It happens all over on here.
    Sure, some of them are bad or b.s, but there is quite a few that are true and work.
    Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's a lie.
    And just because it works doesn't mean it's healthy.

I think the biggest WTF out there right now is the feeding tube diet. OMFG! Why are the doctors doing this not thrown in jail??
    Oh my! I heard about this one, its big in Italy isnt it?! x
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    God, if I hear another Paleo/Atkins/HFLC zealot rave about how you can eat 5,000 + calories of animal protein and dark leafy greens and NEVER gain weight, I'll eat my hat.

I'm not wearing a hat. :laugh:

lol. Ketotards.
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I got an email saying how I can lose 30lbs in 17days o__+
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen more dieting WTF's than right here. "Not losing weight? Eat more!"

To each their own but increasing my calories worked for me.
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    Lol cabbage soup hahahahaha
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did Atkins twice and you do lose the weight but very hard to keep up. Thus gained it back
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Saw one recently at a fair that said you can lose 15lb in a week by drinking aloe vera (cactus juice).

I can't be the only one...

dgkmlk.gif
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is this the new "Super Thin Hat Eating Diet"? Hummm, seems legit :tongue:
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya on that sister!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Haha. I was too chicken to post this.

^^^ Waiting for the storm :) ^^^
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Don't eat after 6pm & you'll sure to lose weight, LMAO
  • susankeiko
    Options
    I tried the HCG Diet about a year ago for 6 months. Lost 15 pounds! Felt extremely weak every day. Had a head cold the whole time. Headaches were really bad. Couldn't even enjoy the pounds that I lost. Got off the program and I kid you not....I gained those 15 pounds right back in 4 days! They need to take that off the market. So not good for you. How silly of me to think that 500 calories a day would be a healthy life change. You probably wouldn't even need those drops. They did not help curve my appetite. Anyone can eat 500 calories a day and lose weight. DON'T TRY THIS!!!!!
  • oregon_nicole
    oregon_nicole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree. Paleo is simply a clean eating diet - cut out sugar and processed foods. it's great, actually.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The laxative diet lol. I never tried it but it always made me laugh thinking of those that did/do try it =).
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends are doing the cabbage soup diet. All you can eat cabbage soup *whoo hoo!* It's too bad though that so many people are looking for a quick and easy solution, and when it doesn't work they become severely discouraged and decide they can't lose weight.

I won't lie though, when they come out with a "Eat as much chocolate cake and cheesecake as you want" type of diet I'll probably jump on that band wagon!

I've tried this cabbage soup diet! And there is more to it than that lol, the soup is actually delicious too. It's like DAY 1: Eat only bananas and red meat and all the soup you want. DAY 2: Eat Green vegetables and crackers and all the soup you want".

"APPARENTLY" this diet helps you to lose about 10 lbs in about 1 week, but not 20 lbs in 2 weeks etc. I've heard that it's a good starting week for people who get discouraged and quit if they don't see immediate results.

PS I only stayed on that diet for about 6 hours! hahaha

PPS When you discover that chocolate cake diet, bring it me me immediately.

:laugh:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends are doing the cabbage soup diet. All you can eat cabbage soup *whoo hoo!* It's too bad though that so many people are looking for a quick and easy solution, and when it doesn't work they become severely discouraged and decide they can't lose weight.

I won't lie though, when they come out with a "Eat as much chocolate cake and cheesecake as you want" type of diet I'll probably jump on that band wagon!

Save room for me... LOL... a LOT of room!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I got an email saying how I can lose 30lbs in 17days o__+

I just got an email saying I can double the size of my YOU-KNOW-WHAT! Probably from the same people ;)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen more dieting WTF's than right here.

i agree with this...
    "Not losing weight? Eat more!"
    and the fact that you are using THIS as your example is MY example of a dieting WTF

.....eating under 1200 calories will get you nothing but health issues in the long run. its not "eat more twinkies and lose weight" people don't know how to implement it. but anyways ive wasted enough time backing it up. do as you wish.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    According to a Dr Oz website, potassium is an essential enzyme???? "Potassium is an essential enzyme for the body's growth and maintenance tasked with managing the normal water balance between cells..."

Had to re-read it a few times to make sure I was reading it right... Not really sure if I would believe anything on that site given that potassium is an element and not made of protein!

Potassium is an essential enzyme.

Different link for you but it explains Potassium and its importance :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/370138-what-is-the-purpose-of-potassium-in-the-human-body/

Potassium is an electrolyte, used in nerve transmission and is a cofactor is certain enzymatic processes but is not an enzyme. Enzymes are proteins that lower activation energy for reactions within the body, potassium is inorganic and not a protein.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Same could be said for raspberry ketones, huh? :laugh:

Raspberry ketones haven't been scientifically proven to work. There have actually been studies about it and all of the (legitimate) ones I've seen have shown that they don't work.