What's for lunch?

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Leftovers...grilled pork chop w/ red potatoes, green beans and carrots in olive oil. The best was dessert though...1/4c. mango, 1/4c. blueberries, 1/4 c. raspberries topped with 1/4 c. Greek Gods Greek yogurt...yummy.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Fried Rice (homemade with low sodium soy sauce and non stick pan so that the sesame oil is for flavor only) and 2 small apples.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    large salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a goat cheese dressing. Topped with steamed asparagus and roasted pork. Also had 2 perogies.... all about 410kcal.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    large salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a goat cheese dressing. Topped with steamed asparagus and roasted pork. Also had 2 perogies.... all about 410kcal.
    Ohhhhh...perogies. A favorite of mine. My husband is Polish and makes them all the time. :)
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a salad as well, with red onions, yellow cherry tomatoes from Trader Joes and Kalamata Olives. I had a small piece of steak with it as well. Really enjoyed it. I think it's funny that I used to hate eating "cold food" for lunch, including salads. Now I love them :) I'd actually be OK eating a yummy flavorful salad every day of the week!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach leaf salad with mushrooms, tomato, chicken, cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, and a tiny bit of croutons and bacon bits with light ranch dressing.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Thai Green Papaya Salad
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Details in my log if you want them, but in short, grilles chicken on salad w/lettuce (duh, its a salad), onion, green pepper, avacado, and homemade balsamic vinegrette. A high-protein lunch following strength training this AM.

I have to laugh at the "(duh, it's a salad)" because I always like spinach leaves. I quit eating lettuce.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mesquite turkey breast on whole wheat with low fat swiss, and a peach!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Really boring and simple but that is all my b/f had in his fridge that wasn't full of bad stuff.
    One apple and 2TBSP of peanut butter.
    BOOO!!! Horrible lunch.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    turkey, grilled asparagus, tomato and brie on whole wheat bread, with cherries, apple slices, a banana, some pecans and a greek yogurt with honey. And mango green tea

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I had a salad with romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, baby carrots, oven roasted turkey breast and roasted red pepper with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. Oh and added a stick of mozarella cheese. It was yum.
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mexi Salad: 2 cups of green leaf lettuce, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, and 2 tbsp salsa
    1 plum
    3/4 c fresh blueberries
    1 square of Divine milk chocolate
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    turkey, grilled asparagus, tomato and brie on whole wheat bread, with cherries, apple slices, a banana, some pecans and a greek yogurt with honey. And mango green tea

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

holy....yum. I want your lunch. Gonna have to make that for myself sometime.

ETA: My lunch was turkey breast, pepper jack and a little mayo on a multi-grain sandwich thin, and a serving of Cheez-Its Snack mix. Nothing to be jealous of :laugh:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Pesto, tomato and goat cheese pizza (Whole Foods' 365 line), handful of raw almonds, Trader Joe's strawberry Greek yogurt and a nectarine. Oh, and 56 oz of water. It's hot out there today! 778 calories of yum and filling.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Homemade gazpacho, low fat swiss cheese and roasted turkey rolls. Total: 251 calories, 33 g of protein! I snack all day long, so every meal is usually pretty small.
    It is weird I had to Google gazpacho? Never heard of it before, but after seeing what it is, it looks DELICIOUS!

I only discovered it a couple years ago, but I'm absolutely obsessed. It's SO GOOD, super refreshing when it's hot out, and a great way to get veggies in. The version I make, I basically just throw some V8 juice, canned tomatoes, fresh cucumber, green pepper, garlic and lemon juice into a blender just until it's chunky, and eat it all week long.

it's phenomenal with some chopped up shrimp in it as well........the size of shrimp used for a cocktail, cut in half. NOM
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    12 ounces of pork tenderloin cooked in the crockpot with minced garlic and bbq sauce.

Approximately 400 Calories, 10 Carbs, 8 Fats and 72 Proteins
  • wootsbr18
    wootsbr18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had oven toasted wheat bread with ham, salami, veggies, and mustard. As a side I had homemade salsa with natural tortilla chips with some berry cherry tea!(:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ultra thin Home Run Inn cheese pizza under 300 calories of delicious goodness!