Peanut butter and jelly lovers PBJxoxoxoxo

Options
BigAlfrn
BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
Does anyone here love PBJ as much as i do? would you consider it a "healthy" snack? i eat it on wheat bread and i will use reduced fat peanut butter unless i get it at work but i use regular jelly. i have yet to try the reduced sugar jelly.

Replies

• vitty1
    vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i have an obsession with peanut butter and honey on melbatoast. I consider melbatoast to be healthy along with the low fat peanut butter, and the honey is a good sub for sugar.

it helps to fulfil my sweet cravings. in moderation of course

yummm
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    @vitty...in moderation of course...is once a day acceptable...
    I have this uncontrollable love for pb and j...LOL!
    maybe instead of looking at pb and j as healthy we should look at the whole day...did we go over sugar, cal, fat, sodium...if not...i think i would call it a healthy day...what do you think?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's a perfectly acceptable snack/meal. Honestly, I don't bother with reduced fat/sugar for peanut butter or jelly b/c there's just more chemicals added to do that. If you want to try to save a few calories/added sugar, you can use fresh berries or other fruit instead of jelly. I love love love peanut butter in a pita with fresh sliced strawberries or blackberries!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm eating it right now =). I love it because it fills me and takes away my craving for something sweet. Also, it's only a 240 calorie lunch.
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love me some PBJ. Perhaps too much. LOL
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm eating it right now =). I love it because it fills me and takes away my craving for something sweet. Also, it's only a 240 calorie lunch.

Yeah! What She Said!
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Love Peanut Butter. Had me some this morning.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me some PB&J.....what I don't love is the 450 calories that go with it. :( I have it every now and then though, kind of like a treat. Moderation is the key. :)
  • gerkhead
    gerkhead Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE PBJ. I have not given it up at all. I have one for breakfast everyday. Orawheat HealthFull Bread, Skippy Natural Super Chunk, and Polaner Sugar Free with Fiber (the apricot is my favorite). Perfect breakfast.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

One of my favorite sandwiches.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @curvykin78 Have you tried using lowcal bread? Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat with Honey is only 45 calories. I prefer Great Value 100% Whole Wheat(Walmart brand). It's 50 calories a slice and its $2 cheaper =).
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    I just ate some for lunch...:D...PBJ's are the best lol
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to peanut butter period!.....i have been known to eat a 500g jar in one day......:D....now i dont even want to see it or every fibre of my being will crave it!...:D
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY!:love:
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That was my lunch today. A good ole staple.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    <---- Check the shirt! Loves me some pb&j :bigsmile:
  • Preesy
    Preesy Posts: 37
    Options
    I love love love PBJs, but yeah I hate all the calories. What I do is make my own sugar free jam. If you'd like I can share the recipe. The jam comes out to about 10 calories per sandwich.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have some Jif on an apple every day. My life is complete...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    full fat pb and no sugar rasp/strawberry jelly on a josephs flax pita.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    BigAlfrn!......PEA-NUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!! I normally eat mine on Very Thin White bread so I can keep the cals as low as possible and not cut any of the PB&J from the equation.