I can't believe how rude/mean some people are!

Options
xstarburrst
xstarburrst Posts: 19 Member
I need to share this story because I'm so insulted.

I was just walking through Boston with my roommates (one of which is overweight), and we were crossing a big intersection. A shirtless middle aged man on a bike was approaching us, so i sped up a bit. My roommate continued walking a regular pace (and she had the time). The guy on the bike however yelled "OUT OF THE WAY, YOU FAT SLOB" at her as he passed. We were all so taken aback and speechless. I've never witnessed such a mean and completely unnecessary comment. A girl who was waiting to cross the other even apologized to us "I'm so sorry..that was so rude".

My roommate was like "whatever" after..but I'm so mad! I seriously cannot believe how cruel people can be. Honestly makes me sad that people like that exist.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Do a search for my topic "Hey Fat *kitten*, Get on the Sidewalk". Gotta love people.
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    Wow! that guy was completely out of line, no reason for that at all
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I would curse him out and then cry about it later because I'm really sensitive to comments like that. :(
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...it's horrible to be bullied...especially by someone who knows nothing about you. I really feel for your friend. She's lucky to have a friend like you , though!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How horribly cruel. Just know that karma will come back and bite him eventually. It always does.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    There is a special spot in hell reserved for that guy :(
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    She said "whatever" bc **** like that happens all the time :explode: People are such *kitten*
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I feel for her, I can only imagine how much it hurt your friend. You have every right to be upset, as I would too, but even tho your friend said "whatever" and acted as if she shrugged it off... it probably bothered her quite a bit, that's very embarrassing and cruel.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's just completely horrible. People like that don't deserve to breathe our air. I'm not one to wish death on anyone, but if they just disappeared off the face of the planet, I wouldn't be that disappointed.
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly rude and cruel. You know what though, I truly believe in karma. This guy has it coming to him. There is an old expression that goes "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." SO NOT TRUE.... At least broken bones heal but words that cut you like a knife stay in the back of your mind/heart for a life time. People like him are the ones that inspire me to lose weight. I have 2 family members that don't like me just because they don't like bigger people and I can't wait to see them one day at a reunion or something and laugh in their face when they try to befriend me. If you can't accept someone for who they are on the outside, than you have no right to get to know who they are on the inside. I bet your roommate is a beautiful person inside and out and it is creeps like him who make this world an ugly place to live.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    It's nothing new, honestly.
    You get that kind of treatment all over the place for being too skinny or too fat.
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    Awful. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. What are people thinking when they say stuff like that?

It's too bad we can't think faster on our feet. I always imagine that in a situation like that I'd be able to yell back at the guy as he rode by, "I may be fat, but I can lose weight - you'll always be an *kitten*."

It would be so satisfying to actually get to say that, wouldn't it? LOL
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    If I'd been there, I would have had an abundance of choice words for that *kitten*. I've been overweight (still am), and I've been what most people would call scary skinny- and received judgment and insults no matter HOW I looked. Some people are just so unhappy within their own skin that they can only lift themselves up by tearing someone else down. I'm so sorry for what happened :(
  • akathatoneguy
    akathatoneguy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was very embarrassing for her. Of course, anyone who heard the comment probably thought that he was the one who should have been embarrassed, instead.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hey you are in Boston , what do you expect? the guy probably does that all day long! He probably enjoys being a douche!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Just suck it up.
    That guy's punishment is that he must live with himself.
    He must seethe with unending misery.
    Don't be mad; pity him.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i agree with bobby plus i woulda just yelled something back possibly shook my man berries at him if the mood struck me
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i agree with bobby plus i woulda just yelled something back possibly shook my man berries at him if the mood struck me

LOL

You always make me laugh! Man Berries indeed :)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I need to share this story because I'm so insulted.

I was just walking through Boston with my roommates (one of which is overweight), and we were crossing a big intersection. A shirtless middle aged man on a bike was approaching us, so i sped up a bit. My roommate continued walking a regular pace (and she had the time). The guy on the bike however yelled "OUT OF THE WAY, YOU FAT SLOB" at her as he passed. We were all so taken aback and speechless. I've never witnessed such a mean and completely unnecessary comment. A girl who was waiting to cross the other even apologized to us "I'm so sorry..that was so rude".

My roommate was like "whatever" after..but I'm so mad! I seriously cannot believe how cruel people can be. Honestly makes me sad that people like that exist.

Uncalled for.