Insanity Progress Pics ~ 6 weeks in (I would have quit)

Options
newmrsdec10
newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
Most people have heard of Insanity - Shaun T's max interval circuit, high cardio, 60 days

People who make it through have great success. They drop lbs, clothes sizes, inches, improve fitness, etc.

So here's the deal. I am now on day 46 (tomorrow) of Insanity. I absolutely LOVE it. It is hard as everything, but every time I finish a workout, I feel so accomplished! I'm burning major calories per my polar ft7 HRM. Now to those successes others have.

At the end of 3 weeks - people (some) in my fb group had really started losing weight; others were down a pants size. If anything, my shorts felt tighter. :mad: BUT I had taken my measurements on day 1, so I had my husband do them again and I was down 7 inches overall. Okay, I'll take that.

- end of month 1: down 3 lbs and another 2.5 inches - making it 9.5 overall.
- Clothes still fitting the same.

Now I'm in the middle of week 2 in month 2. Month 2 is a beast!! I haven't done my measurements yet (I'll do those this weekend at the end of week 7) and I've tried to stay away from the scale because it has not moved more than 3-4 lbs (I still peek :blushing: )

I see myself everyday, so I still see my lovehandles and big stomach and back rolls that I'm trying to get rid of. I'm thinking they aren't going anywhere, I'm not losing any weight, my clothes don't fit looser - why am I still doing this?

300d3ck.jpg

30tqwxz.jpg

I sure hope you can see the difference, but even if you can't, I can! I am sooo glad I took those AWFUL before/day 1 pics. (I even deleted them at first; my husband had to retake them.) I used them as fuel to keep going and now they are proof that what I'm doing is working. Do I wish I could say I've lost 15lbs or gone down 2 sizes, of course. But I also know that that has to come eventually. I still have a long way to go, but I'm heading in the right direction.

This is so far out of my comfort zone; I hadn't planned on showing these to anyone until I was a long ways away from my day 1, but I hope this helps someone who feels like quitting keep going. Every day you're doing something, you are improving!

kesxvs.jpg

Replies

• Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference!!! WOW :)

Keep up the amazing work and most of all the amazing attitude!!!

I am just starting a program, literally on Day 2 today, and I am hoping I can do half as well as you are doing :)
  • anmcneel
    anmcneel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great! I want to start doing Insanity too, but it's so intimidating!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Dang lady! Mad respect. I'm doing NROL4W and plan on starting Insanity after I'm finished around Septmeber (my husband is doing it now). I've worked out for my entire adult life and I'm still kinda scared of it! Great progress!
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I looked at your pictures and though, "Seriously? She can't see a difference?" because they were blaring obvious to me.

If you can say, "I am healthier today than I was last week, and last month, and last year" then in my book you have success. Once you complete the program you can always redo it if you want. Just be proud that you are so close to finishing something that so many people quit!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference!

I got to day 1 of month 2 of Insanity and had to stop due to a wrist injury. :sad:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I can totally see a difference! And I love the poster you put at the bottom. We are all here to reach our goals, and every step can be a struggle! So keep up the great work. I don't ever see myself being able to complete Insanity. I took the fit test, and although I suprised myself... I felt shaky and old and exhausted after it!
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and I can definately see the progress. If you cant, girl you are CRAZY! :) I know how you feel with the frustration because I would have quit right along with you if I did not take before and during pictures, as the scale just does not move.
    Just keep going and keep digging, you got this already.
    And thank you for your motivational post. It is good to know someone shares the same frustrations that I do with this.
  • SarahYesICanFitness
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!
    You are CRUSHING this!
    Man - I have to kick it up a notch!
  • ILYJRBJNB
    ILYJRBJNB Posts: 38
    Options
    I can see a big difference....good job girl!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Huge mad props to you for your bravery! I can totally see the difference in your body. You are an inspiration!!!
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Congrats on sticking to it and thank you for sharing!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You have done a wonderful job girl! Proud of you
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING and BRAVE and INSPIRING!

And you may have convinced me to try Insanity too. :wink:
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    BIg Difference! Congrats! I added you, we have the same body type.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    big difference!!! keep it up!!! you are doing a fantastic job!!!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I'm on week 1 of month 2, and you're are right. It is a beast! I too was getting discouraged because I gained 4 lbs in the first month (forgot to take measurements). But I decided to hang in there until the end as a lot of people have indicated that they didn't lose weight until they were in the second month. I'll see how it goes....

Keep it up. I can absolutely see a difference. Great commitment!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    yu can defately see a differne on most areas stomach and definately the back angle- maybe your not seeing it so much. Insanity is an amazing workout- I loved it so much and am looking to do it again. I did insanity followed it like a bible and the change in my stamina and body was amazing. I dont have a 6 pack (far from it) but my tummy looks so difference to before you can see i've lost a fair bit of excess fat. In total I lost 10lbs but 14.5cms, so please keep with it. Just think how much fitter you will be after pushing your body to that extreme.

I am now on phase 2 of p90x, the intensity is alot less as I felt insanity was a sweat fest (i felt pysically sick after some of those workouts) p90x is more for inches loss/ toning but I am hoping to start to define my body shape.

Great working girl- keep up the good work!
  • StubethyAlice
    Options
    You are looking great! I know what you mean though, over the winter I lost about 30 pounds but *I* couldn't see it, because it was so gradual. Looking at photos I can tell, but just me looking in the mirror every day, no, I can't really tell. Unfortunately I let myself slip up the past several months and gained back about half what I had lost. So now I'm here, seeing great motivational posts like this! Thank you for having the guts to post 'so far outside your comfort zone' !!
    *mad props*
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference! Thank you so much for all your encouraging words to us out here that are struggling. I feel just like you did. But I did not take any before pics. I guess I should start taking them so that when it is my turn, I can encourage folks just the way you did! I am so encouraged by your pics Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!