365 Days on MFP - 71 lbs = 1 Very Happy Kyli!

Options

Replies

• dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!! Your hard work has definitely paid off and it shows in your smile, which is gorgeous by the way. Keep it up and stay awesome!!

Angie
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! :happy:
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi, guys! Today is my one year MFP anniversary!!! :) Over the past year I've lost 71 lbs, discovered a love of running, and at 30 years old am in the best shape of my life! I definitely could not have done it without MFP and all of the AMAZING, supportive people I have met here. I am so glad I discovered this site! It's completely changed my life and it will change yours, too, if you stick with it and give it all you've got!

Here is how I lost the weight and got in shape...

Diet - I really didn't focus too much on eating healthier at first. I basically worked on measuring my food and eating proper portion sizes. I couldn't believe how much I was overeating! I stayed below the calorie goal MFP gave me with my settings on a 1 lb/week loss. I gradually started eating healthier foods and discovered a lot of great foods through the message boards that I'd never tried before, such as, Greek yogurt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, edamame, protein bars, etc. I now focus on getting a lot of protein and fiber and eating a lot of fruits and veggies. I just feel so much better when I eat healthfully. I still eat fast food, junk food, and drink alcohol, but I do so in moderation and make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day. My husband does not eat healthfully, so my house is constantly full of temptations, but I've gradually worked up the willpower to resist. Mind over matter. :)

Exercise - When I first started MFP, I was a total couch potato! I never played sports in school or enjoyed any form of physical activity really, so I was living a very sedentary life. I started out with just walking at the park and worked on gradually increasing my distance and speed. Then, I got a job that is very physically demanding and basically thought I was going to die at first, but now I love my job and it's been a big help in reaching my weight loss goal. I decided I needed to start exercising outside of just work, so I got some Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, which I love! I've done 30DS, RI30, and am currently on 6W6P. I've also done C25K and since completing it, I've ran three 5k trail races and a 10k. I'm now training for a half marathon in October. I've discovered that I love working out and running, NEVER EVER thought those words would come from my mouth, but it's true. I had no idea how amazing it could make me feel and I have so much energy now!

And now, pictures!

This is the picture that started it all. This was taken at my family reunion last summer and I could not even believe that was me! I was 195 lbs here. I realized that I needed to do something. I was so unhappy with myself and how I was living.
    DxwTdl.jpg

bWLqwl.jpg

N5Hwul.jpg

At 123 lbs.
    TxkW2l.jpg

Thank you for reading! :happy:

Kyli, you are AMAZING!! Loved reading your story and so impressed by your transformation. WOW>
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    daaaamn, u look fantastic!
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ohmygoodness girl! You look amazing!
  • highly_motivated
    Options
    :smile: Great story and very motivatng! Keep up the good work you are doing for youself and others.
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump, great great job!!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Amazing. bump
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing congrats and keep up the awesome work.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. A true inspiration to all of us. Congratulations. Keep it up.
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    congrats!!! i'm glad you are happy! also you look AMAZING! i hope to be able to post an amazing story next year too! i just started on here- i have a bunch of girls in my support group who came over from facebook so we can help eachother out. one problem for me is that i hate running! hopefully i can do something about that :)
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing!! Good Job.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow amazing great job!! So encouraging
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness,you look amazing.I can really tell the difference in the pictures.Great job:)
  • MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    amazing, good job !!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to believe you are the same person..what an incredible transformation. you deserve the 'new' you and the recognition in this thread for your incredible turnaround. you look stunning!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! Today is my one year MFP anniversary!!! :) Over the past year I've lost 71 lbs, discovered a love of running, and at 30 years old am in the best shape of my life! I definitely could not have done it without MFP and all of the AMAZING, supportive people I have met here. I am so glad I discovered this site! It's completely changed my life and it will change yours, too, if you stick with it and give it all you've got!

Here is how I lost the weight and got in shape...

Diet - I really didn't focus too much on eating healthier at first. I basically worked on measuring my food and eating proper portion sizes. I couldn't believe how much I was overeating! I stayed below the calorie goal MFP gave me with my settings on a 1 lb/week loss. I gradually started eating healthier foods and discovered a lot of great foods through the message boards that I'd never tried before, such as, Greek yogurt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, edamame, protein bars, etc. I now focus on getting a lot of protein and fiber and eating a lot of fruits and veggies. I just feel so much better when I eat healthfully. I still eat fast food, junk food, and drink alcohol, but I do so in moderation and make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day. My husband does not eat healthfully, so my house is constantly full of temptations, but I've gradually worked up the willpower to resist. Mind over matter. :)

Exercise - When I first started MFP, I was a total couch potato! I never played sports in school or enjoyed any form of physical activity really, so I was living a very sedentary life. I started out with just walking at the park and worked on gradually increasing my distance and speed. Then, I got a job that is very physically demanding and basically thought I was going to die at first, but now I love my job and it's been a big help in reaching my weight loss goal. I decided I needed to start exercising outside of just work, so I got some Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, which I love! I've done 30DS, RI30, and am currently on 6W6P. I've also done C25K and since completing it, I've ran three 5k trail races and a 10k. I'm now training for a half marathon in October. I've discovered that I love working out and running, NEVER EVER thought those words would come from my mouth, but it's true. I had no idea how amazing it could make me feel and I have so much energy now!

And now, pictures!

This is the picture that started it all. This was taken at my family reunion last summer and I could not even believe that was me! I was 195 lbs here. I realized that I needed to do something. I was so unhappy with myself and how I was living.
    DxwTdl.jpg

bWLqwl.jpg

N5Hwul.jpg

At 123 lbs.
    TxkW2l.jpg

Thank you for reading! :happy:

You were gorgeous before and you're gorgeous now! Congrats!
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ridiculously impressed! Love your story! Your pictures are great and you look fabulous! I hope I'll be able to post a similar story on my one year anniversary! Way to keep all of us motivated and inspired!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You were absolutely gorgeous before but now you look happy as well which makes you look stunning. Amazing transformation great job girly! :drinker:
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an inspiration!. You look GREAT!.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!