zucchini recipies please

Options

Replies

• sassybellex
    Options
    i grate it and put in my savoury muffins with either a egg or cottage cheese base.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    These sound great. I made Zucchini and Walnut Bread from Allrecipes.com yesterday, it went down well with the family
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • GarouLama
    GarouLama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love fresh zucchini raw with a bit of ranch dip. But what i love even more, is to grill them on the BBQ with just a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper (I do the same with eggplant with I adore!). There are also great soups you can do, such as curry zucchini soup, dill zucchini soup or butternut squash soup with apples and ginger. There is zucchini bread or muffins, which are so moist and tasty. I also like to sauté diced squash with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil in a bit of oil, salt & pepper, adding the cherries towards the end so they don't become complete mush. There are many soup recipes online, but if you'd like the specific ones mentioned above, just let me know.
  • sydney_pp
    sydney_pp Posts: 2
    Options
    THIS IS MY FAVORITE SUMMER FOOD EVER okay...

1) cut the zuccini and squash into circlular pieces that look like thick chips.

2) spray grill pan in olive oil.

3) mix together olive oil (amount depending on how many veggies), garlic, a little salt, pepper, and a small amount of italian herbs.

4) place about 12-16 zuccini and squash slices on the grill and coat the top with a brush. Each dip into the bowl should cover about 3 veggies.

5) flip over each piece with tongs.

6) At desired darkness (i like mine really dark brown), take them off and move them to the plate. begin cooking your next set of veggies in the same way.

7) keep cooking until your done, lightly top with salt (if desired), and enjoy! :)
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BUMP I love tater tots, gotta try that one!
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this. I am actually making some recipes with Zucchini Tonight..

"Raw" Beanless Zucchini Hummus
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Raw-Beanless-Zucchini-Hummus.aspx

INGREDIENTS:
    3 raw zucchinis, peeled and chopped
    6 tbsp lemon juice
    4 cloves garlic
    2 tsp paprika
    2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp turmeric
    2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
    1/2 cup raw tahini
    1 cup sesame or sunflower seeds, soaked
    Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzle
    Fresh parsley, minced for garnish
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    Place all ingredients, except oil and parsley, into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth or to desired consistency. Drizzle with oil and garnish with parsley. Complement it with crudités, raw flax crackers or whole-grain pita bread. You can also spread it on sandwiches or mix it with salads.
    Nutrients per 3-oz serving: Calories: 140, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 330 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg

Zucchini Bake
    Serves 2. Nutrition for 1 serving:
    Calories: 97; Carbs: 16; Fat: 3; Protein: 7; Cholesterol: 8; Sodium: 380.

Ingredients:
    3 zucchini’s, sliced and quartered
    1/4 bell peppers
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    1 TBSP dried chives
    ½ TBSP Mrs. Dash extra spicy
    ¼ cup diced artichokes
    1 wedge laughing cow swiss cheese
    1 wedge laughing cow queso fresco
    Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 375
    Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well
    Pour into Pyrex dish
    Bake 25 mins covered then broil 5 mins to your brownness liking.

* I top with marinara. I will also add an extra laughing cow cheese. (calories do not include the added marinara/cheese).
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I posted a recipe last week for zucchinni pasta and it's only 24 calories :) check it out!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of noodles in lasagna. :)
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Large - Egg, 2 egg
    Daily Chef (Sam's Club) - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 2/3 cup
    Foodtown - Fat Free Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 cup
    Redner's Warehouse Markets - Parmesan Romano Cheese, 6 tsp
    Z 21's - Zucchini, 375 grams
    Redner's -2 % cheddar Shredded Cheese, 1/2 cup
    Bacon- - Hormel Fully Cooked - Sams (72 Slices/Pkg), 12 slices.
    Olive Oil - Extra Virgin, 1 tbsp
    garlic,onion and basil
    I just fried up the zucchini shreds,garlic and onion in the oil & and warmed the bacon,mixed the rest in a bowl and then poured over the veggies. Cook up like omlet or scrambled egg. Good with tomatoes too but I was out.
  • knama5
    knama5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • knama5
    Options
    Bump
  • knama5
    Options
    Bump
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    there has got to be a million things to do with zucchini...i know i hated it as a kid because my mom put it in EVERYTHING.

now, i love it. i just stir-fry it in a pan with a little olive oil and fresh garlic, and sometimes some crushed red pepper. beats anything i have ever had.
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today I made a layered vegetarian casserole thing!
    2 sliced zucchini layers, 1 sliced carrot layer, and 1 eggplant layer, 2-3 pasta sauce layers, and then 2 layers with pureed mixture of black beans, cottage cheese, oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
  • chayoxela
    chayoxela Posts: 23
    Options
    - make frittata with it (dice and saute with onion and any other vegetables you want to add, bet a few eggs, pout the eggs over the veggies, and slide into the oven at 350 until the eggs on top are set)

- dice it up with other veggies and add to red sauce for pasta

- grill it

- make ratatouille (if you've also got eggplant, peppers, and tomato)

- i've had a great zucchini bread before but I don't think it was low-cal
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I cut up my zucchini and/or yellow squash, add some diced onions and mushrooms. I add chicken broth and simmer until all veges are cooked to my liking. No real measurements, just what you want. Love it!!! Sometimes I'll add spaghetti sauce to it as well and a little bit of cheese for a meal. OH yummm!!!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Herb Casserole - I made this today.
    DSCN0893.jpg?t=1342483148
    Started with this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-herb-casserole/detail.aspx
    But modified it to this: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2175106