Boring old CHICKEN! UGH!!

Options

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Here is the chicken salad recipe that I want to make tonight!! http://oxygenmag.com/Nutrition/Articles/Crunchy-Chicken-Salad-Pita.aspx

You can also do crockpot mexican chicken in the simpliest form, jar of salsa and chicken breast. Cook on low for 8 hours then shred. I make my own "salsa" and put in a can of black beans, corn, petitie diced tomatoes, and a tablespoon of mrs.dash southwest seasoning.... YUMMY!!
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    A little olive oil and some Mrs Dash and I'm good.

Try to find McCormick's Montreal chicken seasoning. SO YUMMY!
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use Dawn Halls cookbooks. She has some awesome easy recipes. Usually 7 ingredients or less
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I like to get a little cajun and make some blackened chikcen. If you google it there's lots of recipes, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your spice cabinet. It's great served with beans, rices, and some peppers.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was getting so tired of chicken so yesterday I decided to change things up and make skewers.. I added peppers, onions, salmon, shrimp, and chicken and used different spices on each that I thought would complement each other.
  • ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Tacos

4-6 chicken breasts
    1 envelope taco seasoning
    16 oz. jar salsa
    1 - 8 oz. block fat free cream cheese, cubed

Put it all in a crockpot for 4 hours or so. It will come out sooooo creamy and delicious! Shred the chicken before serving. It serves 6 people, and each serving is only 169 calories, 3 grams of fat, 31 grams of protein.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Cube it and stir fry it with any flavors you like or just veg, although I put water in the wok instead of oil.

Wrapped in Bacon

Take any seasoning packet and put some in a ziplock, put in chicken, coat. If you do it right you don't get much dressing on so you can the flavor without all the salt

Shish-kebabs with every colourful veg I can find from the store and throw on the grill/under a low broiler

Thats a start
  • bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cajun skewers
    Cube the chicken breast and pop it into a bowl with 2tsp of Cajun powder, 1tbsp light soy sauce and the juice of 1 lime. Leave to marinate. Then pop on skewers with peppers and mushrooms (if im feeling a bit naughty I pop some hallumi on too.) and cook in the oven.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo yummy! Especially with some sweet potato chips :) xx
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Fajita, quesadilla, or even try a flatbread pizza bbq chicken or italian seasoned, or even spicy. However you like it. I recommend flatout flat breads. Only 90cals and 9g of protein. I made it last night and had turkey pepperoni, cheese and pizza sauce on it and it was 270 for the whole thing which was not bad at all so I had 2 and didnt feel guilty and felt full :). I am trying to experiment with other things as well since we get bored with chicken. You could also try nut crusted chicken. Just take chopped nuts, dip the chicken in milk coat with the nuts and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-40min (dependant on thickness of chicken it takes 20 for chicken tenderloins which is my preference for this bc its like crunchy chicken tenders :) or with chicken breast its closer to 40 depending on your oven^^)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken nuggets! so good!

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets
    Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.1 g

16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 tbsp panko
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.

Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I personally LOVE to try different ways to season it to make it taste better or different....

One of my faves is lemon pepper seasoning, sprinkle on liberally to both sides, cook, enjoy!

Also, I went to Sam's club and found this wonderful seasoning called steak dust, I sprinkle that and seasoning salt onto each side of the chicken breast, then cook, and it gives it a different flavor, but is still super yummy...

thirdly, there is a bottle of sauce you can buy at walmart called Dale's Seasoning, if you marinate your chicken breast in that for about a half hour or so before cooking that flavors it really well and gives you a third option....

I LOVE chicken, I eat chicken regularly, so there is a whole host of different ways I season it to spice it up, but these are 3 of my favorites. :-) ENJOY!
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bumping to make the Piri Piri Chicken tonight. Thanks @missmgray
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    One of my husbands favorite meals. Pour a bottle of Sundried Tomato Dressing over Chicken Breasts, cover and cook in the microwave for about 20 minutes. Super yummy and no need for other seasonings. We usually make mashed potatoes and put about a spoonful of the juice over them.

Also look at Pinterest. I found a lot of new chicken ideas on there.
  • pmhandlo11
    pmhandlo11 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Marinate chicken in Balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, fresh minced garlic for 4 hrs, then grill !
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Tacos

4-6 chicken breasts
    1 envelope taco seasoning
    16 oz. jar salsa
    1 - 8 oz. block fat free cream cheese, cubed

Put it all in a crockpot for 4 hours or so. It will come out sooooo creamy and delicious! Shred the chicken before serving. It serves 6 people, and each serving is only 169 calories, 3 grams of fat, 31 grams of protein.

omg definitely going to try this!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Marinate in bottled teriyaki sauce. Grill. Slice thinly. Wrap a few slices in lettuce leaves with some shredded carrots and chopped peanuts and maybe sriracha. Ta-da! Lettuce wraps!
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    omg, these all sound delicious. I, too, am sick of chicken.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas! Yummy!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bump for future