Did anyone struggle with C25k?

Options
124»

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Uh - yes I struggled. I couldn't finish all the runs either. Each week took me 2 weeks to do. Today, I can run 3 miles without problem and in September I start training for my first half marathon. Don't give up. You'll get there.
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I just started with week two, and yes its a struggle still! Good job on starting the program! Best of luck!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    W5D2: Today's C25K was for 8/5/8. I accidentally walked 6 instead of 5 but I ran the full 8 minutes both times. Very, very, difficult for me. I will repeat this day- there's no way I can do a full 20 minute run. I think I am going to do another 8/5/8, then create my own interval of 9/4/9, then 10/3/10, and then 12/2/12, finally reaching a full 20 minutes in another week. I have to protect myself and know my limits. This will be the first time I have made adjustments or had to do a repeat. That's ok, though, because when I first started I could not run 60 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. You can do it too.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had an epiphany yesterday about my running.

I was doing it on the treadmill when I got up and it was hard work. Then I had a couple of lazy mornings so decided to do it when I got in from work and it was much much easier.

I finally realized that I wake up all congested, when I did the run in the morning I couldn't breath. A couple of hours later or in the evening I'm all unblocked. Breathing really helps :D

I don't know if this helps anyone?
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of C25K today.. With my husband.

Who can run about seven miles by himself without tiring.

Needless to say I was very disappointed in myself for not being able to finish the last three 60 second run times.. But I am proud of myself for taking the first step and doing it anyway. Did anyone else struggle with starting out on the c25k?

I'm on week 3 of training for The Color Run, so I know what you're going through. A friend of mine, who definitely not a runner, started doing this a little over a year ago, now she's run multiple half-marathons and is part of a relay team that's running 200 miles! She gave me the best advice... She was on week 6 or 7 or something and she had to run 20 minutes nonstop. She had doubts, but she said to herself, "Millions of people before me have done this, so can I."

So, I guess all I am trying to say is, so can you! :) Proud of you for taking the first step! In two weeks when you're able to breeze through a workout, you'll look back and smile!
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling, running slow, stopping before you're supposed to... you're still going further, faster thaeople who don't even try. :)

Love that! I'm planning to start tomorrow. I tried a few months ago and didn't stick to it. I was working out on my own but not regularly enough. I joined Get In Shape For Women and have been exercising more regularly, and really want to try again. I'm 52 and have about 40 pounds to lose. Can I do it??
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    W5D2: Today's C25K was for 8/5/8. I accidentally walked 6 instead of 5 but I ran the full 8 minutes both times. Very, very, difficult for me. I will repeat this day- there's no way I can do a full 20 minute run. I think I am going to do another 8/5/8, then create my own interval of 9/4/9, then 10/3/10, and then 12/2/12, finally reaching a full 20 minutes in another week. I have to protect myself and know my limits. This will be the first time I have made adjustments or had to do a repeat. That's ok, though, because when I first started I could not run 60 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. You can do it too.
    Don't psyche yourself out. If you managed today but feel like you have to repeat then repeat, but I don't think you really need to break it out quite as much as you are.

I know someone who COULD NOT run continuously for 20 mins, no matter how many times they tried. That was until they wrote "don't stop, keep running" on the back of their hand and looked at it while they were out! Once you're at the stage you're at it's just as much a mental thing as a physical one.

Good luck!