What makes somebody MFP Friend worthy?

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
In your humble opinon.

AND WHY THE HECK CAN YOU NOT SEND A MESSAGE? :)

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    For me what makes them worthy is being here and WANTING to lose weight, being here and wanting to tone, being here and ok...seems the common denominator is being here :wink: Because to me, being here means that they are looking for a healthier/happier lifestyle.
    If they don't include a message, I'm ok with that... After a few days if I notice that they NEVER comment, have craptons of friends (making them look like a collector), or consistantly do not log in...I delete them.

Edited to say that if they have a lot of friends that is ok as long as I am not lost in the shuffle... that may sound selfish but I don't care... this is MY journey :flowerforyou:
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Common goals or they need support
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have just recently friended a few people. I do it if 1) binary tells me to, 2) we have something in common or 3) they are hysterical.
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    :( i've only had one person add me so far,and I can't find anyone thats trying to gain weight.lonely me.oh well! mainly for tracking my progress anyway.
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm down to friend anyone who needs support. That's the magic of this site, everyone is working toward something.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    I don't send messages.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Bacon,beer,boobs or booty.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    That being said, I don't send Friend Requests....

(except two weeks ago I did after being on MFP more than 505 days...)
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I'm easy, just a request makes them friend worthy to me. Just the thought that they wanted to be my friend.:bigsmile:
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    They have positive things to say and are having fun on MFP ; )
  • ritamar
    ritamar Posts: 16
    Options
    Common goals, friendly profile, and supportive of other pals trying to lose those nasty lbs!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    mutal fondness of tacos, hookers, and blow.
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel like it depends on the experience you want from mfp. I have been on a couple other sites for a long time and there are different types of people who use these sites. Some people strictly use the calorie count and others are very social. I'm somwhere in between. I like to look for recipes and nutrition info. I have recently deleted a few friends because their gw was too low and they weren't eating( in my opinion). I love food and my friends should too lol! Oh and vino :laugh: Hope you find some good friends!!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have three requirements.

1. No eating disorders.
    2. No being annoying and spamming the crap out of everyone
    3. No sending me skeevy messages.

THAT IS ALL I ASK.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I only add people with big feet so that when I need a kick up the *kitten* I got the right people in line for it! :wink:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    A friend gives as much as they get. If I get friended but its all one sided.....my side....they aren't worthy. Also if they are eating SO little food, or binging every other day, that they cant possibly be doing themselves any good in the long run, they aren't worthy. And if someone doesn't like MY way of losing, they are free to not friend me and I wont be offended. You want to be friends with people who are like minded and can support you honestly. JMHO.

ETA - Oh...and I rarely send messages because most people seem to think you are either being a pest or stalking them. I answer wall posts instead.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Bacon,beer,boobs or booty.

Any of that would work for me as well. Plus they should have a good sense of humor.

I usually accept requests and see where they go.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    mutal fondness of tacos, hookers, and blow.

Can I stick some bacon in the taco?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    puts effort into fitness and nutrition
    and/or intelligent
    and/or funny
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    For me what makes them worthy is being here and WANTING to lose weight, being here and wanting to tone, being here and ok...seems the common denominator is being here :wink: Because to me, being here means that they are looking for a healthier/happier lifestyle.
    If they don't include a message, I'm ok with that... After a few days if I notice that they NEVER comment, have craptons of friends (making them look like a collector), or consistantly do not log in...I delete them.

Edited to say that if they have a lot of friends that is ok as long as I am not lost in the shuffle... that may sound selfish but I don't care... this is MY journey :flowerforyou:

This with the addition of no constant complaining when you don't lose anything yet you consistenly eat crap & don't workout. Harsh but hey. It's MY Fitness Pal:smile: