Any Marathon Runners Out There?

Options
13»

Replies

• DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm farther out. January I'm running the goofy challenge. Saturday a half and Sunday a full. Just getting started with training and trying to get my diary cleaned up! I'm a slow runner but run so I can finish!
    Don't let her fool you. She's done it before. Just sayin. :D

Thanks! It will be my 3rd but I'm still slow :) Either way I got the bling!
  • designkid78
    Options
    I'm running the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on November 3rd. It will be my first full marathon, I ran my first half there last year. I just started my training this week.

Add me if you like.
  • Tysonhi98
    Tysonhi98 Posts: 21
    Options
    I was more of a mid distance runner 800m to 5k, but def wanna do a marathon in the next few years :)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I will be eventually. I plan on getting at least 2 under my belt before IMAZ 2013.

Which races are you looking at?

You can't go wrong with LA.

LA, OC or Surf City in some combination. Any good ones you would recommend around July/August?

SF is the only call in July/August. But I think it might be early next year (mid June?) for some reason.

LA is much better course than the other two (IMHO).
  • veronicapetchers
    Options
    I'm doing the SilverStrand in SD in November. I'm super nervous. I have always ran intervals and never long distances. I've been traing for 3 months now. So far so good. We shall see.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I bow down to you all.

I'm running my 2nd half mary in August. But a full... good on you!
  • hummus40
    hummus40 Posts: 72
    Options
    i have been reading these posts and now i am getting worried...
    idk if i signed up (and paid) for the right MARATHON...
    there are TWO in INDY within a few weeks of each other...
    the Indy on i signed up for is different that what everyone is talking about ...mine is Oct 20th...

has anyone run this one?
    its my first full in a VERY long time
    my training is somewhat shotty right now, am slowly loosing MOTIVATION (ran a half a few months back, the PIG)

anyway, any inspiration would be awesome