I just can't eat bread!

Options
2»

Replies

• jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    i had that exact same issue. my doctor first suspected irritated bowel syndrome but they then found out i hace celiac disease. my symptoms were very bad when i ate bread (as in looking like i was 4 months pregnant, stomach cramps etc) but not as bad when I ate cereal. i don't know why that is, but that's my story.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I switched to grain sprouted bread. There several different types of Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It is kept in the grocer's freezer. It is a very dense bread, but works great for paninis or just putting peanut butter on. It is a little expensive, but seems to last long for me. It does need to stay in the refrigerator though.
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    i love bread and don't have a problem with it, but it has too many calories for my liking .. so i started eating crackers and kept trying to find sorts with less and less calories .. i found these, they have 25cal per slice and i put a slice of ham inside and voilà a sandwich .. for 100 cal (2 crackers + 1 slice of ham) .. although i have no particular food issues, these crackers happen to be gluten, wheat and lactose free .. and i love them .. i always have about 6 boxes at home and ready .. schär fette .. and no i don't work for them .. LOL .. :laugh:

http://www.schaer.com/en/gluten-free-products/fette-croccanti/
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free since February and I love it. I eat Ezekiel bread found in the freezer section at the grocery store.

I only eat this once in a while though.. 2x a week. 1-2 slices max. I also eat rye bread.

very good options,but watch your carb intake, glutens or not.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed at how different we all are :drinker:

I love bread, rice, pasta, etc ...... but they do NOT love me ......

Through trial & error I've found I can tolerate small portions of sourdough and Ezekial breads, and those Arnold multigrain thins .....

Find out what works for you ..... and good luck !
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I dont' eat much bread anymore (gluten free 13 years) but when I really feel the need I eat Udi's gluten free - closest thing to sandwich bread I've found, lightly toasted it makes great sandwiches. Properly browned it makes very satisfying toast.

Udi's! That's the one I was thinking of.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with bread, rice, & pastas. I have to be careful, but as far as the bread goes...I found Ezekial 4:9 100% sprouted whole grain bread to be the only bread I can eat that does not have that effect on me. This was recommended by a nutritionist and is low on the glycemic index.

Good Luck!