Need to Lose Weightt FAST-HELP!

Options
124»

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    well maybe ill move my goal to 135.. 25 lbs thts about 3.5 lbs a week. not too unhealthy.

Unless you are obese (which you are not, unless you are under 5 feet tall) it is not recommended to lose more than 2 lbs per week. In general, you should not try to lose more than 1% of your body weight per week, which in your case is 1.6 lbs. So yeah, total weight loss of more like 8 lbs in 5 weeks is your safest bet. Don't set yourself up for failure or illness for short term goals! Weight loss is a long, hard process if you want it to stay off.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    all you sarcastic ones can hop off. i started this topic by saying i need encouragement . even if you dont agree with my goal dorsnt mean you have to be rude about it. all im really looking for is encouragement to keep my on here.

One of the wonderful but sometimes harsh things about the MFP community is that, as a rule, they will not just tell you what you want to hear. Although there is some snark on here, most of the advice is from well-intentioned individuals trying to tell you that your goal is unhealthy and unsustainable. You're not going to get "encouraged" to do something bad for you on this site.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    all you sarcastic ones can hop off. i started this topic by saying i need encouragement . even if you dont agree with my goal dorsnt mean you have to be rude about it. all im really looking for is encouragement to keep my on here.

Ok. Well, good luck in doing something that will likely damage your body. All the best with a short term diet that can't be sustainable, and may just cause longer term health issues. Crossing my fingers that you succeed even though I seem to be encouraging a severe eating disorder.

--P
  • GroovyFoxyLove
    Options
    It's true that you wont always hear what you want to hear..or in this case, read what you want to read..but I and some others on this thread are only trying to be helpful. 30 lbs in 50 days is just not going to happen unless you were to lose the weight in a harmful way. Anyway from what another poster has mentioned..losing inches can also display quite a difference..so you might want to not just focus on weight loss as a whole.
  • nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    Options
    I never meant for anyone to encourage me to do something unhealthy, but encouraging me to at least work out and try to but steady would be nice. Im not looking for people to suck up to me, im looking for people who are out for the others best interest. Not to be rude and sarcastic about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!