Did you take pictures?

Options
13»

Replies

• razors_girl23
    razors_girl23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn't, but I wish I had. Even though I have lost 13 kg and two dress sizes, I still find it hard to notice the change in the mirror when everybody else says how good I look now. Having said that, two things happened this past week which made it sink in. First was trying on wedding dresses. I never wanted to go strapless cause of my fat arms. Surprisingly everything I tried on looked good and the consultant said I had a great body which would suit any dress. Second thing was I found some old photos of myself in a fun run last year before I'd lost weight. I was horrified at how big I was. So I would definitely take pictures to compare to your new self in the future.
  • 30forApril
    30forApril Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did they are important to me ... I take them ever so often... I'm wearing only a sports bra and some little shorts... when I look at the pictures I took back in March of 2011 and the ones I took last month I am appalled by how huge I was... they help me put some real perspective on what i have acheived... mainly because when I look in the mirror I still see the same 200+ person I used to be... I'm not sure if it's because I didn't realize how big I was back then, or because I still see a big body in the mirror... I don't think I'll ever show them to anyone ever, but they serve as a reminder that I never want to go back to that... :smile:
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am taking them now just so i can see my progress. I have a few "fat" pics but nothing intentional that really showed how heavy I was. I was good at hiding it lol.

Hey.. on a side note feel free to add me if you are looking for friends! Love to be surrounded by like minded people who are motivated to be healthy!
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    I did-- I also took pics every 20lbs.. It's been extremely motivating!
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    I did take before pictures and I think it is very important for you to see all of the progress you make. :)
  • michaelalalalala
    Options
    I took pictures.

I don't see why you wouldn't, they're only for yourself 99% of the time, and you're not going to regret taking them, would only regret NOT taking them (as many posters have).

They're a great motivator to see how your body is actually changing when the scales don't seem to be moving, from putting on muscle and losing fat!