oregon people

Options

Replies

• totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the play went well, Oregonlady! It must have been so great. :smile: Is anyone going to Transiberian Orchestra this weekend?

Weaklink, I think Hamilton and Dog are different places. Hamilton's about twice the length, although they do both have their treacherous spots. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. :cry:

Not to be the contrary one, but I'm loving this weather! I don't so much care for being cold, but I love the wind - it's so powerful! However, I'm spoiled and sit in an office all day, so I don't actually have to deal with it. I know when I did concrete I despised the winter and all it's nasty elements.

Now cold weather makes me think of holidays - yum! Do you guys have big Thanksgiving plans?
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :glasses: no plan 4 me this weekend. just staying warm and happy.
    :flowerforyou: i too like this weather. well, i like most any weather. change is fun.
    but i walk a lot and it is not fun in wind. but i love hearing my wind chimes ringing all the time!

the idea of turkey makes my mouth water.
    i'm hosting a thanksgiving gathering. i invited a family that recently came over from Japan to join us!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

what are other's plans?
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Weaklink, I'm so sorry to hear of your tragedy on Hamilton Mtn. That is different from Dog Mtn, but both certainly have their similar challenges. I am so sorry to hear of what you all must have experienced on that fateful day.

About the weather, I'm okay with the rain and cold, but that wind is another thing. I couldn't live in Troutdale.

We are having Thanksgiving Lite this year, with only 5 of us coming (every other year my older kids go to their in-laws, but they will be here for Christmas Eve). Anybody need a place for a good Thanksgiving dinner? We'd love to meet you, and we have plenty of space at the table!

I heard a good saying lately, that I'd like to share:
    :drinker: Don't eat until you're full, eat until you're no longer hungry. :drinker:

P.S. Photo for two-headed poncho is posted. Baby has see-thru hood.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You all are right. I refreshed my geographic memory thru a dinner with my ex this evening, and Hamilton, and Dog Mtns ARE two different places in the Gorge.

The accident I referred to happened on Dog Mountain, not Hamilton.

I must confess I am getting sick of rain already, and the wind can be annoying when you are trying to walk yourself and doggies, though all three seem to enjoy their ears flapping in the breeze as long as it isn't too cold!:laugh: :laugh:

The only place I really do NOT like wind is when it is coming down the Gorge from the east and I am trying to drive between Portland and Hood River. Last December--the day before the highway was closed for several days due to that infamous winter storm we had the few days before Christmas--I drove a quick round trip and at times thought my little Toyota was going to get blown right off the road.:noway: :noway: The wind combined with snow put me in a whiteout on the way back for about 10 miles. The trip was made more interesting by my passenger--a nervous Shih tzu who thought he should sit in my lap rather than on the passenger seat!!! :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, let's do THAT again real soon.....NOT!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :drinker: Don't eat until you're full, eat until you're no longer hungry. :drinker:

i need to keep in mind your quote.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    cute poncho!:happy: :happy: beautiful daughter and grandbaby!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    thank you for sharing.
  • slightingscale
    Options

i need to keep in mind your quote.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    cute poncho!:happy: :happy: beautiful daughter and grandbaby!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    thank you for sharing.
    Thanks for the compliment! We have become addicted to our morning walks, and we'll use all of our creativity to stay outside as long as possible.
    viannen_87.gif
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
  • totallytasha
    Options
    The only place I really do NOT like wind is when it is coming down the Gorge from the east and I am trying to drive between Portland and Hood River. Last December--the day before the highway was closed for several days due to that infamous winter storm we had the few days before Christmas--I drove a quick round trip and at times thought my little Toyota was going to get blown right off the road.:noway: :noway:

Must concur. The wind through there can get scary, driving or hiking. When we hiked Angel's Rest last fall, we got to the top and I was almost blown off. I couldn't go within 20 feet of the cliff edge without the wind picking me up. Bye bye, hat! I like to think it's all wind created by the angels' wings as they fly around up there. :smile:

I'm very excited for thanksgiving! There's going to be so much deliciousness... I think we're going to my parent's on Saturday, since my sister's working Thursday, and that'll be our big meal. On Thursday we're getting together with some friends, one of which is a vegan. Should be interesting... I like trying new anyone know of some good vegan dishes?

Oregonlady, it's really neat that you invited a family from Japan - I love culture blending!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!! :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i hope everyone had a happy holiday. :happy:
    mine was super tough, food wise.:grumble:
    1 more holiday gathering to go! ~new year's eve.

do u have plans for that night?:huh: :huh:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Whew! The holidays are officially over. I did okay, but I had to be very diligent on the last two or three days before weigh-ins. I don't like that pressure. I'm ready to even out my food and my workouts over the entire week. Ahhhhhh.

Here's to a New Year 2010. I hope all MFP Oregonians meet their goals!
    0002045B.gif
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well I am from SEATTLE, but I will be in Portland Feb 5th and 6th, lol
    I will be staying at the embassy suites in Portland, I dont recall which one, but its close to the MAX.. Where do you work?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami-:flowerforyou:

There is an Embassy Suites at the airport and another downtown. It is probably the downtown one you are referring to, but since they now have a Max line that runs out to the airport, that is also a possibility.

I am just across the river, so it would be possible to meet up, if your schedule permits. Send me a PM if you would like to consider the possibilities. Happy New Year!!!:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • oregonlady
    Options
    poop:indifferent:
    :happy: i enjoy meeting www people:happy: (:love: that is how i met my mr wonderfu:love: l).
    but i'm far from t airport. (beaverton):ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

windy day!!!!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    It would be fun to all get together. PM me, too, if there's a meeting!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    It would be fun to all get together. PM me, too, if there's a meeting!

most certainly!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I need to check in more often! It would have been neat to have a get-together. I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday. I'm glad that a chunk of temptation is out of the way! Eating better is way easier without a tub of caramel corn filling the office!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I need to check in more often! It would have been neat to have a get-together. I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday. I'm glad that a chunk of temptation is out of the way! Eating better is way easier without a tub of caramel corn filling the office!
    That's right! For me it was See's candy staring at me all day long.

This year I threw away more food after Christmas than I ever have in my life. That's a good thing for me, overcoming the guilt of the starving people across the world. Next year, I will make/buy only those things that people love, and I will watch the quantities made.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Is anyone in Eugene?? Im dying for a workout buddy!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Sorry, I'm in the PDX area. My daughter's at UO, though. :smile:

When I searched the profiles, ShowMorgan79 is 30 years, from Pleasant Hill and is into dressage. Not sure if she is a current MFP user or not. Just a thought. Best of luck to you in finding a workout buddy.
  • oregonlady
    Options

the diet web site simmilar to this one, sparkspeople.com, can probably help u find a workout buddy.

i like this diet site the best.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i've been walking more now that it has not been soo cold!

how have you been?????:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: