Your favorite ways to use broccoli slaw?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Asian Broccoli Slaw!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the exact recipe on hand, but it's something like: 1 bag slaw, 2 packages beef ramen noodles, canola oil (I think I use 1/4 to 1/2 cup), 1/3 c. white vinegar, sugar or sugar substitute (again 1/4 to 1/2 cup), and either sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds or peanuts or cashews.

crush up the noodles and toss with slaw and nuts/seeds, mix together the 2 beef ramen seasoning packets, oil, vinegar and sugar and toss with slaw/noodle mixture. Refrigerate for at least an hour (the noodles need to soak up the dressing and soften up a bit)

DELICIOUSNESS. Not super nutritious but it's a great side dish for a BBQ! Better than potato or pasta salad IMO.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    My fav is broccoli slaw faux pasta.
    Dry fry in pan, add pasta sauce (or crushed tomato), cheese, and additional veg (I like mushrooms!).

Sprinkle with a little more cheese and nosh away!

pasta_brocc.jpg
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Chinese Chicken Salad!!!

shredded baked chicken, brocolli slaw and/or rainbow slaw, chopped green onion, fried wonton noodles (optional), and low fat Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Dressing.

I had this last night for dinner. a HUGE plate of it. and it was like 300 calories total and extremely nutrient dense.

That sounds really good! I think I have everything to make that as well. Thanks! =)
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I made slaw tonight with the veggie mix, light mayo and vinegar. It was great and super low cal. I think it willbe a new regular item here.
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cilantro-lime broccoli slaw on fish tacos

]http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r626/briyowes/DSCN0826.jpg?t=1341964310

Mixed broccoli slaw (store bought bag of shredded broccoli, carrots & red cabbage), FF sour cream, low cal mayonnaise (I used Walden Farms 0 cal Miracle Mayo), lime juice, green onion, fresh cilantro (I used dried, didn't have any fresh), fresh chopped garlic or as I used Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb (to taste). Mix thoroughly.

Im gonna have this for dinner!