Looking For a Support System

Options

Replies

• JudyADavis
    Options
    HI I'm new to the whole mfp thing.... what parameters do you have to set for an "open diary"? I think that would be good for me. -j
  • teekee08
    teekee08 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi!! I've been on MFP for about a month but finally got to my "onboard" day about 2 weeks ago. I have a long journey ahead and I have to be proactive and practice what I preach; failure can't be an option!!

I haven't started exercising yet but I need to make sure I understand what a healthy eating plan is day in and day out. But exercising is the goal of August!

Would love to add as many people as possible to my friend list!
  • BrittSwimsJDRF
    BrittSwimsJDRF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this thread, please feel free to add me as well!!! I've been struggling the past few months due to a death in the family, and I need to get my head back on straight and re-commit to ME! This is going to be a lifelong journey :)
  • abhyler
    abhyler Posts: 6
    Options
    Love the team support here! Please fell free to add me!
    Lets shed those lbs !
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i added you. we got this !
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    I am also new here (1st time) - I just joined yesterday and am also interested in creating a support system. I have 145 pounds to lose - that will get me down to my skinny-me pre-pregnancy size that I have only dreamt about for the last 13 years. I feel like this time around, it's really gonna happen. I used to smoke, and after several quit attempts, woke up one morning (5/22/11) & just knew I was never going to smoke again, and I haven't. I have that same feeling this time, with my weight-loss plan.

If anybody who is serious about their journey and uses this site regularly would like to add me, please do! :)
  • Maeiowa
    Maeiowa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    add me if you like. I have only been using mfp for about 2 weeks but I used lose it.com before that. I am determined to lose the weight.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a serious MFP user. I shed 70 lbs the first year. It works with support of great people like you! We went to Disney 2 months ago and for some reason I have struggled to get things under control since. Never stopped exercising, but I also didn't stop indulging which resulted in +20lbs. I feel gross and unhappy. I am committed to getting these lbs off again and continuing towards my goal.

Looking forwad to getting to know all of you!
    ~keep it skinny
  • amiers11
    amiers11 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am training for a triathlon and I am on MFP several times a day.
  • amiers11
    amiers11 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am training for a triathlon (figure its a good way to lose 100 lbs) and I am on MFP several times a day.
  • loobybooby82
    loobybooby82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im on the journey big time. I have over 100lb to loose (ive done 21lb so far) so I will add you if thats ok?
  • along52111
    Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. I hope I didn't come across as self-pitying when I wrote my previous post.

Not at all :-)
  • along52111
    Options
    Hi! Im on the journey big time. I have over 100lb to loose (ive done 21lb so far) so I will add you if thats ok?

Me too! I noticed that we started at the same weight and are the same height! :)
  • EllaKnows
    EllaKnows Posts: 19
    Options
    I will give support :) I just ask for support back!
  • hjmatthew
    hjmatthew Posts: 16
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Support is so great!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Always wanting new friends :)
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So who will revisit this thread I wonder? . . .

Along52111 – thanks for getting this started. Your weightloss is just great. What is your next goal? I think if we each put our mini-goals on here we can helk each other achieve them.

Gvroxie – is that short for Groovy Roxie? I like it! If we can help you figure out how MFP works please ask. I would recommend focusing on logging all FOOD and EXERCISE and following a couple of threads. You can go to MY TOPICS to easily find us again.

Michele2224 – Hope you come back and keep this going with us! If you make your diary public we can help you with tracking what works and share some ideas.

Susanjackson6 – such an impressive ticker!! What has been the one thing you won’t waver on during this journey? Do you track everything you eat here on MFP?

Sour_girl – WE WANT TO SEE YOU REACH YOUR GOAL!! If your diet buddy doesn’t motivate you or needs you to hold their hand then they’re the easiest kind of ‘dead weight’ to lose! Move on and make this journey solely about YOU. It’s ok to be selfish about this!!

Candy69apple7 – Nice progress your first week!! Love MFP on my phone also. Did you know you can scan UPC codes with it? AWESOME!! Add me if you want another friend to support you.

Angieeishere – We’ve both lost 50lbs. How great do you feel? I had dropped 70 and gained 20 back recently. Can’t tell you how uncomfortable that makes me. Determined to get it back off this summer and continue where I’d left off. I think we joined MFP the same month/year also. Good luck – hope to chat with you here more.

Manni92385 – I will add you to my friends list. MFP really does work if you get involved in an active group. Our group sort of disintergrated in May/June and all of us have started to ‘creep back up’ the scale. I’m back and plan on sticking around. I really need this to keep me on track and motivated. Hopefully we’ll get this group strong enough to start some challenges!

Mayflowers222 – Not sure who you are but your profile pix is HOT! LOL

There are so many others. I will add you all as friends and look forward to getting to know each of you!

Ps – I don’t usually post long posts like this – but I needed to spend some quality time on MFP this morning to get myself motivated. Thanks!
  • Amanda92385
    Amanda92385 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Manni92385 – I will add you to my friends list. MFP really does work if you get involved in an active group. Our group sort of disintergrated in May/June and all of us have started to ‘creep back up’ the scale. I’m back and plan on sticking around. I really need this to keep me on track and motivated. Hopefully we’ll get this group strong enough to start some challenges!

How did your group work? I've never been a part of an active group / support group so I'm not really sure how people use them... I'm definitely up for getting a strong group together and putting some challenges out there! Who doesn't love a challenge to help get their motivation up :).
  • alpwmom4
    alpwmom4 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the site and looking for some friends. I downloaded the app to my phone a couple of months ago, but haven't used it much. I logged on to the site on my computer for the first time today.

I'm ready to get serious about weight loss. I'm 30 years old and a mother of 4. Feel free to add me as a friend!! :)
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    @ RenaeJae - I did track everything I ate for a long time and actually lost over 40 pounds. When i first started on MFP I was super motivated and dedicated to eating less and exercising. Then I guess I got burnt out, for a while. I also have put nearly 20 pounds back on and not liking it at all. :angry: A lot of my early success was challenges I joined and friends support I received here on MFP. Then it seemed like everyone started dropping out of challenges and leaving and so did my motivation. So I am really trying to surround myself with people who are active in challenges and hoping I can get back to where I was. I just started Insanity ( for the 3rd time) but I am determined to finish it this time!!:smile: