Who else is on 1200 calories per day?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    I don't eat meat either and find it difficult to get my protein in without eating too much tofu. Would love some suggestions.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    If the scale isn't moving and you are on 1200 calories its possible that you could be working out too much and your body doesn't have time to recover and do its thing. Or it could be something you are eating you are sensitive to and its causing you to hold on to wait such as gluten or dairy. the only other thing i can think of is a hormonal or thyroid issue. I would think the 800 calorie diet would be tough and may be too little calories. I don't know, let me know how it goes.
  • Munchkinated
    Options
    I am on the 1200 calorie too but I feel like I can't meet my daily goal. I keep under-eating because I don't feel hungry. Is that bad? Should I eat anyway? Even if I am not hungry? .__.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I am, and I think a piece of fruit is the best snack, or Greek yogurt!
  • Byemma
    Byemma Posts: 55
    Options
    I am on 1200calories too. I can fit in all my meals including 2 snacks, but that does need some work and thinking. I can't manage if I don't eat low calories vegetables (ice berg salads!).
    I bike a lot and I put that in as exercise. Because of that I can have bigger meals (I love bread!), another snack or maybe a dessert. When I do a work out (trying to fit it in my schedule), I can eat more, but I usually just make bigger lunches or have an extra (healthy) snack. But, when I burn a lot of calories in my work outs, I do not always eat all the calories back. I know a net of 1200 is the minimum, but sometimes I just can't eat so much.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am on 1300 cals, I try 1200 but I always want a bit more.
  • unsa48
    unsa48 Posts: 4
    Options
    Me! I exercise lots six days a week so I let myself have a few treats here and there. Today was not good snack-wise though!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I buy jumbo porridge oats. Oatmeal is more grainy right? Does it fill you up more than porridge?

No, mine is also jumbo porridge oats or just the normal porridge oats (Scotts or Quaker or whatever)! I put extra stuff in sometimes, like grated apple or raisins, but I grew up eating it so it's not a big deal for me. If you can get used to it, it will give you a 300 calorie breakfast (with soy milk) and fill you up. If you're not full on oatmeal, then try an egg on toast or some quark/total 0% with honey - I feel fuller longer with a protein based breakfast. Also, don't cut out all the fat as that helps keep you full so you could experiment and maybe have a little less of a 5% fat plain yoghurt instead of 0% and see what that does. Sometimes more calories per gram is a tradeoff for a better result.

Hope it helps, feel free to friend me, although I closed my diary due to the anti-1200 calorie a day-advice-dispensers ;)