Binged! :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Gurl, I feel you.

I binged last night, I cried and resorted to comfort eating. Started with a chocolate bar, then biscuits (Cookies) then unlimited Hummus and cheese sandwiches, I reached for the ramen, at 9pm but decided against it (that would have been another 500 calories). Probably ate 1000 calories over. I felt awful each time I ate, but couldn't stop.

I feel awful today, I'm counting yesterday as a cheat day (better than saying emotional eating binge day!) but I'm going to drink a lot of water and workout, and hope my scale will be kind to me tomorrow :/
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel...I was doing great all week despite that the job was over-the-top stressful, then I broke down yesterday and dined out. Felt so miserable I hid in my bed for the rest of the day and night.

Today is a new day. Back on the wagon. Regret and reset.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i had a total bing this weekend. have to go to a picnic today and I am sure that I will over eat. I need to dig up some motivation and get back to running and biking regularly.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    don't be silly! you can't gain 2kgs in one day. most probs you need a poop or it's water weight.
    don't worry :)

nothing wrong with a binge. need to shock the system every now and then otherwise progress stalls

^^lol yes! poop! that's a good idea. yes tmi, but seriously... that's usually what it is for me. lmao
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Avoiding those foods that we like is a recipe for disaster... I eat good all week and on the weekends have a couple free meals/ cheat meals... Thursday night had Supreme Nachos, Buffalo Wings, a Loaded Pizza, and capped the night off with a Peanut butter cup blizzard... Never once feeling guilty or beating myself up for what I just ate.. Went to bed got up the next morning and got right back on point.

There you go...

--P
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    So...here's a thought...instead of thinking you've ruined 4 binge free weeks...why not think "I manged a whole 4 weeks in between binges - wow"?

Seriously, you've done great to go so long and that needs celebrating!

I'm desperately trying to overcome binge eating and one thing that's really working for me this time is finding positive things in every situation. When you start to do that it's funny that often you can find that the good points outweight the bad and it does motivate you more. Try it :)
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to flush out the sodium you ate yesterday, and you should be back to normal tomorrow.
    I was supposed to have a binge day yesterday at a bridal shower, and they didn't have any food I really wanted to binge on, so thankfully I didn't! I was proud of myself.
    Today is a new day, forget about the past and move forward in this journey!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    And don't forget, we log here daily, but your body doesn't count time that way. Sure, over a given period of time, you need to hit your calorie goals. But that could easily be over many days, or weeks, or even months.

As the gentleman noted, you need to have a good relationship with food. Food is your friend, not your enemy. It's here to help you. Embrace it, but make it work for you, don't be a slave to it. You are the master in that relationship.

In any case, relax and enjoy your vacation.

--P
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    This is very helpful.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    don't be silly! you can't gain 2kgs in one day. most probs you need a poop or it's water weight.
    don't worry :)

nothing wrong with a binge. need to shock the system every now and then otherwise progress stalls

^^lol yes! poop! that's a good idea. yes tmi, but seriously... that's usually what it is for me. lmao

haha defo. or could be trapped wind. was for me the other day. sorry if tmi but we all do it ;)
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Avoiding those foods that we like is a recipe for disaster... I eat good all week and on the weekends have a couple free meals/ cheat meals... Thursday night had Supreme Nachos, Buffalo Wings, a Loaded Pizza, and capped the night off with a Peanut butter cup blizzard... Never once feeling guilty or beating myself up for what I just ate.. Went to bed got up the next morning and got right back on point. I had some comfort food which satisfied my cravings and knowing I can have that again next weekend will keep me on point this week... Don't deprive yourself it will only set you up to fail... You have to work on your relationship with food, I have gained control over food now to the point there are some weekends where I planned a cheat meal the meal came and I opted for a Large homemade chicken salad or something healthy like that even though I had the option for the cheat meal.. Baby steps..... You will get there...... Take it one day at a time.... Best of Luck....

^^Yes. You have to find a way to work in the foods you love. Whether you learn to do them in moderation or only eat them on "cheat" days, it's important that you don't deprive yourself! If your binge was of the emotional sort (mine usually are), take some time to think about what your were feeling, what set you off. Then dust yourself off and move on. Don't enter the shame/guilt spiral. It will only lead to more binging.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Logging in the binges really brings it home. Those red numbers staring you in the face are so REAL. But I realized I binged everyday before starting MFP. I just called it eating back then. I now have more good days than binges so put it in prospective. Sometimes we sabotage ourselves when we get close to a goal. Or sometimes we tried to fill up an empty holes with food. Sometimes you just WANT it. Look for something else to comfort you. Journal about it on MFP. Forgive yourself and remember today is a NEW day. If you must give yourself 40 lashes, do it with a soft cotton whip. You will recover quicker!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I plan my cheat meals too. I knew I was going to a neighborhood party yesterday evening, so I saved my weekly cheat meal for then. I let myself eat lots of chips and dips and even chocolate-dipped strawberries and marshmallows. I'm sure I was over my calorie goal for the day, but I was up at 7am this morning to do my scheduled run. Today it's back to business.
  • Tapricias
    Tapricias Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just logged my food from Saturday and am over 1800 calories. I call this a food frenzy...first one I have had since joining MFP...so I logged my food for today and exercise and will try faithfully to stick to it...good luck to you on vacation :glasses:
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It is one day. Let it go. Progress not perfection. 1 day does not undo everything you have done. I don't know your calories, exercise etc but it could be a sign that you are being overly restrictive. It is normal for the scale yo show up when you eat heavy at night and it doesn't mean it will stay there. Today is a new day. Turn that frown upside down!:bigsmile:
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I agree with most- it's over, don't beat yourself up as that creates emotional havoc that could potentially lead to more. Also, if you have done so well for 4 weeks; then perhaps your body needed this little boost! Okay large boost. BUT, your body does need to be confused once in awhile.

Perhaps to control future binges, you should plan a large "fun" meal every week. Then some of the items you binges on can be incorporated into your week.

What I do is plan that "fun" meal first for the day, then balance out the rest of the day around that meal.

It is probably water weight!! Don't sweat it. Actually... GO SWEAT IT. Sweat it off!!

No worries! :~D
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you have been cutting calories for a while and have a binge for 1 day then youll be fine.

Some of us call this a cheat day or spike day.

Dont be surprised to weigh less tomorrow after you take a dump.

I love how you said that! :bigsmile:

Truth is most people who diet a while and have a binge/spike/cheat day see results the next day.

Thirsday night I weighed 137.
    Friday AM 135.
    Ate 3300 cals and 500g carbs.
    Saturday I woke up to 134lbs.
    I'm only 5'6"!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If you have been cutting calories for a while and have a binge for 1 day then youll be fine.

Truth is most people who diet a while and have a binge/spike/cheat day see results the next day.

Friday AM 135.
    I'm only 5'6"!

500g carbs?! Holy hero! I had a good loss after I had cake and pizza one day. It was too long ago to remember, but it was enough to make me happy! :)
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    You were probably emotional eating! Now, just do better today & the rest of the week. One night of binging isn't going to undo all your weight loss. Just get back on the horse!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Friday AM 135.
    I'm only 5'6"!

500g carbs?! Holy hero! I had a good loss after I had cake and pizza one day. It was too long ago to remember, but it was enough to make me happy! :)

Interesting read:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html