Once a Cheater …Always a Cheater…is BS

Options
EyeLikeTacos
EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
I was cheated on by my ex when I was 20, so what did I do? I cheated on her to get even. BUT it didn’t fix how awful I felt for getting cheated on. I still felt like crap, and I have never cheated on anyone since then. I made a vow with me and my God that if I ever got hurt like that again I would just break up…and I did get cheated on three girlfriends later and I broke it off with her. Even though I had lots of opportunity to cheat I didn’t. I was 28 when that happened. I do not believe once a cheater always a cheater. My dad cheated on my mom once when I was like 6 or 7…It was the only time my dad ever cheated on my mother. They have been married going on 37 years now. My dad and I talked about that time, and he said he was young and stupid. Wished he never made that mistake. But once a cheater always a cheater is such crap. I personally feel people who say that are only trying to empower themselves to call someone a lifetime Ahole…Some people learn from their mistakes and never do them again.

Who is with me? I am probably in the minority here.

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    crickets...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Cool story, bro?
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You made a post about something that really would be better to be discussed on a completely different website...

Nope you're in the majority.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm torn on this...I've known both kids. 1 who cheated once and then never again after his wife forgave him. And 1 who was a chronic cheater. I really think a general statement can not be made.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    and this is a rant for why?!
  • BeingWiser
    BeingWiser Posts: 65
    Options
    i agree!
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i like to believe that is the case. But I don't think that happens very often. The people who cheat like the thrill of it. They will most likely always do it. Kudos for you and your dad for not being that way. But like i said before, very rare that someone only cheats once.
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    I think you cant judge anybody too, because you never know why they did it. You dont know what really goes on in someones house and relationship, only they do. sometimes things look really peachy and happy, and they are far from it. we all make mistakes and as far as I know, nobodys perfect. I do think there are people who cheat just for the newness and rush of it all, but not everybody does. Sometimes you dont make the best decision, but if it's a mistake, learn form it and better yourself.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    im at a loss for words
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Ummm... How about get even by dumping the cheating *****'s *kitten*??? And no offense, okay, maybe a little offense, but your mom should have left your father IMO. Cheating is not ok.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I can't say NO TO TACOS.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think you cant judge anybody too, because you never know why they did it. You dont know what really goes on in someones house and relationship, only they do. sometimes things look really peachy and happy, and they are far from it. we all make mistakes and as far as I know, nobodys perfect. I do think there are people who cheat just for the newness and rush of it all, but not everybody does. Sometimes you dont make the best decision, but if it's a mistake, learn form it and better yourself.

There are reasons to cheat?? If you're unhappy, LEAVE... simple as that.
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i agree
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    It is very true that some do actually learn from their mistakes and move on to faithful happy lives. It is not fair to an entire population or gender to judge them based on a single mistake. What a person should be careful of however is a pattern of mistakes. Errors in judgement happen to us all. If an error is made it can be repaired. However repeated errors add up to patterns. That is when "Baby I'm so so Sorry!" means nil. Fool me once:Shame on you. Fool me twice: Shame on me.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have never known someone who just cheated once. Most of the cheaters I know are habitual cheaters.
    I agree with Dextress. cheating is not ok. If your unhappy in a relationship or if you aren't getting what you need from your partner, get out of the relationship.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    are you still cheating on drugs with tacos?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Generalizations are usually created because there's some truth to it.

That is all.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I can't say NO TO TACOS.

:laugh:
    right no no vodka with diet tonic !!! :drinker:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    oh man you should totally post this on facebook :grumble: :noway:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I agree OP, but then again...for some this statement is true.....