Replies

• katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    :huh:
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    Extremely dangerous, IMHO. I would steer clear of any doctor that would recommend it, or give the injection.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/03/14/hcg-diet-dangers-is-fast-weight-loss-worth-the-risk

From the article: homeopathic hCG is fraudulent and illegal when sold for weight-loss purposes. How do these doctors keep their license?
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Been there done that with HCG. Not a good thing imo. Plus you may very well gain it all back like I did. I ended up doing a 1500 calorie diet. Ate anything I wanted but when I hit 1500 that was that. It helped me greatly in proportuning foods and MFP's food database was a great tool for that as well. I started last October, went on vacation in Las Vegas, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cruise in March and still stayed below or right at 175. I dropped 25 pounds in 3 months, slowly and healthy. Give it a try.

Me too! 1500 worked well for me. I lost 76lbs in 8 months. I gained about 25 back over the holidays and then plateaued. Now I am at 1200 and starting to work my way out of the plateau. I say do it the old fashioned way. Diet and exercise. Shakes and pills did NOT work for me.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    thats like one meal a day....are you ****ing serious?

I had more than 550 cals for breakfast alone! Any doctor who approves or supervises this kind of "diet" should lose their license! Period!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    ASSUMING that the person above isn't a troll or is lying about his/her doctor approving of this, I don't see whats wrong with it. If the doc is putting you up to something like this, the doctor obviously know about the person than we do online...

Stop bullying a new comer just because you donot approve of what his DOCTOR suggested...
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    hmmm with doctors approval??? 500 cals a day??

so you have posted your information what is the question?

I'm a medical assistant and my provider will do diets like this. But its very closely monitored and the patient has to keep a very detailed diary. They get medical food, supplements, and they HAVE to be excersising! If the doctor knows what they are doing and they are doing it right, it can work. I see it every day. They have weekly tests like EKG's, body scans, bloodwork......Like I said. They are very closely monitored.

Great!! All doctors are not, in fact, idiots.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you got "doctor" approval why are you asking us.. And what exactly are you asking?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I had more than 550 cals for breakfast alone! Any doctor who approves or supervises this kind of "diet" should lose their license! Period!

Of course, there is never ever any reason to Rx a VCLD or PSMF. Ban all those idiots
  • taunto
    Options
    If you got "doctor" approval why are you asking us.. And what exactly are you asking?

This is the introduction section and he was introducing himself....
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    For **** sake...
  • taunto
    Options

The sad part of this ignorant statement is that its coming from a person who in the past have made decent posts
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    F that noise!! I want some food! LOL
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    . In my experience, doctors don't know enough about nutrition. :huh:

In my experience, most people don't tell the whole truth about their doctors visits.

_proxy.gif
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Your doctor needs to have his license revoked, he clearly doesn't understand healthy eating habits. You can do it but unless you plan on eating only 500 calories a day for the rest of your life, you will gain it back and then some. Why would you starve yourself like that? :/
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    How long do you intend on doing this for? No offence, but a lot of people can't handle 1200 calories a day, much less 500...
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    ASSUMING that the person above isn't a troll or is lying about his/her doctor approving of this, I don't see whats wrong with it. If the doc is putting you up to something like this, the doctor obviously know about the person than we do online...

Stop bullying a new comer just because you donot approve of what his DOCTOR suggested...

:drinker:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    so you eat once a day? well of course you'll lose weight. any idiot with a brain can figure that out.

wanna know what else will happen? you'll be unhealthy, you'll lose your muscle mass, you won't be able to run up the stairs without being out of breath and you'll gain it back as soon as you quit.

try the old fashioned way. eat healthy, move more.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if this is a medically supervised plan, don't even discuss it on these forums. You're gonna get ripped apart, and you will get minimal support, because very few people around here seem to believe you can possibly lose weight without eating under 1700 calories a day.

That being said, good for you for talking to your doctor and being proactive. Ignore the haters, and when the time comes to add more calories and more activity to your day, you and your doctor to decide what's right for you, Good luck and good health.
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    so you eat once a day? well of course you'll lose weight. any idiot with a brain can figure that out.

wanna know what else will happen? you'll be unhealthy, you'll lose your muscle mass, you won't be able to run up the stairs without being out of breath and you'll gain it back as soon as you quit.

try the old fashioned way. eat healthy, move more.

I eat once a day within a four hour period. I eat on average 1200-1500 per day with 2000 calories being normal on weekends. I haven't lost any muscle and have been losing body fat and feel more energized. Meal frequency is irrelevant here. I think we get scared of feeling hungry and thats why we are often all go hung on eating more!

http://www.fightaging.org/archives/2001/11/calorie-restriction-explained.php

http://www.crsociety.org/

http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on-Living-Longer-with-a-Calorie-Restriction-Diet/1

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2009/07/15/f-calorie-restriction-lifespan-extension.html
This discussion has been closed.