oregon people

Options

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: good morning from oregon!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

chilly morning. not looking forward to walking daughter to school.:tongue:
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would like to go back to bed, please. Thank you.

The move went well. Now it's just unpacking.. :grumble:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    oh i :love: love:love: the beautiful colors around this time of year!
    i'm hoping to find us a room at the oregon coast this weekend. i love the drive out there in the fall!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    no rain forcasted here in ptld today!:happy:
    dare i go on an hour+ walk w/out an umbrella?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I say do it! We Oregonians don't need umbrellas!

I love this weather, but right now I'm finding I'm not enjoying it quite so much... I bought a convertible! And putting the top down right down would just be silly :tongue:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i hear you.
    my husband has a convertable. here in oregon, he only puts the top down a few times per year!:laugh: :laugh:
  • totallytasha
    Options
    Good morning! Hope you had a great halloween! I think it was surprisingly warm, as compared to most years. And heck yes for the extra hour, woot!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    yes!
    perfect trick-o-treat weather:happy:
    i took 3 10yr girls around our neighborhood.

how did u celibrate?
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    It was so warm on Halloween, my granddaughter didn't even wear a coat to trick or treat. I think that was a first, and I've lived in Oregon all my life (Stayton, then PDX area). Usually, the trick is how to fit the coat over the costume. :ohwell:

I hiked Dog Mountain several years ago, and couldn't walk for 3 days. But hubby wants to do it again with my brother.

I :heart: Mt Hood. I see Trillium Lake as a profile photo for 'tlapdx'. I camp there a lot.

Enjoy this sunshine! We just refilled our propane tank for the bbq! Pretty optimistic, huh? The rain won't stop us.
  • totallytasha
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, Dog Mountain. The name filled me with dread for the longest time. I thought I was going to DIE going up that hill. But I absolutely love the gorge, and all the BEAUTIFUL hikes through there, and I hope I can get up in there again before the weather gets too nasty. I think Hamilton's my favorite so far. :love:

Halloween was great! I walked around in some butterfly wings and spider tights all day, and it really wasn't very cold. This weekend there's a sausage dinner out in Verboort (Forest Grove) if you guys are interested. Probably difficult to keep in calories there, but it's going to be my weekly cheat meal, and the sausage is the most amazing thing ever. Very excited! You guys have weekend plans?
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i'm not familar w/ "dog mountain" does it go by another name too?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

my wedding was held at multnomah falls!

my plans 4 this weekend is to chauffeur my kids.
    son has daily play pratice. (hamlet! next weekend!)
    daughter has lego robotics.
  • slightingscale
    Options
    i'm not familar w/ "dog mountain" does it go by another name too?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

What a beautiful place to have a wedding. Your photos must be amazing.

Dog Mountain is on the Washington side, and it is a popular hike, straight up (3.5 miles one way for a gain of 2820' is pretty steep). At the top, the views are amazing. I prefer a more wooded hike, though, with a waterfall destination, and there are plenty of those in the gorge!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I would like to go back to bed, please. Thank you.

The move went well. Now it's just unpacking.. :grumble:
    Tasha, how is your new place?
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I love it! Sharing it with my bf and my sister, so it gets interesting... but way better than where I was living! My friend called the old place felony flats, lol. Still needs lots of work (and money) to get it to where we want it, but I definitely love it so far. :smile:

Multnomah falls would be a beautiful place for a wedding! I always thought I'd get married in a church, but the more I think about outdoor weddings the more I like them... Don't think I'm getting married soon, but it's something for me to think about. :tongue:

Being in 'Hamlet' sounds extremely difficult. :ohwell:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :flowerforyou: the play, "Hamlet" was put on wonderfully!
    :flowerforyou: getting married at multnomah falls was beautiful, but the sound of the falls was so loud, the pastor and my grandma playing the wedding march on her vilola, was not heard.
    :flowerforyou: glad u r enjoying your new living arrangements tasha.

:grumble: ok. oregon's rain/cold is starting to bug me. and it has hardly begun!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Boy, I agree. The thermometer said 50+ today, but I couldn't get warm until 3pm. Must have been the wind.
    I walk with my daughter and her 9-month old baby girl daily. Our baby girl rides in a backpack. I have made a two-headed poncho for them to wear! We usually get a few amused looks from other walkers every morning, but we really want to stay outside as long as possible. I should get a photo to post. We don't want to go back to the mall, and of course, being native Oregonians, we wouldn't think of carrying an umbrella.
    Laie_93.gif
    So glad to hear that Hamlet went well! Congratulations to your son!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Boy, I agree. The thermometer said 50+ today, but I couldn't get warm until 3pm. Must have been the wind.
    I walk with my daughter and her 9-month old baby girl daily. Our baby girl rides in a backpack. I have made a two-headed poncho for them to wear! We usually get a few amused looks from other walkers every morning, but we really want to stay outside as long as possible. I should get a photo to post. We don't want to go back to the mall, and of course, being native Oregonians, we wouldn't think of carrying an umbrella.
    Laie_93.gif
    So glad to hear that Hamlet went well! Congratulations to your son!

yes! yes!
    i must see your 2 headed poncho!
    i'm a knitter, sewer, crafter as well.
    how did u make this?
    i can hardly wait to see it!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    hate this weather!! How are you ladies dealing with this gloomy sad dark week?
  • slightingscale
    Options
    hate this weather!! How are you ladies dealing with this gloomy sad dark week?
    phil_03.gif It may sound counter-intuitive, but when I'm feeling the darkness, I get outside and play! It's brighter out there than it looks. Plus, I don't allow the rain blues until February, at the very earliest. phil_03.gif
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

What a beautiful place to have a wedding. Your photos must be amazing.

Dog Mountain is on the Washington side, and it is a popular hike, straight up (3.5 miles one way for a gain of 2820' is pretty steep). At the top, the views are amazing. I prefer a more wooded hike, though, with a waterfall destination, and there are plenty of those in the gorge!

If I am not mistaken, "Dog Mountain" also goes by the name "Hamilton Mountain." Sadly, I am all too familiar with this location. I hiked it once with my husband. On another occasion, in 2003, I was working and he went hiking with a friend of ours from Portland. She lost her balance and while walking about 5 feet ahead of him, she fell off the trail and was fatally injured.

It is a beautiful area, but like all hikes in the Columbia Gorge, it can be treacherous.

How did everyone make out with the bad weather that occurred on the coast and the Portland area?