Peanut butter and jelly lovers PBJxoxoxoxo

Options

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    God I love PB&J or just PB by itself. My favoritest. LOL

I wouldn't worry about low-fat PB. Just try to get the one with the least ingredients. Crazy Richards is pretty good.
  • brandilacey
    Options
    Try PB2 powder. You mix it with water to make peanut butter, or you can just use the powder in smoothies. The chocolate one is really good in smoothies! It's a lot lower in fat and calories. This is from the ad:

2 Pack of 6.5 ounces - Regular PB2 and Cocoa PB2
    Over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut
    All natural with no artificial flavors,sweeteners, or preservatives
    Works and tastes wonderfully in recipes that call for the use of peanut butter

http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Cocoa/dp/B006OQLA44/ref=pd_sbs_gro_4/185-5145742-4078415
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Also.........Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.....mmmmmmm

Excuse me, I need a moment.....
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Oh yes! I just drooled all over my keyboard.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    Good question! ((taking all of the responses in))!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Sheesh, T, practice a little self control, girl! :wink:
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    All I can say is in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XYrqYVialk
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Sheesh, T, practice a little self control, girl! :wink:

Sorry, is there still some on my face?
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    PB and J's are delicious.. with some of that super soft sara lee 45cal bread...so good
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's a perfectly acceptable snack/meal. Honestly, I don't bother with reduced fat/sugar for peanut butter or jelly b/c there's just more chemicals added to do that. If you want to try to save a few calories/added sugar, you can use fresh berries or other fruit instead of jelly. I love love love peanut butter in a pita with fresh sliced strawberries or blackberries!

This ^^^^
    I also love peanut butter and I am going to use real fruit next time. I never thought of that before. Thanks to the person who wrote the above.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn u just struck a nerve! I could eat it every day. I usually have a huge one before and after working out.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    really only 240 calories! when I log it on mfp it says it more
    I'm eating it right now =). I love it because it fills me and takes away my craving for something sweet. Also, it's only a 240 calorie lunch.

Yeah! What She Said!
  • toogietteLTD
    Options
    Just eat the full fat! You will gain the lovely benefits from the unsaturates (healthy hair and skin) and you won't have to feel deprived! People forget to eat what they enjoy on diets, and when something you enjoy is healthy - go ahead!
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    horrible PB addiction here...I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night, not remember grabbing a spoon or the jar and finding the spoon in the sink the next morning. I'm drooling now just thinking about a fresh PB&J sandwich or straight PB on a banana..ok, I've seriously got to stop!!!!
  • spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always crave PB. This morning I had PB&Bananas&honey on rye bread, it sure hit the spot after working out.
  • ajavu
    ajavu Posts: 4
    Options
    lately i've been eating peanut butter & jelly OATMEAL for breakfast.. (please hear me out, it's so delicious).
    i use 1/2 cup of quaker whole oats (150 calories), 2 tablespoons of pb2 (45), and 2 tablespoons of smucker's sugarfree blackberry jam (20).
    it's incredibly filling & tastes exactly like a pbj sandwich in oatmeal form. try it!!
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes, now this is a steak dinner for me. It is an art. Too much peanut butter or jelly will mess up the whole sandwich, it has to be right. A little ice in the milk is great.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ive been eating almond butter with real fruit jam ... but sometimes i really miss the peanut butter so ill have it when im craving it that bad.. just so long as you measure it theres nothng wrong with it
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've been having a net of between 500 and 1000 daily cals and sometimes it's hard to eat enough (diet food) to get enough calories without a bunch of other problems like sodium, suger and carbs. So I've been eating 1 tbsp of natural pb and 1 tbsp of reduced fat super chunk on 2 wasa crisp n light crackers.. 235 calories, 2g sugar, 125 mg sodium, 13g fat and 6 carbs.. Tastes like a frekking nutter butter to me! Forget the jelly! Scared of that!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I was craving a pb&j this morning, and someone revived this thread. Coincidence?? I think it's a sign I should have that today! :bigsmile: Oh, and I missed that post about the oatmeal before. I'm totally trying that!