Need Snack Ideas For an Ice Cream Addict!!

Options

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Ice Cream
    Tastes okay, and it's super low on cals

http://www.myarcticzero.com/
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Put a frozen banana in the blender with a little milk until it's ice cream consistency. Sometimes I add a little cocoa powder. Yum!

This is an incredible option! Even before I was on MFP I would do this with a tbsp of peanut butter and it rocks!! I find that it works best when you peel and chop up the banana before hand (when it is still yellow) and put it in the freezer n wax paper. Then, once all he pieces are frozen, toss em in a container to keep in the freezer. It still has a lot of sugar, but it is a much healthier option :)
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love the weight-watchers new frozen yogurt fruit bars, Its strayberry smoothie and one bar is 60calories!!! They are delicious, and are sold at the grocery store in the icecream isle... This is what I have if I am really craving the sweet treat, plus you can easily have 2 bars and only eat 120calories!!!!!!!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    plain nonfat greek yogurt with a little sweetner of your choice (mine is splenda) and real vanilla (I like alcohol free) mixed with Dole frozen unsweetened bite size strawberries. Really, really good. Also good with a small fresh peach cut up in it and a some frozen strawberries. Much better than ice cream! Plenty of protein, healthy lower carb fruit. Not much sugar which I don't feel good when I eat.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    also, when I'm desparate (cause I don't like to drink soda) I will have a sugar free root beer or sugar free orange soda and put it over ice with some milk in it. It kinda tastes like a root beer or orange creamsickle float.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Put a frozen banana in the blender with a little milk until it's ice cream consistency. Sometimes I add a little cocoa powder. Yum!

This. Add a little protein powder, and it's actually healthy - but it tastes like ice cream.

For a real treat - measure exactly 1/4 cup of Breyers sugar-free 1/2 the fat ice cream and blend it in with the banana and protein powder. You only add 50 calories and it is SOOOO yummy.

Of course, top with fresh fruit.

:smile:

Edited to correct spelling/typos
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Freeze bananas and then blend them till they are creamed in a blender. Add melted DARK chocolate or peanut butter or carmel or whatever you want :)
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    love skinny cow, but it sounds like you already found those. Blue Bunny white choc. raspberry are good. And I absolutely adore the Yasso (greek frozen yogurt) RASPBERRY bar!!! YUM!!!

Also, sometimes, when my family wants to go out, I convince them to go to frozen yogurt places instead and yum!!!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I too love the frozen bananas then blended option. I love ice cream but can't eat it (lactose issues). I make the frozen blended banana all the time. You can add whatever you want. I've added just cinnamon(yum). I've added a strawberry and a tsp of cocoa powder. you can add peanut butter, whatever you want. I don't add milk or any liquid to mine at all. I just keep blending and it will get creamy and smooth. Super yummy. It is now the favorite snack of my 5 children and my husband.
    Also there is a recipe from the biggest loser cookbook for choclate peanut butter grahamwiches. Take one whole chocolate graham cracker and break(to make a sandwich), put a tsp of reduced fat PB(i didn't have reduced fat but it only made a cpl calorie difference) on it and 2T lite cool whip(leave the cool whip fluffy...don't press down) an then put in freezer for at least 2 hours or up to a month. They taste like ice cream sandwiches. My husband thought that's what it was until I told him otherwise. Very yummy and I believe the cals are like 115ish.
  • sarahirishrose
    Options
    I used to be exactly the same way..I only buy sugar free fudgescicles now, nothing else, because if it comes in the house I will eat it. They're only 40 cal each. If I really want a treat I go out to buy ice cream or yogurt mountain, and I don't go nuts. Good Luck!
  • wilky68
    wilky68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys cherry garcia frozen yoghurt every time-I defy anyone to tast this and not think it's ice cream particularly those little chunks of dark chocolate! Only 160 cals per 100g - hallelujah!
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mix whatever lite or fat free flavored yogurt you like and a little cool whip together and then freeze it. I also like to put it into mini pie crusts for healthier versions of "key lime pie" , "banana cream pie", etc.
  • Marsheilawoods87
    Options
    I love to make smoothies:-) I am always trying new fruits and different ingredients to find other flavors. And I love ice cream too, but the smoothies actually remind me of ice cream because they r cold and sweet! Hope this helps!
  • msalmaj
    msalmaj Posts: 21
    Options
    Make your own home made ice cream with frozen bananas and you add a little of chocolate silk soy milk to help with the consistency and presto, chocolate ice cream. If you don't like chocolate, you can substitute low fat milk and throw in frozen strawberries instead.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=60887

This is a link to what I like to do. I take low fat grahm crackers and fat free cool whip and make them into icecream sammiches! The texture is pretty similar and my kids love em too! :D
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • perthpog
    perthpog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The nestle diet choc mouse in the freezer is like chocolate icecream...Only 69 cals per tub!! also like just a small amount of low fat milk blitz in a blender with frozen berries...can add some greek yogurt and honey too if you like... scoops like icecream and is delish! a good substitue if you are on the run... streets chocolate paddle pop is only 107 cals per pop!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    blue bunny has a caramel/vanilla choc dipped bar that is only 70cal and delish
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    2 words. cool whip.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like sherbet, not as bad on calories, also smart ones has individual serving size ice cream sundaes, I like the cookie dough ice cream sundae about 140 calories. You could also do delmonte fruit chillers, 50 calories a tube, very good. I love sweets and junk as well, I just eat them in moderation.