How "bad" is bread for reals?

Options
124»

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to avoid white bread. I try really hard to have 100% whole wheat bread. If I'm somewhere in the middle, I perfer to have as little enriched flour in my bread as possible because they enrich the flour after they tear all the nutritional goodness out of the grains to make easily workable/cooked flours and have to put the nutrients back so people don't get rickets.

Right now I'm making sandwiches for lunch, when I don't have leftovers or something we cooked for the week with rather thin bread. I've started adding romaine leaves as a moisture barrier between the filling and the bread.

Bread is yummy, I dont eat a loaf at a time and the malliard reaction is one of gods greatest gifts to mankind so toast that stuff up.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Instead of breaking bread, can we say we're breaking bad?

Sigh. I am totally addicted to that show. Lol
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Its not bad and I'm not trying to avoid carbs, but I've reduced bread intake a lot. Its calorie dense and the amount I would eat to get filled is not worth the calorie deficit. I've cut bagels from around 4 a week to zero
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I dont eat bread now, but when I did, this was a healthy favourite of mine to make, its my friends sisters recipe and absolutely delicious :). Its also lower in gluten as spelt flour is used :)

http://afteralltheworldisabeautifulplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/daily-bread-x.html