Insanity Progress Pics ~ 6 weeks in (I would have quit)

Options

Replies

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I can see a difference and the weight/sizes will come. Keep going!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words! It really means a lot.
  • newmrsdec10
    Options
    I literally just ordered it. I'm so nervous about trying it. How well do you do on the nutritional part? That's the part I always struggle with.

Yay for ordering it! It took me a year to finally decide to just do it.

This is where I struggle as well. I don't do the nutrition guide recipes, but I did do the calorie formula and try to do the 5 meals/day (3 meals and 2 snacks) and the 40/30/30 for protein/carbs/fat (which I just realized is actually supposed to be 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat! ha). I have been coming in under my calories though - sometimes way under b/c they have my goal as 2100.

I was using my MFP goal at first and eating exercise cals the first 2-3 weeks and then upped it to the nutrition guide recommendation.

I am planning to follow the Elite Nutrition guide for the last 2 weeks and see what happens.

And of course you're nervous! It's insane, haha. I was nervous too, but you can do it. I was then scared out of my mind the night before month 2! Just take it one day at a time, modify what you need to and put out your best effort!
  • newmrsdec10
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am new to Insanity and I can see that I will love it - having a hard time pushing play every day.

You are doing fantastic. I can definitely see a difference. Keep it up.

Would love to pick your brain about getting started. I can't make it through the workout. What did you do when you first started?

Prayed. And cursed. And kept going. haha.

I suck at push-ups (though I can do quite a few now!) and did them on my knees. I had (still have sometimes) weak upper body strength, so I couldn't move as quickly on things like suicide jumps(burpees) - for every 2 they did, I did one. Take breaks as you need them; drink water when you need to and then get back into it. The people in the video fall all out on the floor and look at the shape they're already in!!!! Listen to Shaun T. You will still get a heck of a workout doing it at your pace, I promise.
  • newmrsdec10
    Options
    I can see the differenece for sure. I also tried insanity and made it 3 weeks....hated it but loved it at the same time because it was such a workout. I didn't finish because I wasn't seeing the scale move either. Glad to hear someone else have that same issue but you can clearly see your body has changed! Maybe I will try again and this time take before pics and measurments. Thank you for sharing this has given me inspiration to try insanity again :) You look great! Keep going!!!

I'd definitely say try it again. If you made it 3 weeks, you were in there. If you do, take pictures and measurements; best advice I can give anyone!

Thanks again.
  • newmrsdec10
    Options
    I definitely see the difference on your back... don't you just love those love handles... grrrrrrrrrr. I don't think mine will ever go away! Keep up the good work! I am still terrified of Insanity so I applaud you for having the courage and sticking with it.... BRAVO!!!!!!

oh.em.gee. The 'love' handles! They will go away; they have to!! We are going to make them disappear.

Thanks!
  • muffybo
    muffybo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can really tell the difference.!! It IS working!! I have had a slow road to weight loss with alot of working out at a POWER HOUR fitness class that is really hard. I have reshaped and I am tracking on this website. So you encouraged me. Thanks.
  • newmrsdec10
    Options
    Keep at it! Month 2 is a killer, but it gives you GREAT results. I have finished 3 rounds of Insanity and I am SO glad I decided to commit to it that first time. Don't forget to send off for your Insanity "I earned it" T-shirt when you finish!

Umm, I will be sending it off ON August 5th!!! Trust me! hahaha
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options
    You can definitely SEE a difference!!! I know it is hard, but keep up the good work!
    I have looked at those types of programs and 5 years ago I would've done one.

Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with Autoimmune/Inflammatory Arthritis last year, after being sick for nearly 4 years.

I miss being able to work out as intensely as I did ten years ago, but I am adjusting to my new normal.
  • bianca23marie
    Options
    You look great. I plan on starting tomorrow if my boyfriend does it with me :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I see a difference!!
    The line over your belly button is shrinking, meaning your belly is shrinking, Rolls on the back are getting smaller, also shrinking, and your thighs are smaller! Its def working. I would give it another couple weeks to a month and take new pics.... I'm sure you will def see it too :) If you're getting frustrated you could switch to something else too, like 30 day shred, I've seem AMAZING results pics with people doing that too!
    Keep it up your doing great :)
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    I can see it..................AMAZING JOB :) You look great!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you !!! U rock girl!!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My friend keep it up cause u can see a change after u finish it do it again don't give remember u r also building muscle.
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My friend keep it up cause u can see a change after u finish it do it again don't give remember u r also building muscle.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Great job and keep it up. Stand tall Lady!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow great job ,looking good.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress. I've never stuck with it as long as you have but I do love it. It is a great burn!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Your back is looking awesome!! That alone is a big difference. I can also see change in your stomach! Good for you for sticking to it. P90X nearly killed me, lol. I am terrified to try Insanity.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with it! It is really showing results for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!