ALCOHOL! The low-cal drinks???

Options
Hey guys, anyone have any suggestion for low calorie alcoholic drinks? I was thinking vodka and diet coke? Maybe?

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey. I usually have spirit and diet coke. Wine and beer are a nono!
  • BarbACona
    BarbACona Posts: 76
    Options
    I was wondering this also as I love sweet wines and have to be very careful not to go over on calories with it. I have it about once a week or so if I have had a high exercise day where I have burned alot of calories.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big drinker but I have had Crystal Lite w/ the flavored vodkas- good if you have a sweet tooth like me. I haven't tried the skinny girl stuff- but I'm looking forward to it!
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is vodka, water and mio. Or for the fix, vodka, club soda and mio. (Fruit punch mio is my favorite)
    The only calories are from the vodka itself.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have read several articles on this and it seems vodka and rum are about the lowest.
  • tamsam3
    tamsam3 Posts: 3
    Options
    My friend enjoys vodka with club soda. I am going to make a change and go from MGD to MGD 64 and not have so many.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I make my own flavored water, and have vodka and water with ice :) yummy and refreshing

Or in a pinch, Molson 67 Beer
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A drier wine isn't too bad and there are health benefits to wine! The sweet wines are higher though. A spirit + diet drink is a good call (sparkling lime water with tequila and a squeeze of lime is one that I like). But honestly, when I know I am going to drink I try to get in a big workout and then drink whatever I want (see my diary from last Sunday. Long run = beers by the pool and the ball park lol)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is vodka, water and mio. Or for the fix, vodka, club soda and mio. (Fruit punch mio is my favorite)

"Mio" will give you a 70's pron star mustache.
    I've seen evidence in a prior thread.....
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Vodka and rum have only ~70 calories per ounce.

I personally like to mix them with flavored seltzer water (must read ZERO all the way down). For instance, the flavored seltzers at Wal Mart are excellent and cheap, and mix very well.

If I'm going out, I usually mix with soda (seltzer) and get it with a lime, or mix with Coke Zero/Diet Coke.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Google 'get drunk not fat' for a website that ranks drinks in 'bang for buck' order.

Not that I drink ...
  • squiggle888
    Options
    Gin and tonic is awsome. Amount of calories in a 100ml of schwepps slimline indian tonic water... is 2.
    Then a shot of gin is 56 calories.

So 250ml glass is around 61calories.

I like red wine too - a (small) glass of that is around 85cal - while a realistic glass is 119cal.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Run 5 miles and drink a great big barleywine :) (no light beer for me! HA!)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

"Mio" will give you a 70's pron star mustache.
    I've seen evidence in a prior thread.....

it is dangerous! :flowerforyou:
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used to like to have my drinks on the weekends, not so much anymore. It's not worth it for me lol. Smirnoff has a light cooler, 100cals and like 1g of sugar. Some ppl drink club soda with vodka and water. I'll still have a light beer or smirnoff light with my supper on a saturday. Haven't gotten tipsy in a while though, I miss it haha
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    scotch with a splash of water, enjoy
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Vodka or gin and slimline tonic, both under 70cals :)
  • Mar225
    Mar225 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vodka and MinuteMaid 15 cal cherry limeaid :) Delish!
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    I always went with beer and wine - but now reading this I guess I should re-evaluate. I do enjoy a glass of seltzer and three olive cake vodka... and when i say seltzer and cake vodka - I mean a huge glass of 90% seltzer and a splash of cake vodka...
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic is one of the lowest, but if you are looking for something that actually tastes good I would go with any type of calorie free chaser (i.e. coke zero, diet dr. pepper, sprite zero, etc.) and vodka, clear rum, or gin. Stay away from beer and if you have to drink wine go for something red.