500 cal per day diet

Options
Hi have just started with my fitness pal. Need to lose weight fast, have doc's approval. am using spiru-tein supplements several flavours. started on Thursday by cutting out two meals. hoping to be able to supplement three meals with the supplements within seven days. so far feel great.

Peterchimes

Replies

• tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Been there done that with HCG. Not a good thing imo. Plus you may very well gain it all back like I did. I ended up doing a 1500 calorie diet. Ate anything I wanted but when I hit 1500 that was that. It helped me greatly in proportuning foods and MFP's food database was a great tool for that as well. I started last October, went on vacation in Las Vegas, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cruise in March and still stayed below or right at 175. I dropped 25 pounds in 3 months, slowly and healthy. Give it a try.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)

Is this for a surgery or something? Losing weight that quickly can rob you of your lean muscle mass, which is very important for bone strength and overall fitness. Are you exercising at all?
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    hmmm with doctors approval??? 500 cals a day??

so you have posted your information what is the question?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    can't be serious
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    can't be serious

srsly
  • sashalee2001
    Options
    that's a low amount of calories.... have you ever tried a 1200 - 1500 calorie diet?
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Well why? Do you have surgery or something? 500 calories a day aren't safe for the long term.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    the trolls must be having a marathon today
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie

Jimmycrackedcorn
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    that's a low amount of calories.... have you ever tried a 1200 - 1500 calorie diet?

I had 1111 calories today. I called it "breakfast". Looking forward to lunch and dinner.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    thats like one meal a day....are you ****ing serious?
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    500 calories is not enough, and I've seen my former employers try the HGC method, lose up to seventy pounds and gain it all back when resuming a normal eating schedule. It's madness. The only one it's worked for was my ex-boss, who shortly after losing the weight had lap-band surgery. In my experience, doctors don't know enough about nutrition. :huh:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Ypu know when an ambulance/fire/police get called out to a bogus call

Not saying MFP people are on the same path, but it takes up time from people that can be caring and sharing with people that want help?

Time can be better spent helping people that are genuine
  • Jules2Be
    Options
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    . In my experience, doctors don't know enough about nutrition. :huh:

In my experience, most people don't tell the whole truth about their doctors visits.
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    Options
    hmmm with doctors approval??? 500 cals a day??

so you have posted your information what is the question?

I'm a medical assistant and my provider will do diets like this. But its very closely monitored and the patient has to keep a very detailed diary. They get medical food, supplements, and they HAVE to be excersising! If the doctor knows what they are doing and they are doing it right, it can work. I see it every day. They have weekly tests like EKG's, body scans, bloodwork......Like I said. They are very closely monitored.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Oh dear...
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    You may lose it quickly,but you will gain it back every faster. Anything thing under 1200-1500 calories a day causes your metabolism to drop like a rock. It will remain low until your calorie count picks up and while it picks up you will gain weight.

The purpose of myfitnesspal.com is to accept a reasonably healthy calorie level, stick to it and lose. I am on 1200 a day and I steadily lose 1.5-2 lbs a week.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Geez....Thats 156 cals less than my daily breakfast...
  • Jules2Be
    Options
    trll.png

oops
This discussion has been closed.