Would this annoy you?

Options
2»

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I hope not I have to ask for a spot also and at least from what I can tell they seem more than happy to help out
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    no way is it an annoyance. just remember to return the favor if they see you another time in the gym and ask for a spot.

i've found most people are glad to help with spots. i usually ask for them with my bench press on the last set because i have no idea how my right shoulder will act

Thanks to my rotator cuff injury I have been slowly to gain back my old Bench press. I'm not in the gym to impress really but I really miss it :(.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing squats at the gym I like to have someone spot me. Usually I get a gym manager to do it, but he's not always available. If I interrupted your workout to ask for a spot, would that bother you?

No, not at all. Although it might be a little uncomfortable spotting a woman because you have to get kinda close if you actually do have to move in for the spot. LOL
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    no way is it an annoyance. just remember to return the favor if they see you another time in the gym and ask for a spot.

i've found most people are glad to help with spots. i usually ask for them with my bench press on the last set because i have no idea how my right shoulder will act

No shoulder problems but the bench is the most dangerous lift to fail on. My last set is the one I always get a spot on!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm such a wuss compared to you guys!! LOL I was excited about my 85 lb squats last night o_O. Lam-o right here!! LOL

yay I'm not the only one lol! I finally got all my 5 reps at 85lbs today haha!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm such a wuss compared to you guys!! LOL I was excited about my 85 lb squats last night o_O. Lam-o right here!! LOL

Always be proud of your progress. You're working hard and making progress; progress is progress in this game. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Always be proud of your progress. You're working hard and making progress; progress is progress in this game. :)

Absolutely!! You guys are doing great and so much bette than those that are not trying!!
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    I don't think anyone would be annoyed. The only reason I might say no is if I was at the end of my workout and completely drained. I think at that point I would be of very little help in the event you did need help haha!