Boring old CHICKEN! UGH!!

Options
LGerambia
LGerambia Posts: 8 Member
So I'm pretty much sick of grilled chicken breast just plain or always with BBQ sauce....does anyone have any suggestions for simple chicken dishes with boneless skinless chicken breast! I'm up for anything...Thanks :)

Replies

• theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    fajita fajita fajita!!!

also put it in soups, on salads, or mix it in with rice and/or veggies

yum!
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OR, smother it in taco seasoning and throw in the crockpot with a little bit of chicken broth, a can of black beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and a can of corn! (yea I know, lots of canned stuff, but it's easy!). Cook on low for 6-8 hours, shred the chicken and: make chicken tacos, chicken burritos, chicken fajitias, chicken taco salad....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try something that's not chicken?
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    dip the chicken in an egg, then in a mix of flax seed meal and almond flower (plus a few seasonings for taste if you prefer) and the "fry" it in a pan in refined coconut oil... mmmmmmmmmm
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Stuffed it!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat my chicken this way. It has a little fat but if you eat it with low fat/cal sides it not that bad.

I use chicken breast or drumsticks, coat with melted butter or margarine(doesnt take much) then cover in crushed corn flakes seasoned to taste( I use garlic, seasoned salt, salt and pepper), you can drizzle the extra butter over the top, then cook. I usually cook it with rice and green beans. Its really really good. I used light butter last time and it only takes about 1.5 tablespoons of butter per chicken breast, IMO so worth it.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm actually making this tonight:

I use whole wheat Fusilli noodles (the spiral kind) and add diced tomatoes, red & green peppers, & onion that I simmered in olive oil. Next, throw in some shredded chicken breast, Italian seasoning, garlic, basil, oregano, and spaghetti sauce. Top with Mozzarella and PRESTO!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com and skinnykitchen.com have some delicious recipes
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Piri-Piri Chicken

Put 4 chicken breasts in a ziplock bag
    Zest of 2 lemons
    Squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons
    Toss in 4 minced cloves of garlic
    Sprinkle in salt and cracked black pepper and a good pinch of red chili flakes (even if you don't like spicy, trust me)
    Drizzle in EVOO (not much, like 2 tbs)
    Shake it up and let sit for at least 30 min. but up to overnight.
    Amazing on the BBQ, great grilled, Foreman'ed, broiled or even pan fried.

You will love it!
  • mkstirp
    mkstirp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Marinate in balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Grill or bake, its moist and yummy!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    stuff it with some kind of herby cheese. I also wrap them in bacon lol. then bake.

I like to cook it in the crock pot.. it makes nice shredded chicken that I can use for burritos, tacos, chicken salad, just to put on salads... whatever.

You could marinade in something different besides bbq sauce... just google chicken marinades.

chicken is so not boring.
  • LGerambia
    LGerambia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I must try it.
  • TammySue57
    TammySue57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an Atkins type diet... I take chicken breast and crunch up bbq pork rinds and make my own fried chicken...Yummmmy! Add a lil garlic salt and pepper... Must eat RIGHT when they are done frying or they will turn soggy quickly.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    grill it, spread goat chees on top (with your favorit herbs), broil it until cheese is bubble, top with mushrooms sauteed with olive oil and garlic.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    marinate chicken in olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, chopped garlic and parsley for a few hours. Then saute in an electric skillet. When half way through cooking, add in coarsely chopped (bite size) large onion and green pepper. When chicken is thorougly cooked add a slice of cheese and let melt. This is one of my favorite concoctions
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    1 pita pocket- 100 calories
    1/3 oz chopped chicken-100 calories ( I buy mine already cooked, more flavorful)
    Lettuce- 1/4 cup- 0 calories
    Tomato- 2 slices 8 calories
    Cucumber- 2 slices 2 calories
    1/4 cup colbyjack cheese 100 calories
    1 tablespoon hidden valley light ranch 40 calories

Warm the chicken and cheese up in the microwave, put it in the pita with the tomato and cucumber and drizzle the ranch.

350 calories and filling too!!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    I hate chicken, I eat so much of it that I think I'm about to start sprouting feathers.
  • HoneyDijon
    Options
    Blacked Ceasar Salad
    Bone-less Skin-less Chicken Breast. Mix Ground pepper, paprika,red pepper, Italian spices. Rub Chicken Grill 15-25 min or Bake 25-30 min Make Your favorite Ceasar salad and add fresh hot sliced chicken to top.
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle Hidden Valley Ranch powder on the chicken as it is baking or grilling. My kids and I LOVE it.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Flatten it in a big ziploc baggie with a mallet or heavy bottomed sauce pot. Drizzle just a bit of EVOO in a skillet. Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, minced garlic, lemon pepper, squirt lemon juice on it (McCormicks Montreal Chicken seasoning is also good with all of the above, but a little high in sodium). Cook it, let it rest a few minutes, slice it into fajita meat type strips. Great on salad, in whole wheat pasta, in a wrap or sandwich, or truly awesome with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.