I keep giving up, what can I do?

Options

Replies

• candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support. It's not easy. Even once you do get to goal you need support to stay there. That is what I am most afraid of.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    a) eat more. 800 calories per day in nowhere near enough.
    b) if you want it bad enough, you'll just do it.
    c) unless you legit have a disorder you need counseling for. If so, go get counseling.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have bounced back and forth between 195 and 215lbs three times in the last two years. Try to figure out what caused you to lose focus.

Setbacks are part of life. No matter how many step backs you have taken, it is up to you to make your next step forward..
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Something you might try is giving yourself constant visual reminders. Put pictures or quotes on the fridge, on your bathroom mirror, in the office. They can be positive or negative depending on what your respond better do. I'm better when I'm mean to myself. Haha. I literally have post it on my computer at work that says, "Don't be a wuss." (The one on my bathroom mirror at home has more colorful language.)You can post pictures that inspire what you want for yourself or things that remind you that it's a constant fight.

Don't look to the end goal. Just focus on today, and if you mess up today, re-focus tomorrow.
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    it doesn't seem like you "keep giving up." It sounds to me like you keep NOT giving up, since you keep trying. Sometimes even if you are struggling badly with self control and motivation, the fact that you keep trying and keep getting back up after you fall sounds like you are destined to succeed. It may take you a year to lose 10 pounds the way you are doing things now, but just think about it this way: minus 10 pounds by next year? Or giving up and gaining another 20? Stay focused on your goals, but don't beat yourself up for not achieving them with flying colors. Pat yourself on the back for small victories like passing up the cookies you were offered, adding 5 minutes to your work out, getting off the couch on a lazy weekend when you really didn't feel like it, etc. Good luck! Believe in yourself and value your small achievements!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Fall down seven times, stand up eight...
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Start today and remember you want health and to be fit and drop those 20lbs those r the primary goals but its the choices we make that either get us closer to or further away from those goals you may not like having to make the choice to workout or watch what you eat whatever it is for you but what are the consequences of not doing those things that help you achieve Optimal Health? Do you like how you feel now? NO so set goals and rewards and start this is your journey if you have to affirm to yourself in the mirror everyday how strong you are and that you can do this...write and affirmation of everything you declare you are or you want to be that pertains to your Optimal Health and then read it allowed shout it if you have to...to yourself everymorning through out the day if you have to:) We r all here for you chica keep up the great work...Its a battfield of the mind...you shoudl read that book by Joyce Meyer its good...its all mental once you overcome that you got it in the bag!! :) But the great thing is the brain is like a muscle exercise it tell it what to do and it remembers so tell yourself over and over who you are and what you will do and you will do it!!:)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'll be your huckleberry. Add me for support. :)

We need to be friends. Tombstone is my favorite movie.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I just don't know what the answer is...well I do but mentally it seems unattainable to me. I've recently gained 20 lbs that I know I need to lose now before my weight spirals out of control even more. I lost so much weight about over a year ago, I was feeling fantastic and people were always commenting on what a great job I did, how good I looked and how I did it.
    It was easy at the time...I cut back my calories and exercised for about an hour everyday so I know HOW to lose it physically but not mentally.

I don't know what is wrong with me, I wake up feeling all motivated that I can lose the weight but then I fall back into my same patterns of over eating and binging.

Where do I go from here, what is going to make me lose the weight again? I feel like it's hopeless.

If you keep giving up maybe you just don't want it bad enough.....Keep getting fatter.....Eventually you will. When you want it bad enough you won't give up.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    As long as your breathing there is hope......
  • mammawbeth
    Options
    As a lifetime member of weight watchers, who fell off the weight loss journey, take it one day at a time. You put the weight on much faster then it will come off! Just remember that nothing looks as good as thin feels! Good luck to you and dont give up! You can do it. :-)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you didn't make it a lifestyle change. you have to stick with it,, you're never done. you may be done losing weight but if you're not consciously maintaining, then you're gaining!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Stop giving up.

I dont want to be negative so Ill say this. Keep trying.
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1) Don't give up.
    2) Eat MORE. 800 calories is barely enough to fuel my 17 month old toddler for a day, let alone a grown woman.
    3) Change your goal. Train for something, start a new exercise program, take up a new sport. Don't focus so much on the "getting your weight to a certain number" part of this. Change your mind, change your life, and changes to your body will follow. Be well.
  • smudgeroo
    smudgeroo Posts: 45
    Options
    You have said that it's not that you don't know WHAT to do, or HOW to do it, you just find it mentally difficult to stick to. I wonder if maybe some kind of talking therapy would help you to explore the reasons why you sometimes overeat, and whether food represents an emotional issue for you?
    I'm sure with enough determination, encouragement and support you can achieve your goals and lose the weight, just like you did last time. But if there is an underlying emotional cause for your eating habits, you could be better off addressing this for a long-term (lifetime) solution. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You don't know how to lose weight and keep it off! Exercising Everyday for an hour IS NOT Sustainable, nor is eating very low calories!!! TRY a Lifestyle change, that means doing what is sustainable for Life, and Tweaking as your Life Phases change. Start with MODERATION and PATIENCE! Moderate Exercise and Eating enough calories that can sustain your Activity level BUT where you have a deficit to lose weight. Be Well
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    We're here for you always. Eating less and exercising is NOT easy, I don't care what anyone says. It's not always as easy as "stop giving up"....in fact, I hate that. Maybe surround yourself with motivating pictures or quotes. Do you have a pic of yourself from when you lost weight before? Maybe carry it around with you. Everyday is a struggle for many of us, and that's ok. We are human, and it will make our reward when we hit goal even sweeter!! Good luck hun!! You CAN do this!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stop trying to lose weight by dieting. think of it as a lifestyle change. if you pick a diet that you can't foresee yourself eating for he rest of your life even after you've lost the weight then you won't succeed.

make some non weight related goals that you can work towards. things like being able to do 50 straight legged pushups, can walk/run a 5k under a certain amount of time, doing a pull up, etc. these are all things that you can focus on working towards and that will help keep you on the road to weight loss and maintenance

build your maintenance plan into your weight loss plan. i know so many people who lose weight fast but have no plan for maintenance so they just go back to how they were eating before or their inactivity and no surprise they gain the weight back
  • ehalps26
    ehalps26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you can add me for support...ive been there so many times too. its all mental that matters. i get on a roll but then something comes up like a bbq or birthday where i go nuts on food, which makes me almost embarrased to walk in the gym knowing that im prob like 10 pounds heavier lol. it takes a toll on you mentally. im just a person who hates habits and routines or doing the same thing all the time...for instance i despise running so my method of cardio has always been the stairmaster, but eventually step after step to no where can make you go insane! so im totally with you.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This is tough to say but I was YOU about 7 months ago...woke up every day saying THIS was the day! I would start out great but by the end of the day, I couldnt stop eating junk. It wasnt until I hit bottom....sat in my bedroom with my bathing suit in my hand after having pulled it down off the hips it wouldnt go over and bawling my eyes out....that I finally had the resolve I needed. I wasnt ready before. Maybe you arent ready right now. Maybe you will be ready in a week or a couple days or 6 months, like me. But until that day, you are only going to frustrate yourself and feel like a failure. You have to decide if the food is more important than your body. Its not an easy choice unless you ARE ready. Whatever you decide, good luck!