By myself

Options
13»

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.
    We either have that drive or need to find a way to ignite it.

To light that fire, be honest, and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.
    Feel and experience that joy when you think of being healthy and fit.

And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

This is the key to internal motivation.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I workout myself at home. I'm not married, but all the times I've gotten with a workout buddy to stay motivated, they've always bailed on me and left me doing it by myself anyway.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.

Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.

Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!

Love this ^^^. Great advice! Just get out there and workout, enjoy the "me time" and work it! Good luck!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday by myself including tonight ~ because my husband physcailly cannot- but I want to be the best and healthiest wife I can be for him. That is what keeps me going...
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree - I do it from home.

Make it part of your routine. I put my workout clothes on when I get up in the AM and don't allow myself to shower until that workout is DONE. That's incentive! :)
    This. ^^^ It really helps that I've enjoyed a sport for over 35 years that is essentially solitary (figure-skating). So I've never depended on anyone else to go work out with me (in fact, I prefer to go alone). But as I'm now in my mid-fifties, I have noticed a growing tendency to blow off working out if I wait to do it in the afternoon. (Guess that's supposed to be nap time or something, now, lol!) So, I put on my skate clothes first thing in the morning, and also skip the shower and make up until after the workout. That's incentive to get it over with, yes. ;)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    For me? Music music music. I have a pre workout mix I'll listen to while I wait for the pre workout supplements to kick in and stretch.
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For me? Music music music. I have a pre workout mix I'll listen to while I wait for the pre workout supplements to kick in and stretch.

This, too.

A workout without music is a workout without soul (or adrenalin).
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so glad you went. I'm having a hard time right not getting motivated to to stuff. I don't like to work out with people. Just me and my music, I get embaressed easy. I feel like people will judge me, and I don't want to leave my house to do it. I know it sounds crazy. I even make my kids stay in their rooms, so they can't see me. I use to be able to get up and do it, but now I've lost my get up. I'm so happy you found yours.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I now have All by myself stuck in my head :-|

Think of something to help motivate you. When I don't want to workout out, I think about how I'll look in my wedding dress ing a month and a half if I do workout, and how I'll look if I don't!
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    Sorry to say it but your husband is lazy. Losing weight and getting in shape is hard damn work. If you don't want it for yourself then how do you expect to make it to your goal?

***** For a long time I couldn't lose weight, and then I sprained (torn ligaments and all) my ankle and couln't run for two months but I hopped on my stationary cycle and rode until my but was so sore I couldn't do anymore.

......YOU have to want it. I try to tell my friends and family that are overweight but they are just like I was 30+ pounds ago. Fat and ignorant (or in denile whichever you prefer) about the actual condition of their health and life style.......

I look at them and think to myself...WTF I can't beleive I was as big as they are. I don't know what the hell I was thinking letting myself get that big. I'm paying for it now too. But I'm glad that I caught myself before I died of obesity, heart disease or diabetes like members of my family.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    just go do it!! I have never had anyone to work out with -- I kind of like it better that way because I can do exactly what I want! the motivation is within. if you depend on someone else for that you're sure to fail.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

All Is Possible!

Bobby...if I wasn't a happily married woman I think I'd fall in love with you!! You give the most amazing, helpful and uplifting advice. Kudos to you for being so inspirational!!!