What makes somebody MFP Friend worthy?

Options

Replies

• KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    When I joined, I knew a couple of people on here already. Quite a few of the people on my friends list are mutual friends of theirs, and it's worked out great. They're supportive, and make me laugh.
    Some of the people on my friends list I "met" here on the message boards. Those adds are usually because they say something awesome or a have a mutual interest. I prefer friends who are serious about getting healthy, but can also be fun and personal with their statuses.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Worthy Pals on here make the effort to log in or have a damn good reason when they don't. If you're not here for 3 months at a clip, I can't be supportive of you and you can't be supportive of me. I also have Pals who actually post and respond to updates. :)

I try to keep MFPals who are optimistic and who also put some effort into trying to eat healthier and maybe exercise. I am also friends with people who take accountability and ownership for "slipping" and who don't throw hissy fits about how they accidentally ate a lonely potato chip and now the world's gonna come crashing in. My Pals seem to keep things realistic.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Oh and if they like to do spin outs on my big wheel.

Big wheels are awesome!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    what taso, felice, and a few others said.....plus they also have to be fan of hummus \m/

Agree Hummers get it every time.
    Oh and if they like to do spin outs on my big wheel.

hummmhummhummdeeedummm
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have different friends for different reasons:

Some of them are friends because they are focused on their goals, know their *kitten*, and teach me things by being awesome

Some of them are friends because they make me laugh, or laugh at my jokes, or just have a great sense of humor

Some of them are people I just love, for one reason or another, but it has to do with getting along, having things in common, etc.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Someone who makes me want to come back here.

Yep.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Someone who makes me want to come back here.

^^this
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    must have common goals
    must log in fairly consistantly,
    cannot have a ton of friends (again lost in the shuffle),
    cannot be selling something ...

someone who is motivational ...
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    what people like to say: if your positive, motivational and an inspiraion to others then I would love to have them as a friend here on MFP.

what I'd like to say: if you're 2 comments away from being a hilarious nut case...the i'll probably request you as a friend.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    understanding of deep sarcasm, very little drama, and the ability to make me snort Cherry Coke Zero out my nose

but what if my sarcastic drama makes you snort Pepsi Max out your nose?
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    mutal fondness of tacos, hookers, and blow.

Can I stick some bacon in the taco?

hmmmm, bacon in my taco....yes, I think that would be lovely.

Don't forget, zucchini goes great in tacos as well.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    mutal fondness of tacos, hookers, and blow.

Can I stick some bacon in the taco?

hmmmm, bacon in my taco....yes, I think that would be lovely.

Don't forget, zucchini goes great in tacos as well.

isn't that how you ended up pregnant?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends are more on the comical side, who are sarcastic, vulgar and know how to have fun. I don't need people telling me I'm doing a good job every ten minutes...I know I am lol. I want to come back on here everyday to see what stupid **** they are saying...they know who they are haha

I also like my MFP friends to be the type to have hundreds of days logged in, in a row. 80% of my friends list is female for some reason. I don't usually add people and let them come to me...sweet!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    Around the same age - give or take 10 years :)
    Funny comments, good info (legal or weight wise).
    Will comment on my success or disappointments :P
    I recently requested someone to be my friend & I got dissed
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    hot avatar. similar woe.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Common interests, looking to be motivated, or motivate. I don't feel that anyone needs to send a message.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I have sent out very few friend requests, could probably count them on one hand. When I do, I always include some sort of message. As far as receiving, friend requests, they don't need to have a message for me. I accept all. Now if you don't interact with me ever, aren't taking your fitness seriously or don't log in for two weeks without responding to my messages... I cut you.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Tacos filled with bacon, hummus and zucchini.