Anyone seriously considering plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• millieb73
    millieb73 Posts: 12
    Options
    I would definitely consider getting breast surgery, and probably microdermabrasion for stretchmarks. After getting pregnant young, my boobs ballooning - and I mean ballooning, a nice perky 34d (UK) to a massive 38G - and then shrinking down again, they are awful. Despite being a 34d again they aren't as perky, and they certainly aren't as filling of the bras as they once were. So once my weight loss is finished, I'll re-evaluat the size I want to be, just as long as they fill out nicely (nothing over the top) and they are perkier I'd be happy.

Microdermabrasion (although a non-surgical cosmetic procedure) is something I'd definitely get. My doctor has never sene stretchmarks as bad as mine, and almost 2 years on they look worse than some people who have just had babies. It's the only way they'll ever have the chance of fading and I don't want to be depressed over them forever.

Have you tried using a dermaroller? Evidence for its effectiveness is pretty much anecdotal, but it could prove to be a good treatment for stretchmarks. You can have it done professionally (I would but the only derms doing it here are using it on the face for anti-ageing benefits) but can also diy if you're so inclined. I'm going to start doing it when I can be bothered getting the roller out of its packaging.

As for the original question... gosh yes. I'm going to get so much done I'll look like the after picture of an autopsy. My goal is to lose and maintain the loss for a year to prove to myself that I'm capable of eating like a normal person and to give my body a chance to settle itself. I've no hopes of snapping back to a trim body given how much I've lost and gained and how saggy my skin has looked after dieting in the past, but I'm hopeful that a good diet and weight-bearing exercise will restore a little elasticity. I've also got (relative) youth on my side. After that the scalpel will be sorting things out. Also tempted to have my nose job revised. Maybe that will be an incentive present? My nose is ok, but it ended up looking a little too cute, ifykwim and I feel a little ridiculous sometimes.
  • millieb73
    millieb73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean to post!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! A breast lift and re-shape when I get to goal......it's all very good saying get a good bra but the illusion is somewhat shattered when the bra comes off and the boobalinas hit the floor :noway:

I can cope with all the other 'bits I don't like' but they are just too much and shatter confidence..!
  • tanytan
    tanytan Posts: 4
    Options
    for sure a breast aug, im still breastfeeding my 3 year old and he left 1 to dry so I really need it! im hoping to stop breastfeding him by next year and go get quotes. Then i would want a tummy tuck, my pooch comes and goes and I want it gone! but maybe till i have 1 more child.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I'm going to have a boob job as mine are a bit of mess. Plus I have never been thin and I think it would be nice to be able to enjoy my body. I do realise it is incredibly vain but I want to be happy. I'm hoping all my fat bits will disappear when I've lost the weight and do intend to toning exercise however if it doesn't work I will have some kind of surgery. I do not take surgery lightly and do know it is a major risk but for me it will be worth it.

Already saving up but make take a while. Only got £700 so far :(
  • Strong_Fit_Able
    Options
    Went to a consultation last week. If I had the money I'd be booking my appointment.
    One of the worries I have is that having bigger boobs will get in the way of my running and exercise.
    Good luck with making your decision.

I have breast implants, for me I was always small and I hated it. I'm glad I got them done because if i hadn't I wouldn't have anything there at all, due to my weight loss. I am a runner, and they don't get in the way... real or fake, invest in a good sports bra and you'll be fine. Mine actually don't move at all when I run :laugh:
  • Catherinebee85
    Catherinebee85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so upset about the state of my body after losing 7st that I would definitely consider it in a few years. I say in a few years because I'm not finished losing weight yet. I am switching from lots of cardio to more toning stuff to see what I can do just with exercise. I also feel I need to have children first as it would be silly to get my body sorted then stretch it all out again. I'm normally against plastic surgery but when it affects confidence so much its hard not to be tempted. I feel like I've worked so hard to lose weight, I've done it sensibly and with exercise. I feel really cheated and upset that my skin hasn't kept up.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I had breast augmentation. It's no joke. Its expensive and hurts, A LOT! It affects women differently. Some can get up and are fine afterwards, others not so much. I would say I was out for about a month unable to do ANYTHING. One of my sister just had hers redone. The three of us sisters all have augmentations. (Remember they don't last forever! They have a shelf life of about 7-10 years.) And she was out a month too. She had to hire a babysitter for the entire month. She couldn't do anything. Think it through. I do like my size now, however, you really do have to consider the "up keep" and the time you will need to recover properly! You don't want them ending up too high, or too low, you don't want to pull a muscle and have a jacked up ta-ta, so take care of yourself! Good luck to those of you who decide to do it. Make sure it is what you want, and years later you will be happy.:smile:
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    I think i would if i could afford it,would also have to think about the risks though,but yep i would.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    iam gonna save and get a groin lift the doctors say for 6000 i can have the man sack of a 20 year old....we all can dream we all can dream

Bwahahahahaha!!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    its awful getting old i was only fooling myself using bottle after bottle of just for men hair dye not to metion getting desprate and FYI the hair down there is impossible to do a comb over who woulda thought male pattern baldness just doesnt happens on your head i tried no underwear and everything
    iam gonna save and get a groin lift the doctors say for 6000 i can have the man sack of a 20 year old....we all can dream we all can dream

Bwahahahahaha!!
  • thebassomatic76
    Options
    . I would definitely NOT get a tummy tuck until AFTER I get my tubes tied. If Im gonna spend that kind of money on my body I am going to make damn sure I wont get pregnant agian.

Trust me, getting your tubes tied won't guarantee that--the only thing that will guarantee that is a hysterectomy. I thought I was done too--in fact, I had the Essure at the time I had my tummy tuck. You know, the brand new sterilization, the coils in the tube, the one that's supposed to be irreversible? Guess what? It's not. I had mine reversed, and I have a baby now to prove it. Life changes. I was DAMN SURE I wasn't ever getting pregnant again either. Then I did.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction and a "lift" about 5 weeks:happy: ago....was the BEST THING I ever did for myself! I can now "run", do aerobics and bike ride without pain....and they are like they were in "Pre-childbirth" days:).....my husband is VERY happy as well! LOL
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have been considering it. I am about 25 pounds from my goal weight. I will have lost more than half of what I weighed in June 2011. I am not happy with my inner thighs, deflated breasts, lower stomach, and underarms. I've been talking to friends who have had some plastic surgery done. After a consultation, I will probably try to schedule for summer 2013 because I teach and could fully recoup without having to take time off work.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had a breast lift with implants and liposuction around my belly/hips. I was so excited with the results and was so afraid of not being able to maintain them that I started this diet and tracking on MFP and here I am, 13 lbs lighter and I am pretty much back to where I was before babies.

I had small implants, so most people cannot even tell the difference, they look really natural, my goal was to just get them back to the way there were.
    I do have excess skin around the belly, but its not too bad and I was too scared about a tummy tuck.

Check out www.realself.com, for tons of info, pics, pricing, etc

Best decision I have ever made! major confidence boost!!!!!
  • tlnurse
    Options
    Went to a consultation last week. If I had the money I'd be booking my appointment.
    One of the worries I have is that having bigger boobs will get in the way of my running and exercise.

My insurance paid for my reduction and lift:) Good luck to you.
  • tlnurse
    Options
    Im strongly considering a boob job myself because I'm a small 34B (as in I pop out of A's but sometimes I'm a little small for the B's I buy). But my mother keeps telling "I didn't get boobs until I...turned 18, turned 21. had a baby...etc.." Well I'm about to turn 25 and I still have no chest. So I have decided to wait until after I have kids and see what happens. My boobs might decided to get the show on the road then and if so then I won't worry about a boob job. If not then I'm looking for a surgeon.

Until then I have told myself if I can get into the 150's by my birthday which is the 29th then i am headed to victoria's secret for a bombshell bra!!!

I was a"B" before I had kids....then went to a double D to an E afterwards!.....Just paid to have a "reduction and lift" done. ..am now a nice perky "c"..... Definitely wouldn't do anthing until after you are done having kids:)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids. I've been planning plastic surgery since my oldest (who is now 17) ... lol
    I will be FINALLY having it early April of next year.. and I can't wait.
    I am here... now, to get the BEST body I can possibly have before getting it done.
    What's the point in a tummy tuck if you are still fat after... that is my mind set... I am going to get healthy now, and if anything, maybe I'll save money on the things I want done because I wont need them anymore :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options

My insurance paid for my reduction and lift:) Good luck to you.

How? if I can get mine covered that would be fantastic :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I plan to definitely. A tummy tuck, a breast lift, and removing excess skin from my arms and thighs. I'd love to be able to wear sleeveless tops again.