Favorite Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Trader Joe's Nonfat Mango is the most amazing flavor I've yet to taste. Actually all of there greek yogurt is wonderful. And I like Fage plain 0% fat then I add fruit, cinnamon, almonds/walnuts and a drizzle of honey. amazing.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% plain Greek yogurt! I usually eat it with fruit and bit of honey. Yum!
  • Dalacombe
    Dalacombe Posts: 30
    Options
    I am addicted to Chobani pineapple w/ a bit of fresh pineapple mixed in. I'll admit I have also been eating the Chobani Champions very berry and vanilla with chocolate chunk. I bought those for my son, but he refused to try them :(
  • Abays10
    Abays10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My first favorite was fage.. I swear there Honey is made from gods bees, but I tried greek gods and I really like it!
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I used to love Chobani until I tasted Fage.....Wow it has the consistency of sour cream...yum. My favorite is the cherry Fage. I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I use all the cherry and use my finger to get every last bit of it out of the container!!! I know, gross, but ummmm good. Really, I don't eat anything else like that .....ever!
    I love Fage! I also think it tastes like sour cream. I mix it with berries, bananas, plain with honey, cucumbers and lemon juice. Someday soon I will put it on a potato with chives.
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    Liberete coconut. 230 cals a serving tho (3/4 cup) I mix 1/4 cup with 1/4 cup plain fat free.. Staple
  • oldsalty1
    oldsalty1 Posts: 70
    Options
    Being cheap.. I buy what is on sale...My favorite is Fave... Always plain...fat free...will give the full fat at try...may help to curb my hunger a little...
    My favorite it a couple tablespoons yogurt with fresh chunky salsa...tastes just like sour cream...love it..
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Being cheap.. I buy what is on sale...My favorite is Fave... Always plain...fat free...will give the full fat at try...may help to curb my hunger a little...
    The whole fat Fage is thicker and more fluffy than whipped cream, not liquidy/thin like the 0% or 2%. That's one of the reasons I prefer it over the more "popular" varieties.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Fage is my number one. I get the plain versions and add to them.

When I can't find Fage (it happens. :sad: ), I've liked Voskos. Chobani comes in distant 3rd.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything yet that I like better than Trader Joe's. And they offer full fat, 2% and non-fat varieties. The full fat in INCREDIBLE, so smooth and creamy, but I usually buy the 2% plain and add my own fruit and honey, or use it as a sub for sour cream. Good stuff.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt I do love choboni and when I lived by a Wegmans I loved their honey Greek yogurt. What is your thoughts on Greek yogurt? Is it worth eating it?

I go with the basic 0 % Fage - then add whatever mix- in you want. I prefer Dutch Apple Jam - 30 calories a ton of sugar but one tablespoon is good for about 3/4 cup of plain 0% greek yogurt
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's 0% Vanilla Bean used to be my favorite, but I just discovered Oikos. The 0% vanilla reminds me of cream cheese. I love it. I've tried other kinds and it must take some getting used to - I didn't like the Fage texture and the Chobani taste.
  • kbbradley
    kbbradley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% with Honey, it had no sucrose and the Yogurt is smooth. I like the flavor better than Oikos or Chobani.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fage Total (whole fat). I don't buy fat-free or reduced fat dairy products.

I also get plain since I prefer to put my own fruit. The fruit-filled ones have too much sugar and not enough protein. One of my rules - protein has to be at least 2:1 over sugar.

Ditto the Fage Total. 2% Fage is OK in a pinch (there is only one store that carries Fage Total in my area).
  • bren216
    bren216 Posts: 16
    Options
    I love it! Plus it has around 4x more protein than regular yogurt.. I really don't have a favorite brand I like certain flavors from them all. I would say, yes it is worth it to eat it. :happy:
    Wow, please check your facts before making a statement. It has TWICE the protein.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/09/30/greek-yogurt-vs-regular-yogurt-which-is-more-healthful
  • Bigskygem
    Bigskygem Posts: 1
    Options
    The only one I have tried is FAGE and I like it.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I like Dannon Oikos and Fage. I wouldn't touch Chobani with a 10 foot pole.
  • pfwright1
    pfwright1 Posts: 31
    Options
    I love Oikos' Key Lime!!! I do have to add a packet of Splenda to it but it tastes like Key lime pie with out the crust!!! YUM!!!!!!!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oikos!!!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I was having trouble getting enough protein. Everyone kept telling me about Greek yogurt. I tried the stuff and hate it. It is sour and tastes like sour cream. Is there a variety that doesnt taste so sour?