Calories logging & incorrect entries.

Options
2»

Replies

• Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks I tried this, but I still don't see it. I am using an iPad, maybe that's why?
    If you have an older iPad without a camera, you will not have the scanner. It needs the camera to work.
  • Jaxta65
    Jaxta65 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks I tried this, but I still don't see it. I am using an iPad, maybe that's why?
    If you have an older iPad without a camera, you will not have the scanner. It needs the camera to work.

Misunderstanding, not the scanner I'm after. Was wondering how I can confirm accuracy on the calorific value etc of a food. iPad does not allow me to do this The way a previous poster suggested. :-)
  • Jaxta65
    Options
    When you search for a food to add to your diary, you can click under the name of the food to see the nutritional information. MFP also asks when you highlight the food item if the information is accurate.

I don't see this, s it enabled or iPad?
  • Jaxta65
    Options
    Oh, and the scanner works fine on my iPad :love:
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    This is something that annoys me too. I even found an entry for blueberries that had 12g of protein in it (what?) before I corrected it. The other thing that annoys me is people put sodium information in wrong all the time. MFP measures sodium in mg not g so the entries are quite often underestimating the sodium level.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When you search for a food to add to your diary, you can click under the name of the food to see the nutritional information. MFP also asks when you highlight the food item if the information is accurate.

I don't see this, s it enabled or iPad?
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. It doesn't appear to be enabled on the iPad app as of yet. There are a few things you can only do on the actual website and this seems to be one of them.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have recently gotten into the habit of scanning barcodes as well, when I can. It's the little button next to the search bar when you add to your diary. Took me a little while to do it right. I still double check what comes up just in case.