I highly suggest Chalean Extreme!

Options
I absolutley love this set of workout!!! I can't do much jumping etc but most of the exercises she has are usually better for the knees than most of the videos I have seen. Like when she does her sumo squat burpee she turns her toes out so it's lighter on the knees instead of the regular way. I love the lifting all of it.

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 and I've loving it as well! What week are you on?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I am on week one. But I have had it for a few months and I didn't get past week 1. I have completed a full week but I am starting over and I really love it. I just did the cardio intervals and abs last night!! My whole back is sore. I have noticed though I don't feel like my legs get a great workout. Do you?
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will be finishing this next week! Love it! I have lost 17 lbs. I don't know how many inches yet because I won't measure until Wednesday. This workout changed my life. First program I have ever been able to stick with!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    'I Luvit I Luvit I Luvit' tooo!

I love :heart: Chalene, her workouts (and her motivational stuff.. and her book PUSH!!!)

and she makes me LAUGH! .. I like to pretend she is my mentor.. haha :blushing:
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 3rd round on Monday! Can't wait to get back into this workout. I have had results from this program like I never have with any other workout. I have been doing various other things for the past year and had dismal results. So it is time to go back to the one thing that I know works for me. Good luck to all of you!

Tracy
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    I am anxiously awaiting TurboFire to come and thinking of incorporating chalean extreme here in a few weeks for the muscle tone.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love CLX. I did it earlier this year. It helped me lose the last few lbs and reach my goal! I'm almost at the end of P90X. After I finish and going alternate each month between the two program's. Chalene is amazing. She really keeps you motivated
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I am on week one. But I have had it for a few months and I didn't get past week 1. I have completed a full week but I am starting over and I really love it. I just did the cardio intervals and abs last night!! My whole back is sore. I have noticed though I don't feel like my legs get a great workout. Do you?

You are constantly squatting and lunging in CLX your legs are getting an amazing workout, I am in the PUSH phase and my booty is hard as a rock and i finally am seeing my legs take shape.... if you counted how many times you squated and lunged while lifting, you would surprise yourself!
  • jdavis193
    Options

You are constantly squatting and lunging in CLX your legs are getting an amazing workout, I am in the PUSH phase and my booty is hard as a rock and i finally am seeing my legs take shape.... if you counted how many times you squated and lunged while lifting, you would surprise yourself!

I was used to doing like the high stepper for my lower body with heavy weights. This one for me isn't as tough for my legs.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i am going to do my last burn circuit today and will start push on monday. Loving this one! I am anxious to do the measurements tomorrow and see what kind of results I am getting. I have completed two rounds of turbofire and wanted to incorporate some lifting. I just LOVE Chalene!!!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second round. Love CE- so much fun and love the muscle definition and feel stronger. It's also helped improve my cardio for running. Definitely recommend it also.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am inquisitive about Chalean extreme. I have used some turbo jam dvds from the library and love it! And from what I have read around, seems like CLX is good for strength and toning.

Can I do this dvd workout with just resistance bands of varying intensity? I will be traveling a lot so at the moment dumbbells are not the best choice for me. So I am looking for resistance bands based workouts.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am inquisitive about Chalean extreme. I have used some turbo jam dvds from the library and love it! And from what I have read around, seems like CLX is good for strength and toning.

Can I do this dvd workout with just resistance bands of varying intensity? I will be traveling a lot so at the moment dumbbells are not the best choice for me. So I am looking for resistance bands based workouts.

I did this workout three years ago when it came out. I don't think you can use resistance bands; at least Chalene doesn't show that as an option, if I recall correctly. She emphasizes lifting as heavy as you possibly can, and I don't think you'll find bands that will provide enough resistance.

That's just my recollection. But I'll let others who have done it more recently chime in.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options

YES! Chalene has someone in the videos who only uses resistance bands. It is great for strength and toning.
  • cindybickler
    Options

YES! Chalene has someone in the videos who only uses resistance bands. It is great for strength and toning.

I always take my videos and bands with me when i travel. I can either do it in my hotel room or in the room I am staying at at families houses. I now take two bands because my friend wanted to join me after watching the video. : )
  • Mama2JAK
    Mama2JAK Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree!! Chalene is amazing!! I've been doing Turbofire for almost 6 weeks and have already lost 16 lbs and nearly 18 inches total. She is so inspiring!! I became part of a facebook support group and it helped me so much!! I think I am going to try CLX next!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

I feel like they do as long as I focus on lifting from my heals.
  • cindybickler
    Options

[/quot

i really have to concentrate on lifting from my heals! but you are right if you do you REALLY feel it.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I love CLX. I did it earlier this year. It helped me lose the last few lbs and reach my goal! I'm almost at the end of P90X. After I finish and going alternate each month between the two program's. Chalene is amazing. She really keeps you motivated

Which do you like better?
  • jdavis193
    Options

[/quot

i really have to concentrate on lifting from my heals! but you are right if you do you REALLY feel it.

Ya I do lift from my heals I have been soin other videos for 3 years and so to me it's not as tough just yet but I used to have really strong legs I am going to through back in my lower body on the higher stepper!