Best low calorie ice cream?

Options
I want ice cream in a bad way. Not ice cream bars or sandwiches, just actual ice cream. What is the best low calorie brand and flavor you have found?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My favorite before I was vegan was Edy's Slow Churned brand. I feel like most varieties were around 150 cal/serving. My favorite now is coconut milk ice cream and the calories are similar.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    turkey hill makes a fat free vanilla that is 70 cal a serving. its not very good though, but i learned to like it with a little pb2 swirled in
  • takechances
    Options
    Edys Slow Churned. Definitely.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    skinnycow icecream cups. I think there are 3 flavors ALL good!
  • ShadowChaser16
    Options
    Edy's Slow Churned light ice cream! Glad other people agree. I love the mint chocolate one!

Skinny Cow is great as well ;)
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Breyers makes a carb smart.....which is quite tasty.
  • jchizick
    jchizick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    use a tasty protein powder and make your own =)
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    If you have Safeway stores where you are, try the Safeway Select light ice creams (round containers, blue lids). They're super rich and delicious and like 160 calories per half cup or so.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow "caramel cone" flavor ice cream cup is my favorite. The portion control factor works well for me :-)
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow products.

Or frozen yogurt. I don't even like the taste of ice cream anymore, or the texture, and its much better for you AND you can have a lot more for the same or less amount of calories.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Turkey hill makes a light strawberry cheesecake that is to die for at 120 cal per 1/2 cup. I also usually buy the Edy's slow churned, I like cookie dough the best!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I can't think of the name but I got some at Alidi's belmount I think its called. not only is lower calorie but made with more natural ingredients
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I prefer Blue Bunny's no sugar added ice cream, I've tried most no sugar added and this tastes best by far.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Just a warning here...I bought some Great Value brand sugar free vanilla ice cream that was okay but whatever they used to sweeten it with actually turned my bowels to foam! Sorry for the TMI but it was bad! :blushing:
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Turkey Hill Frozen Vanilla Bean Yogurt is great and only 90 Cals serving. I was skeptical at first but even my 8 year old can't tell it's not real vanilla ice cream.
  • Buttercup225
    Buttercup225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbet. It's a little pricey but totally worth it.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Froyo. Yum.
  • dyn3428
    dyn3428 Posts: 14
    Options
    When I am craving real ice cream, I just get the real thing and then I am usually good for awhile. Other times, I use my Ninja blender and mix lowfat vanilla yogurt with frozen fruit and it comes out like frozen yogurt. No sweetener needed. It satisfies my ice cream craving because it is creamy and sweet.
  • Buttercup225
    Buttercup225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    use a tasty protein powder and make your own =)

I'm intrigued! How do you do this? I would love to try!
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    It isn't really ice cream but frozen yoghurt tastes better (in my opinion) and is healthier :)