Is there anything you have Given up because you go too far?

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Triscuits. I used to say only one serving (which is only 6 crackers :grumble: ****ty) so I just don't buy them anymore. If I have ice cream in the house I'm the same way, eat it and eat it and eat it everyday.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Nutella. I will sit there and just scoop it out of the jar. I miss it so much. :(
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    I know the feeling you mean, and yes, there are some things I cannot technically control if they are available to me - for example, if I had cupcakes or brownies in the house, I wouldn't stop at one, or two, or three...same with candy bars and donuts...I'd buy 2 or 3 at a time.

Now I make sure it's just not available to me in such great quanitities, though I do still treat myself because otherwise, well life is just no fun without a Snickers. But I just have 1. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have given up deep fried twinkies. Can't have just 1. Have to have 4-5......
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My big wheel...momma gets mad when I do spin outs in the driveway.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    More like, I won't have certain things at home. That's completely restricting me from eating things if I am at home. There is never any chips, or cookies, or really much junk at my house (sure doesn't stop me from eating it, haha) but this way I KNOW i cannot have it at home.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Cheddar cheese. My one true weakness.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods altogether, but I have given up eating them ON MY OWN - so, I can have crisps, ice cream etc with someone else because that ensures I only have a sensible amount but I don't yet trust myself completely alone with them, lol!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cookies and ice cream! 3 months ago I realized that I didn't overeat, but I did eat too many sweets. I cut the completely out and so far have not hhad a problem!

Basil
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Does wine count? LOL in all seriousness, I used to drink wine a few nights a week. I would drink half a bottle to a full bottle. I couldn't just have one glass. So now I limit wine to special occasions. Much better for weight loss, lol. As for food, in the beginning I have to give up all the bad foods because they are triggers. After getting in the habit of making healthier choices, I slowly add back in treats, in moderation. Once getting into a healthy habit, it's easier to eat the bad stuff in moderation. I think it's important though to be in the habit of eating healthier and eating smaller portions though, before eating the bad stuff in moderation. At least for me.
  • ccates208
    ccates208 Posts: 1
    Options
    Potato chips!! I look for small bags, but when I am in the grocery store, they sell only the large bags. I will not stop eating until the bag is gone, therefore, I have given up eating potato chips, unless I can buy a small bag.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    No.

I give nothing up. I manage accordingly.

Me too. I used to have major problems with not being able to control myself. Once I found this site and started seeing food as math, it took the emotional aspect out. That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes overeat, but I play the numbers game and get some more exercise or cut back the next day. And since I don't like to have to do that, it becomes easier to resist going overboard knowing that I'll have to make up for it. I also pre-log my foods a day ahead. Then I know where I'm sitting if I want to indulge.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I still eat these, but I don't buy boxes/bags and keep them in my house.

Chips. I never, ever stop. Especially kettle-cooked salt and vinegar.

Same goes with crackers that I love... Wheat Thins, Cheez Its. It takes way too much force for me to restrain myself from eating an entire box.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper & Lay's Kettle-Cooked Salt & Vinegar chips! I can't seem to manage moderation with those, so I just don't buy them anymore!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    White cheddar cheese popcorn. I can't even have it in the house because I'll eat the entire bag in one sitting. When I do buy it, I buy the smallest bag possible because even if I have the 100 calorie packs in the house, I'll eat them all in one sitting.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i stopped going to subway for a long time. yeah they have healthy options but i don't like them, lol - my old "usual" was a gigantic calorie bomb and if i ordered less, i would end up starving and snacking myself to death later.

i finally went back this week, managed to force myself to order a smaller, lighter version of my "usual" that fit within my allotted calories, and didn't come home and eat everything in the house. it was a major victory for me, but i still won't be doing it very often >.<
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sweet cereal(like for kids) or chocolatey things like Nutella or sweets. I cant have one Tb nutella or a bite of chocolate. I have a bad sugar addiction that I'm fighting and I hinge on chocolate even if I don't think it tastes good.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I thought that there were certain foods that I overeat no matter, that I never could go back to. After giving them up for a long time, and slowly reintroduction them--I don't overeat. I think if you get to the point where you really don't want those foods anymore, like I did--you'll be OK.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    No.

I give nothing up. I manage accordingly.

Me too. I used to have major problems with not being able to control myself. Once I found this site and started seeing food as math, it took the emotional aspect out. That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes overeat, but I play the numbers game and get some more exercise or cut back the next day. And since I don't like to have to do that, it becomes easier to resist going overboard knowing that I'll have to make up for it. I also pre-log my foods a day ahead. Then I know where I'm sitting if I want to indulge.

it's taken a while, but i'm learning to do this. some things are almost impossible to resist, though.
  • mirandamcdonald
    mirandamcdonald Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't have an open package of any type of candy in the house. I WILL eat the entire box/bag/sleeve. It's ridiculous how fast I can go through candy if I let myself. Haha.