5'3" weight goal

Options

Replies

• katelouiseoz
    Options
    HI 5'3 and my goal is between 125 and 130. I'm currently 136... feel free to add me :)
  • hungergames201213
    Options
    should i go for my goal or not? thank to everyone. add me.
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    At 5'3", anything less than 115 is unhealthy. Even shooting for 115 is an extreme goal. 125-130 seems reasonable to me! I am 5'3'' as well.

You can be very healthy at 5'3" 115lbs or even less :)
  • babybird3
    babybird3 Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm the same as you! My goal is 112 lbs
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my weight loss goal is 135 - 140 lbs.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    im 5'3" current weight is 114, my goal is 110, possibly 105.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    I am 5’3 and in high school i was 170-190
    my goal weight now is 145 - but i will see how i feel at 145 and might go for 125
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    115-140 is realistic.
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm looking to get down to 140 and take it from there. If I'm happy with 140 I'll stay there, if not on to 135 or 130. But I personally think I'd look great at 140. Especially if I build muscle. :)
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    A weight goal is really important to some people and I get that, but it's better to be concerned with how much body fat you are carrying, or your fitness level, or your confidence, or how much more energy you have due to healthy choices! Light weight does not mean great health, but it doesn't mean poor health either! Same goes for heavier weights.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently weigh 170(size 9/10). I hope to get down to about 160 (7/8). you have to do what is good for you. If i went by what the charts say I should weigh I would be too skinny
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    my favorite weight for our height is 140. Curvy with an ability to eat. I was a size 8 at that weight. I was 130 at your age and thought I was soooo fat! Oh to be that size again would be devine!
  • lauren28178
    lauren28178 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", small/medium boned, my goal weight is 130. Less never looked right, more definitely doesn't look right :)
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a quarter (!) and I'm aiming for 126, I've just started and that gives me 28lb to lose. To be honest, I went for somewhere in the middle of healthy weights for my height; it's been a while since I've been slim and, funnily enough, when I'm happy with my size I don't weigh myself so I don't really know what weight looks good on me! I'm planning on adjusting my target when I get nearer that weight and have an idea whether 126 will look over/underweight.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'3" and change. When I got married I was 104- too thin for me. I'm currently 113 and my goal weight is 108. However my frame size is very small- my under-bust rib cage measurement is 28inches.

I also am in the process of reassessing "weight" per se, since I am almost at my 108 measurements (I have more muscle now than I did back when I got married.) It really does depend on your frame size.

If you go to www.mybodygallery.com you will see that there are a LOT of different bodies at any given height and weight. There are also a number of different fitness goals for the people on this site. According to NIH, BMI at 5'3" and 105 is 18.6. 18.5-24.9 is considered "normal weight" and 18.4 and under is considered underweight.

Best of luck to you!
  • aihnaseksi
    Options
    hi there, check out this Body Mass Index table, http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.htm

and yes i agree with the others who said it still depends on your frame, whatever weight you decide, as long as you are HEALTHY!!! good luck to you!!!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal weight is 120lbs, but I'm having a very hard time getting there now that I have been focusing on strength training. I'm at 123-125lbs (depends on the day lol), and I think I'm ok with this as long as continue to lose inches. I'm medium built and when I was 112-115lbs, everyone kept telling me I looked too skinny and sick so I want to make sure I refrain from getting that low again.
  • Mel7977
    Mel7977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", 35, small framed, and currently 119.5. When I was a teenager and through to my mid 20's I was constantly about 105, which made me look like a skeleton. I would like to slim down to a fit 115 which means I need to do a lot of strenght exercises. You really need to look at your body and decide what looks healthy on you.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5'3
    115-117 weight, this size even up to 120 works for me.
    Depens on your build. And your muscle goals;-) See where you feel best.
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 55kgs(121lbs)

My current weight is 57.7kgs(127lbs)