"Attractiveness" Threads

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Thank you. My bf doesn't understand my self esteem issues or why I'm dieting at all. He loves every bump and curve on me but I don't like them. >.<

Also Confucius say, "He who stands on toilet is high on pot." :P

You have to have had those negative high school experiences to understand how it feels.
    Like I can't even watch tv without comparing myself to every single woman on there. Her face, her figure, her personality.
    Some stuff never goes away :indifferent:
    Awwh, your bf sounds like a total sweetie, :bigsmile:
    Tehe @ pot :laugh:

EDIt: Just clicked on your profile!
    Girl, your eyes!!! They're stunning! :flowerforyou:

Oh yes. Boys used to ask me out as a joke. When I would say no, they answer with, "I wasn't serious you fat *****." I had people sign my yearbook with, "you're a pain in the *kitten*, you know that?" That was middle school but still...thought she was my friend. >.<

I compare myself to every woman too. My bf loves the curves on Sofia Vergera and I'm like I'd have to change races and lose like 7 inches in my waist to have her proportions. D:

He is a sweetie. Our anniversary/my birthday is this weekend sooo we're happy. ^.^

They are? Thank you. They change from grey, steeley blue to green. Not sure why. XD
    @mbelt- you are beautiful. by reading your replies to posts you are beautiful on the inside too. keep up all your hard work.

Thank you. Sometimes I'm an idiot and misinterpret posts and go on rants that make no sense but I try! :laugh:
    @mbelt - atleast u have a bf! -virgin right here- >:c

It's okay. You'll find somebody. Don't settle for the first person who asks you out either, unless you have amazing luck and meet a gem of a guy right from the get-go. :)
  • Bookwriter63
    Options
    I don't think that there is a person alive who doesn't get a tiny secret thrill when they receive a compliment about weight loss and appearance. Our reactions may range from a self conscious, "Thank you to an internalized "Yeah, I'm looking good!." Even when we outwardly say "No, I still look (ie example fat, old, ugly)." There's smiles on the inside. It's the best ego boost possible. Compliments help secure a positive dieting mindset. Try and compliment others often, you'll secretly make their day. I don't care what anybody says. In my 63 years I learned that appearance is a very important part of life in America.:wink:
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thanks but idkkkk!!! Lollll
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I would not participate because I feel no need to have people tell me if im attractive or not,but I dont see why anyone else would have a problem with them
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    its difficult to "accept" compliments when you aren't used to receiving them.Sometimes we feel a certain way about ourselves ,and no matter what someone says,those feelings remain. :(

but everyone can use a good confidence boost.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I give britlocs a 9.13
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I give britlocs a 9.13
    free-sign-smileys-1008.gif
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Its not a rating thread... its a discussion!
  • jeff10278
    jeff10278 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am sure many off us on here have experienced negative incidents that have helped lower our self esteem and make us feel less valued as a human being because of our weight issues. I think it is nice, when you have people dealing with similar issues and working towards the same goals to compliment you and encourage you.
  • nothing1994
    Options
    I totaly agree jefff!!!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am sure many off us on here have experienced negative incidents that have helped lower our self esteem and make us feel less valued as a human being because of our weight issues. I think it is nice, when you have people dealing with similar issues and working towards the same goals to compliment you and encourage you.

Exactly. A confidence boost always helps, especially for those of us who dont often receive them in real life.
  • nothing1994
    Options

Exactly. A confidence boost always helps, especially for those of us who dont often receive them in real life.

Please dont tell me you dont get compliments ?
    You can be my eye candy !!
    Just tryin to help :love:
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Its not a rating thread... its a discussion!

9.54!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

hah, thanks. But no, not really. Not outside of my close social circle.
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    I love these posts....compliments from random strangers....
    @trojan....I agree with you....but jeez, why the hell don't anyone compliment you in real life, mr hottie!!!! shmokin'!!!!!!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people on this site don't realize that if they don't like what a topic has written in it, they don't have to read it. I know, that requires some pretty heavy duty brain power to comprehend, but maybe they'll catch on at some point.
    LMFAO OMG I legit just practically peed myself.

Also for the record I agree w/ OP

@Trojan I feel like people are intimated lol. But I'd probably def give you a 2nd glance on the street or at the gym and my boyfriend would be pissy lol even tho we both know he checks out other girls haha
  • nothing1994
    Options

hah, thanks. But no, not really. Not outside of my close social circle.

Crazy b*tches!!!!!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Before and after photos of one's success are very motivational. I really like to see other people achieve success.

IMO anything other than that; the thread usually turns bad when people start nit-picking and criticizing other's comments or opinions.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

I get them from my mom and my boyfriend and that's pretty much it. XD
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think those threads are wonderful. Who doesn't like to hear that they are attractive or that they have a feature that is really nice? It boosts the confidence. I also like paying other people compliments. That also makes me feel good about myself.