I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

DITTO!!!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I was fine until my doctor put me on Lyrica to deal with back pain, which makes you retain water, eat everything that is not nailed down, and I was on it for two years. That's what made me gain it all.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can eat pizza everyday
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I ate too much food and drunk too much soda
    Never exercised
    Emotional eater depending on stress
  • daisy0110
    daisy0110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In order of greatest to least:

I eat too much food
    I drink too much booze
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

Another ditto
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Because I married into an Italian-American Family that only eats pasta, fried foods and rich EVERYTHING covered in cheese?

I know it's deeper than this but that's what I'm going with!
  • LadyButterfingers
    Options
    My parents fed me on the run, and I never really had home-made meals. Doughnuts for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch and dinner (super sized of course) and whole pizzas for dinner, with ample servings of soda and naturally, candy.
    Then, I got very depressed as a teenager (due to several personal circumstances). I ate butterfingers. Butterfinger Bites, bars, ice cream, any product they made. It was nice, crunchy, tasted good and made me feel better (along with my above habits on top of it.)
    I guess it wasn't butterfingers so much as the peanut butter/chocolate/caramel mix.
    Then I moved out on my own, and ate on average about every fifteen minutes. I was stuffing just boxes of food into my mouth, didn't care what it was. I was completely out of control.
    Then one day I sat down on the couch, and the way my stomach and fat folds fell actually made it difficult to breathe.

I gained 60 pounds too much, and began to feel suffocated and claustrophobic in my own skin! It was a horrible feeling.
    Shedding the pounds is shedding the past - every time I loose a pound, I take a step away from the bad things that happened to me and make my life what I want it to be. I've almost finished!
    I've fixed the relationships that were broken, started healthy, new ones and have a plan for my life. Now I'm loosing weight, and trying to enjoy the process of loosing it, too.
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm fat b/c I don't really care. I want to care what I look like, but most days I don't. Then I get upset with myself b/c of the way I look. Depression causes a lot of my laziness unfortunately. Trying to help myself with that to get 'out of the dark'. It truly is helping.
  • Trosemims
    Trosemims Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In order of greatest to least:

I eat too much food
    I drink too much booze
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

This pretty much covers my reasons... It all equals LIFE...
  • jegarc
    jegarc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I needed to be in order to become the person that I will always be.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I did this for years:

tumblr_m2p7lbEDhe1r8k00ro1_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_lp5z2nqIw71qg067po1_500.gif
    tumblr_lnxjslDcak1qg067po1_500.gif
    tumblr_loac9i3H9q1qg067po1_500.gif
  • DJRamone
    DJRamone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple... I don't like to exercise, and I don't have many active friends that I socialize with.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I married a man who can eat WHATEVER he wants and not gain an once. I, on the other hand.....
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored. I hardly exercised. I eat when I'm stressed. I love chocolate (a lot of it). I had a problem with portion control. I ate a lot of junk food.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I drank and ate my way through my 20's without burning it off
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I gained 85 lbs with my first kid and became a spoiled stay-at-home mom. I ate because my outings became restaurant visits and nothing more, and didn't work out after baby because I was too focused on her to do anything for myself. Before my kid I was only ever 10-15 lbs overweight, a vegetarian, and extremely active (like, walking miles a day, playing sports, etc).

I'm still focused on my kids, I just realize that I need to be healthy and fit to keep up with them! :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I was an athlete in high school and kept eating like an athlete even after the athletics stopped.
    I had a rough senior year and put on 15 pounds.
    I put on another 15 my freshman year in college. (That's 30!)
    I met the love at my life at 19... and he didn't seem to mind my weight. Nor did he mind when I kept eating and drinking beer in my early 20s.
    I truly believed there were no finer foods on the planet than microwave/frozen pizza and chicken fingers. It's all I ate.
    I never exercised. EVER.
    I don't stress-eat... I eat when I'm comfortable and happy. Mindless snacking. I was happy so....

Now that I know these things about myself, I am no longer fat.
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did this for years:
    (pics)

AHHHH, I love those! Total Sailor Moon fangirl here. I've always identified with Serena's/Usagi's eating habits, too. :ohwell:
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ... I got lazy when I moved back home, and not doing any exercise didn't mesh well with my addiction to junk food. Oh pizza, how I love thee!

This ...exactly!!!
  • I like food too much and use it to deal with my emotions. When I'm bored I eat, but that has to stop and will stop now. I'm going to be confident in myself and love who I see in the mirror once and for all! :)