SAHM 9/28-10/10/4

Options
Hello :smile: We are a group of Stay at Home Moms that support and motivate each other. We have fun and along the way encourage each other in our goals or just listen about the daily struggles and joys in our lives.

Feel free to jump right in and Welcome :heart:

Replies

• lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've posted on this thread in the past, but sort of fell off the wagon. Well, now I'm back and am working on this at full force, since I'm doing a Biggest Loser competition with a few fellow SAHM's in my area. It's actually been really great motivation to stick to it this time, b/c we are all doing it together and in the end there's a pretty great cash prize!! I'm hoping I win! I'm just trying to be sensible about what I can lose by Dec. 7th though, b/c I plan to keep going and keep all this weight off.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a great week!!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shera! Congratulations on your weight loss and hope you continue to have success!

I had a crazy weekend and ate a lot of foods I shouldn't have. I am still sore from my workout last Thursday. :grumble: but I will be back in there tomorrow.

Going to try and run some today but kids are off of school for the Jewish Holiday (our entire county is off)
    so I get to run errands with them! Woo Hoo! lol
  • crltk
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this site and I am a SAHM looking to lose weight! I hope you guys can help motivate me because my motivation and got up and left! LOL I look forward to getting to know you!
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm up...STILL fighting the cold. I don't have a full blown cold yet, just sniffles and scratch throat. I've been going through Zicam like it's oxygen.

Got more info on the Nutcracker schedule and it looks like Bay and I are going to miss the family's trip to the beach this weekend. :sad: Darn it. I'll have to come up with something fun for us to do while they're gone (preferrably that doesn't involve food. :laugh: )

I was SO looking forward to having a beach to run on. :brokenheart:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Welcome Crltk, my motivation has gotten up and left, too. I'm not working out, but I am still losing weight. So I guess that's a plus.

Angiered, Sorry you;re gonna miss the beach this weekend. I'm sure it would have been great to run on the beach.

I have fantastic news! I weighed in this morning at 179.6!!!!! I finally left the 180's behind. Woohoo!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    I am struggling this a.m , I am making up stupid excuses for myself and I know I shouldn't but geez i just didn't have a great morning so far. Woke up late to bring my son to school, get home to sit with my cup of joe for a while before my workout video and what happens? I spill my entire coffee cup contents on my keyboard, kvm switch, computer chair, and my pants! OMG :sad:
    So now i don't want to do my video, but all my darn if I didn't grab a trash bag and put it on my chair so I can say hi to you all :drinker:
    Let me soak in my sorrow, maybe in an hour i'll jump up and let jillian kick my ars
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Aww, Shera what a way to start the day.

I'm stuck in Lock Haven today, because i wanted to come in for my daughters 2 year check up. I walked a bit in town. for 10 minutes then I went to the chiropractors to get my back adjusted. I was ALL out of wack. I get out of the chiropractors and it's POURING! So I waited for the rain to let up and when it did I started walking back to my mom's car, it was about a 5 minute walk but dang if it didn't start raining harder :grumble: :noway: and I got all damp and now i"m at the library in Lock Haven, shivering. Bah, on the work out today. I"m so unmotivated now. All I want to do is go home and get a hot bath.
  • shera426
    Options
    Okay so I got off my duff and I did my 30 day shred, PLUS I went on a 2 mile walk so now i'm feeling really good. The day is still shot in my book just because of all the chaos this morning then to add that the puppy decided to leave me a big steaming pile in my ds room. Gotta love puppies! Anyway, i'm trying really hard to stay positive :happy: Hope everyone else is havinga great day!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome Crltk I totally understand what you mean about motivation! My 4 boys keep me busy so it is really hard to motivate myself to exercise!

Shera---congrats on doing the 30 day shred, I have done the workout several times and it is pretty good. What kind of puppy do you have? We have a chesapeake retriever mix of some kind but she is sweet.

I still haven't gotten to run today but hoping when hubby gets home from work I can sneak out for 2 miles or so.....:smile:

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I got in a one mile walk today. yay!
  • shera426
    Options
    Great job on your 1 mile walk silver-dream, that's a step in the right direction!

She's a little pitbull puppy about 4 months old. She hasnt' had an accident in a while but of course today was my day! :laugh: I'll post a picture of her in my pics folder. She's the cutest thing so of course I couldn't be mad but BOY did it STINK! I"m so thankful the rest of my day went better, now off to make healthy dinner choices
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Silver: Yay! Good job! :flowerforyou:

Shera: Pictures!!!! PLeeeeeaase. I have puppy envy. :love:

Alright, so Im up this morning, but I'm not happy about it. haha. Didn't get to the gym yesterday and ended up sleeping on the couch for a couple of hours instead. lol Apparently I needed the rest because I'm not normally a napper.

