• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    You could try Mio, I like it.
    I also love vitamin water.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    plain water is pretty gross.
    i love diet soda, crystal light, tea, and true lemon!
  • kmiskow
    kmiskow Posts: 24
    Options
    Check out liquid stevia. It comes in flavors like root beer, orange, chocolate, etc. great to flavor /sweeten water and coffee!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    1 can of soda per day for a week adds up to 70 teaspoons of sugar per week. Add that to the rest of the sugar you are ingesting in foods and you will be going way overboard! Water is excellent, you can learn to like it.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I freeze my water bottles about 60-75% then break it up so I am mostly eating ice chips. I do this all day and easily go through 3-8 16oz bottles. I think it drives my co-workers crazy to hear the ice being shaken around the bottle all day, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I find I cannot do most flavored waters or seltzers but when I want flavor without calories I found Sobe Lifewater Zero is the only thing that I can stomach. Most artificial sweeteners bother me or just don't taste good. Sobe doesn't bother me and there are many flavors, I like most of them!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was only able to get over not liking water by ONLY drinking water(exception: I drink alcohol and soda on the weekends I measure it, including the shot or two of alcohol) Now my body craves it! It has to be a concious decision, by this point, most kids are growing up drinking soda like it's a good thing, it takes a bit of determination to get past that mentality. It took me probably a month to get completely over it. I briefly went to diet soda and started craving sweets(dang artificial sweeteners) so I cut that too. My fiance acts like water will rust his wind pipe... but he tolerates the Mio flavored water and it's cheaper than buying flavored water by the bottle and you can control the extent of the flavoring, might be a good stepping stone if you are trying to get away from soda. Once I gave up soda, I noticed a change in my cravings, I still had some cravings but not so much of the sugary sweets!

Good luck~
  • Kacibird71
    Kacibird71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It was really hard for me to quit diet coke. I add lemon or dilute juices with water. Also, I started drinking Slimquick mixed berry. Instead of mixing it with 16 oz. I mix with 30 oz of water and sip it through out the day. Good Luck! You can succeed!
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am a diet coke person..... have cut down to 2 a day.....
    I substitute unsweeted iced tea, crystal lite, water etc.... but I really enjoy the ones I do have
    (sounds like a smoker doesn't it ??? :)

I don't drink soda with a meal even if it's free, that's sort of mindless drinking. I do water with lemon in it for almost all my meals.

Remember the "Soda is evil" camp probably overstates things a bit.... as far as hydration is concerned, soda is is almost as good as plain water, and their main concern is the aspertane which has no proven ill effects.....
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Those little crystal light or whatever they are called things. Those work well, I suppose. I just taught myself to like water. Everything in weight loss or gain is about willpower, and my actively doing something to change the behavior you can make a change. If you are passive about it, very little is going to change.
  • Journey72
    Journey72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I add lemon juice to my water. If you like lemons this is a good way to meet your water intake goals plus I hear that lemon water helps with digestion and may help with weightloss.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I freeze my water bottles about 60-75% then break it up so I am mostly eating ice chips. I do this all day and easily go through 3-8 16oz bottles. I think it drives my co-workers crazy to hear the ice being shaken around the bottle all day, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

HAHA Oh man. I use to do this SAME thing! I am glad someone else does it!
  • EBBlue10
    EBBlue10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of water either, but I find if it is super cold and I add a little bit of lime or lemon juice I enjoy it more.
  • ragazza007
    Options
    I don't like to drink water either, but I have discovered that cucumber water tastes delicious and I can drink a lot of it. Just add a few slices of cucumber to a pitcher of water, put in the fridge for about 10 minutes and there you go! Refreshing and delicious cucumber water. Good luck
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    all that soda has given your taste buds "unrealistic expectations". the sweetener in soda makes you addicted, because it dulls your taste buds and makes less sweet/non-sweet items/beverages taste less satisfying and/or undesireable.

its as simple as this... STOP DRINKING THE SODA. and drink water instead. you need to retrain your taste buds.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's an active decision. Put down the soda pick up the water. In fact get the soda out of your house all together. If you need help along the way pick up some club soda and some crystal light. Mix the two together. And then cut that down as you go along the way too. As the aspartame in it on a daily basis probably isn't too good for your health either. But it beats pure sugar in a can any day. You can also fill up a jug of water. Cut up some berries and lemons fruits that you love and all a little truvia/splenda if you must. Let it sit in the fridge over night. And the next day you will have tasty water all day.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water- I only drank seltzer water- bubbly water- I squeeze a little lemon or lime into them- but now I am OK with water. I still refer the bubbly stuff- so I buy it- so I will drink more water.

It is a choice- not a happy one, LOL, at least not at first. You just have to make yoursef do it. Eventually it gets to be an easier choice.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. I keep a 36 oz bottle next to my desk and it takes me all week to finish it... I have to force myself to drink. I know that's bad, water's so good for you, but I'd rather drink anything else.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I really hate to drink water. I am so addicted to Pepsi, altough I have cut down to 1 or 2 cans a day. How do I get to where I can drink more water?

I really don't know how to say this eloquently, but drinking anything instead of water will cause major health problems over time. You might have heard of athletes with inexplicably large hearts? The medical report will state heredity as the possible cause of death, but the reality of the situation points to this: Soda pop over water lifestyle leads to death. Gatorade over water leads to death. Kool-Aid over water, you better believe that will kill you. Drinking soda pop instead of water, all day and everyday, is like playing in rush hour traffic with a blindfold. It's not advisable.