Need Snack Ideas For an Ice Cream Addict!!

Options
I eat Ice cream every day! I had to switch to the bars of Skinny Cow because who was I kidding when I measured my ice cream? My half a cup heaped over and I never counted the extra calories! I need Ice cream and sweets in general, I have cut way down on carbs because they were the reason I wasn't losing weight, and since I have cut back on my carbs I have lost, and lost well.

So! I need help! I need snack Ideas! I save 300 calories a day for snacks, and try to get that to work into several snacks. Can someone please shoot some ideas my way? Please feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get!

Replies

• HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt :)
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    ...Protein shake?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow cookies and cream sandwich, 150 cals per, you could have 2 a day.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek frozen yogurt. There are a few brands and the ones I've had have been really good.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yasso frozen greek yogurt bars! 70cals!!!! and they taste good, too :)
  • lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Options
    you can put yoplait whips yogurt in the freezer, and they're delicious!

also, i like to eat frozen fruit, especially frozen blueberries. I usually get Wyman's "Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries"
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Measure your ice cream on a scale! And then add a whole cup of freshly sliced strawberries or fruit to it. And a whole banana if you want, they're good carbs. Drizzle with fat free chocolate syrup. Fat free whipped cream, 5 cals a tablespoon.
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    Healthy Choice Greek Frozen Yogurt. Comes in little 100 calorie bowls and is flipping out of this world yummy. :heart: I keep it stocked in my fridge and hubby grabs some for snacks too. He loves it and has stopped bringing home "normal" ice cream.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I am sorry some one mentioned Ice cream that is the only reason i am here. I want my ashes kept in a Ben and Jerry's Container of Carmel Sutra
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Put a frozen banana in the blender with a little milk until it's ice cream consistency. Sometimes I add a little cocoa powder. Yum!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Fudgicles ...some are 40 calories for one stick
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my Dreyers slow churned ice cream! There was a post today 50 snacks for under 50.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the recipes that involve frozen bananas? I just tried it for the first time this afternoon and it really does taste like ice cream, and it's just banana.
  • HeadBangingBabe
    HeadBangingBabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the Skinny Cow products. I've liked every one I tried! Also, do you own a kitchen scale? I've given up on measuring most foods with measuring cups. Using my scale (purchused at Bed Bath & Beyond for $20), I've learned SO MUCH about portion sizes. Weigh your ice cream. :) Also, Ben & Jerry's has low fat frozen yogurt in a lot of the awesome original flavors. Try them!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I blended up a huge bowl of frozen goodness for lunch today that was just over 220 calories.

Two cups frozen peaches
    1/3 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
    1-2/3 cups Blue Diamond almond/coconut milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 to 1-1/2 cups ice
  • demonkarebear04
    demonkarebear04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will be hunting all over the North Country for this Ben and Jerry's deliciousness you speak of! :-) Thank you!!!! :-D As for the Skinny Cow, I love the Strawberry Shortcake sandwiches but our local grocery store doesn't carry much else, it's sad :-( All of the recipes everyone has mentioned sound delicious!! I will be trying them for the rest of the week, you are all amazing!
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    Almond breeze makes ice cream, I've only tried vanilla which isn't spectacular but the other flavours might be tastier. I got mine at whole foods. I believe it runs 130 cal, 8gr of sugar per 1/2 cup. I eat mine with fresh bloobs and rasz.
    I haven't done this in a while but I use to take graham crackers with whip cream and freeze them to make lil 'ice cream' sammies. You could probably get away with a teaspoon of nutella in there, if you can keep it in your house. I know I can't :S
    Protein shake is a wonderful idea, I stole this recipe from whole foods, it's milk (or milk sub), almond butter, cocoa powder, frozen nanas and dates. It's heavenly.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    ciao bella sorbet blood orange bars. 60 calories a piece. yummy.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me the idea of freezing the Jell-O sugar free pudding cups....told it come out a lot like ice cream. I have the puddings but never froze them. I am going to try it.
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG! A girl after my own heart! My total weakness is ice cream! I'd rather give up calories somewhere else so I can eat ice cream! Unfortunately, since trying to loose wieght I have been know to settle for a bowl of Kellogs whole grain with strawberries. I just imagine that Im eating a pint of cookies and cream. " I think.....therefore...it is" ;) But sometimes I will eat a Blue Bell fudge bar (110 calories per bar) and give up a soda in it's place....I've even thought about changing from ice cream to chocolate protein shakes....I'm going to try it!