Hobbies; What are yours?

Options
KatieMae75
KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
When you're not focusing on health or busy working, what do you like to do?

I love books. Any kind of book. I'm a book *kitten*.
I also like geocaching, something that makes most people say "WTF is that?"
After geocaching, I grab another book.
Cooking, via a grill or smoker makes me very happy. Especially when I have to buy a book on different techniques.

That's all I've got. What's your happy thing?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I look at womens pictures on mfp all day.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Photography and reading :-) are my main Hobbies.
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am also an avid reader. :) I love books!

I'm also a surfer. Surfing makes me so happy, especially because it's something that I do often with my boyfriend. :D
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I look at womens pictures on mfp all day.

A hobby that can take up much time...lol
  • _Stampede55_
    _Stampede55_ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Softball, guns, and drinking. In that order.
  • KatieMae75
    Options

I can't believe I forgot to photography in there! I have much love for my Nikon D70s, it's been good to me over the years. I'm hoping to trade it in for a D7000 in the future.
  • Dionysus35
    Dionysus35 Posts: 74
    Options
    Well, from my profile pic... I make my own beer. I also study and collect wine. Love to work on cars too! Oh, and my two boys... (whoops)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Reading books
    crafts: knitting, cross stitch, make jewelry out of clay
    Take long walks
    Enjoy time with my daughters and family
    If I were rich I would travel a lot
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Traditional Archery and double bit axe throwing, it's fun!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options

I can't believe I forgot to photography in there! I have much love for my Nikon D70s, it's been good to me over the years. I'm hoping to trade it in for a D7000 in the future.

I would really like a nikon D700-800 or the D3X (if only I had a few Grand...lol)

I have a old Nikon D200, its my 3 lenses that help make my pictures for sure!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Boating, waterskiing, kneeboarding, camping, riding atv's, cars. My list goes on and on. Pretty much anything that requires me to be outside.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My hobby is working out. Sadly, I can't due much of that because I'm recovering from a calf tear.

...I need a new hobby.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Reading (just novels)
    Puzzles
    Coloring with my daughter
    Watching all my sons skateboard/bike tricks
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Lately I have gotten into sea kayaking. Fantastic workout.
  • jwolff7
    jwolff7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Reading books and reading fanfictions online.

Playing volleyball.

Relaxing. :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I read a lot, I'm currently reading too much as I'm averaging a novel a day and it's expensive. Sigh. Stupid speed reading that I can't control.
    I like to knit from 1930s patterns and I collect and wear almost exclusively 30s clothes. I love watching old movies (currently working my way through all I can find of Chaplin). I'm also really into cooking and this summer I plan to teach myself Chinese cookery.
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    Bonfires and drinking with my friends. cant beat that. A playing pool in the garage, and currently i have been tanning which is very relaxing i have discovered
  • KatieMae75
    Options
    I read a lot, I'm currently reading too much as I'm averaging a novel a day and it's expensive. Sigh. Stupid speed reading that I can't control.

I get a lot of my books from paperbackswap.com. It's free to request books, the only cost is shipping if someone requests one of your books (about $2.50 media mail).
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Gardening and cooking :)
  • mcherri
    mcherri Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i have a pet rooster i play with a lot... i take him on walks and go bug hunting with him. stimpy... he's super cute. i should get a picture of him on here.... anyways... if you need a good hobby, chickens are extreeeeeemely cheap cheap pets and they're soo funny, plus if you get a hen, you aaaalways have real organic eggs.... they are really really dumb, but they have such unique and large personalities that it's easy to overlook theyre mental shortcomings... my stimpy is like a sassy little spoiled thing... he's like a 2 year old covered in feathers.