I AM going to the gym today though. :tongue:
  • crltk
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with everyone to see how you were doing. I am dieting and started dancing! I downloaded a bunch of good music and I put it on the surrond sound and me and my 4 year old dance for atleast 30 minutes. Didn't realize how out of shape I was. I have also started p90x and boy is it tough!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We got back from the mountains late yesterday evening. The first day was rainy, but the rest of the time was beautiful. I gained weight while I was gone, but I think it might be partly due to water retention. As a result, I'm making sure I make the 8 cups of water a day. I'm already at 2 today.

I did do better this morning with my breakfast. I brought a plastic bowl & a couple of oatmeal packets. The water cooler also can dispense hot water. So I was able to eat my breakfast at my desk. Unfortunately, in getting my breakfast ready to go, I completely forgot to pack anything for lunch. I'll just have to wait until I get home. I need to get to the store to get some eggs to try the yummy ideas Angie & Stacey gave me!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    Options
    so apparently I have no idea what I am doing as far as posts go. call me computer retarded :tongue: :laugh:
    I don't know how to upload a picture...say to this post i'm writing right now. I did however place them in my profile section so i'm afraid Angiered you'll have to go there for puppy pictuers. Can anyone help me out? I'd like to eventually post progress pics ..
    Thanks ladies
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Angiered, good luck on making the gym tonight.

crltk, I know what you mean, I wanted to walk up and down my stairwell for 20 minutes. I made it to 5 minutes before my legs were almost to tired to continue. I ended up walking in my livingroom for 10 more minutes and then I quit. I just wasn't motivated enough, I guess. I'm hoping to talk myself into working out later on today. I dont know if I will I have to go with my mom at 5. And I have some last minute house work to do before the inspection tomorrow. So I will try and get my work out while cleaning. yay! I have to mop upstairs and downstairs.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with everyone to see how you were doing. I am dieting and started dancing! I downloaded a bunch of good music and I put it on the surrond sound and me and my 4 year old dance for atleast 30 minutes. Didn't realize how out of shape I was. I have also started p90x and boy is it tough!

welcome! my dh just finished a rund of p90x. i started doing parts of it over the last month or so. and now i'm strong/able enough to do core and i did legs/back last week. i'm going to try to incorporate more and more of it into my routine, but i'm not following it 100%.
    it really will transform your body if you do it. even if you can't do everything, just keep plugging away at it and you will see improvement.
    i plan on doing CORE later today.
    this is a great site and a wonderful thread--so chime in any time.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Unfortunately, in getting my breakfast ready to go, I completely forgot to pack anything for lunch.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so something i would do!! :laugh:

glad the mtns were kind to you. btw, go to the article i posted on last week's thread about glycogen, water wt, etc. good info there!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Megan and i am a stay at home mom of an almost 4 year old daughter and an almost 10 year old son ... I live in California .... and would love to join your group
  • staceyw37
    Options
    welcome new ladies!! this is a wonderful thread.

we all know the special challenges that come with being a mom and trying to get fit. remember--baby steps and always move forward. don't get down on yourself for slip ups--just figure out a new plan to try the next time and the next and the next. kwim?

angl--where are you lady??

i lasted thru the fast yesterday (tho i do drink h2o, and i ended it about 30min before the official time--but good enuf for me)
    and as i was reading to catch up a minute ago--i managed to eat, oh idk, 8 choc chip cookies!! but i'm done with them now--the rest are for the kids. FOR REAL. :tongue:

i had done a lot of baking for break the fast--kugel with gobs of sugar cornflakes and butter on top, choc chip cookies, mandelbread coated in sugar/cinnamon, challah challah challah.
    it was all so yummy. and we had friends come break fast with us. we have very very few friends here in las vegas, so that made it extra special for us to have company. (plus they brought delish chopped liver and chocolate chocolate brownies--so of course they can come back again :laugh: )

i met almost all my exercise goals last week--i just didn't do the arms p90x but i did everything else, incl the ab ripper x 3x. YAY stacey!

today's my big post. i don't think i'll be up here much this week. we leave Friday for our trip to chgo. dh 20th h.s. reunion is this sat night and mine is next sat the 10th. i still have so much to get organized for the trip and i want to get lots of exercise in. soooo i won't be on the computer much b/c i get sucked in.

GOOD LUCK to all of you this week! we are strong and capable and can reach any goal we set for ourselves! just keep moving forward!

and i'll be back to check on oct 12th or so. :smooched: --blowing kisses
    :flowerforyou: