Fat Loss Guide

Options
124»

Replies

• PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I also have an issue with the way BCAAs are presented here. They may be helpful for heavy lifters when doing fasted training, but that's about it. They're really not necessary for the majority of people and can be quite dangerous if used in excess. Which tends to happen a lot among the "if some is good, more is better" crowd.

Agreed regarding effectiveness/usage. What have you seen regarding overuse?

Theoretically, people should be able to just pee out any excess that they consume, but there's a number of very common conditions that could be negatively impacted by high use of BCAAs. There's thought that excessive BCAA consumption may exacerbate depression or cause issues in those susceptible to depression. There could also be issues for people with diabetes who are taking meds that already lower their blood sugar. And potential negative side effects for those with kidney disease, liver disease, and a number of other less common conditions.

All of which goes to say that it's important to be cautious when using BCAAs or any other supplements. Read the label and follow the instructions. Check with your doctor to make sure there's no potential for negative effects, based on your conditions and meds.

Sucks too cause the FDA doesn't really regulate supplements. Even though USP has some validity the companies can still put whatever they want in their products.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this - thank you so much!

I found the cardio, HIIT and just the general exercise info very valuable :) Thanks again :)
  • succes2012
    succes2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mleanne21
    Options
    ty very interesting and informative
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    Bump
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Cool
  • hellmama5
    hellmama5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share this information.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Will read :)
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Sucks too cause the FDA doesn't really regulate supplements. Even though USP has some validity the companies can still put whatever they want in their products.

I know, it's so strange. If I'm not mistaken, the biggest reason we know BCAAs aren't usually harmful is because so many people have taken them without complications. Not because of safety testing.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Saving this for later. Thank you for sharing it :)
  • almartini11
    Options
    Saving for later-thankyou!!
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump for later when i can read it :)
  • petechiae