Favorite Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Chobani non-fat plain + a pinch of granola + honey + strawberry preserves = heaven!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    LOVE Fage. Just called the company today and told them that.
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt. Addicted to the stuff. :bigsmile:
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could survive with out greek yogurt! Well I could, but I wouldn't want to. I like chobani, pineapple is my favorite, I also like the mango, passion fruit, and pomegranate :)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Vanilla then I add my own fresh fruit - any kind of berry and/or pineapple, nectarines are yummy too.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Chobani. However, if there's a Hannaford's in your area, try their Taste of Inspirations Greek yogurt- I buy the single serving sups and they're typically about 75 cents cheaper each. Makes a big difference when you buy 10 at a time!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fage Total (whole fat). I don't buy fat-free or reduced fat dairy products.

I also get plain since I prefer to put my own fruit. The fruit-filled ones have too much sugar and not enough protein. One of my rules - protein has to be at least 2:1 over sugar.

My favorite is Fage Total as well, the plain variety. Trouble is, it's getting harder to find the full-fat version and I've had to settle for the 2%. Wahhh!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt as well. I adore the Trader Joe's pomegranate. Yummmmmmmmmmm.
  • turbophoenix
    turbophoenix Posts: 152
    Options
    Chobani was my favorite but then I tried Fage and fell in love with it. I was surprised at how good the Oikos was too - I buy whichever of the three is on sale usually.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Fage is really good.

When I was in FL, Publix had one that they must have actually ADDED fat to - it was 10% fat. STAGGERINGLY unbelievable.

But for my day-to-day Greek yogurt needs, I have to think budgetarily: Trader Joe's 0%, comes in a 32-oz tub for three or four bucks. I mix it with a little agave or maple syrup and it's taaaaaasty stuff!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Traditional Plain yogurt, full fat. I add a bit of honey and some fresh fruit. I just switched to a non-fat brand today, just happy I'm getting more protein out of it than I was getting with a full-fat because I don't care for the taste or texture.
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    Lived in Greece for 2 years and ate loads of Fage - love it with Thyme scented honey and chopped nuts.
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Key Lime yogurt is an occasional treat for me! I bet if you ate it with a graham cracker it would be like key lime pie! :)
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I <3 Cabot greek yogurt... just plain and original. Perfect for adding yummy ingredients
  • littlecesar
    Options
    I used to love Chobani until I tasted Fage.....Wow it has the consistency of sour cream...yum. My favorite is the cherry Fage. I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I use all the cherry and use my finger to get every last bit of it out of the container!!! I know, gross, but ummmm good. Really, I don't eat anything else like that .....ever!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani black cherry !
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Fage Total as well, the plain variety. Trouble is, it's getting harder to find the full-fat version and I've had to settle for the 2%. Wahhh!
    Yes, unfortunately that's the case since so many people buy the 0% and 2%. The only places that sell whole fat plain is Whole Foods and smaller stores like Natural Grocer. Also, Fage is the only brand I know that makes a whole fat variety. I just hope they keep making it since there is a good part of the population not on a low-fat diet (I follow the Primal blueprint and get around 40% calories from fat).
  • LLRider
    LLRider Posts: 65
    Options
    Greek God (plain, full fat) + a few drops of stevia + some fresh berries :)
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    Lived in Greece for 2 years and ate loads of Fage - love it with Thyme scented honey and chopped nuts.

That sounds delicious!! :tongue:
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately that's the case since so many people buy the 0% and 2%. The only places that sell whole fat plain is Whole Foods and smaller stores like Natural Grocer. Also, Fage is the only brand I know that makes a whole fat variety. I just hope they keep making it since there is a good part of the population not on a low-fat diet (I follow the Primal blueprint and get around 40% calories from fat).

That's most definitely the reason. I use to be able to find the Total at 2 local grocery chains: Wegmans and Harris Teeter. They've both expanded their Greek yogurt offerings, but damn, no more full-fat! I don't get out to Whole Foods very often, but I'll have to make a special trip and see if they still carry it. Thanks for the tip!