Diet Pops good??? NOT

Options
124»

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Just drink water Aspartame is TERRIBLE

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. To be 18 and be a frelling know-it-all...I miss those days.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    CBA reading that, and not really a soda drinker but if I was what the H would it have to do with you? You do your thing, let everyone else do theirs. Amazing how many EXPERTS there are when there is a forum
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of what diet soda will do to my body. So to counteract any side effects, I always dilute it with a healthy dose of Bacardi. I figure the chemicals in the alcohol will kill all the bad stuff in the diet soda.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of what diet soda will do to my body. So to counteract any side effects, I always dilute it with a healthy dose of Bacardi. I figure the chemicals in the alcohol will kill all the bad stuff in the diet soda.

lol love this!! lol
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options

4. The act of drinking diet soda — and of seeing it in your fridge — sends your psyche a slew of negative, demoralizing, less-than-healthy mental messages (I am afraid of getting fat; I don’t trust my body to crave the right things; I need to be on a diet; I am compelled to drink sweet stuff, even though I know it’s not good for me; I’m being “good” now so I can be “bad” later), all of which tend to drive other unhealthy eating behaviors even as they trigger disempowering feelings of self-denial and self-indulgence. (For more on this dynamic, see my Thoughts From the Editor column, “View to a Fridge.”)

Uh, this isn't true for everyone. I grew up on Diet Coke because my family drank it. As such, I can't stand the taste of regular Coke. It's sicky sweet and leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth. It also makes me sick to my stomch. Even when I wasn't trying to cut junk out of diet, I always chose Diet Coke over any kind of regular soda. So when I see Diet Coke in my fridge, all I see is Diet Coke in my fridge. There are no superfluous messages or questions...except maybe "Who bought Diet Coke?" because I haven't bought any in awhile.
  • Seattlema
    Seattlema Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! Diet Soda has not stopped my progress. Cheers!